Ghost guns seized in Burlington and Woburn; officials warn of dangers they pose

Reptile

NES Member

Ghost guns, which can be built at home using tools like 3D printers, are a rising problem in Massachusetts, officials said.​

Law enforcement officials are warning the public about the threat that ghost guns pose after officers seized illegal weapons on multiple occasions in recent weeks.

Ghost guns are untraceable weapons that are privately assembled. They are often the result of kits being sold online, and pieces of ghost guns can be made using 3D printers. They do not have serial numbers.

In a release Tuesday, Middlesex District Attorney Marian Ryan and Massachusetts State Police Colonel John E. Mawn, Jr. confirmed that their two offices have been collaborating on multiple investigations. These have resulted in the seizures of several ghost guns, as well as the parts and equipment used to make them.

They seized the man’s DRILL PRESS !!! And his 3D PRINTER !!!!!! This is egregious !!!

So what now. If he is seen walking out of harbor freight with another drill press he is going to jail again !!
yeah, i did read it the same way. the big hunt on 3d printing had begun.

would be interesting to check later which charges will stick to the second guy - article is behind the paywall now, cannot see the name. but it seems they had no issues to raid his house.

They seized the man’s DRILL PRESS !!! And his 3D PRINTER !!!!!! This is egregious !!!

So what now. If he is seen walking out of harbor freight with another drill press he is going to jail again !!
I'm screwed
I have two 3d printers - one of which is a high speed, large capacity model with remote
Also have a full sizes drill press, cnc mill and a lathe.

What's going to happen to my dogs?

I'm screwed
I have two 3d printers - one of which is a high speed, large capacity model with remote
Also have a full sizes drill press, cnc mill and a lathe.

What's going to happen to my dogs?
With all the things you have I’m going to make the assumption you don’t really like your dogs.

My dogs are in danger as well.

On Feb. 9, a State Police trooper in Wilmington pulled over a vehicle driven by Sean O’Connor, 37, of Woburn for alleged erratic driving. The trooper found an ammunition magazine during the stop, and searched the vehicle further. The trooper then discovered that O’Connor was in possession of a loaded 9mm Glock-style firearm with no serial number, as well as magazines and ammunition for an AR-15 rifle, officials said.
O’Connor was arrested for driving after his license was suspended for operating under the influence, Ryan’s office said.
Police then executed a search warrant for O’Connor’s home on Brentwood Lane in Burlington. They found multiple completed Glock-style ghost guns and components of uncompleted handguns and AR-15-style rifles. Officers also uncovered a drill press and other tools used to manufacture ghost guns, officials said.

ummm.. yeah

I wish they actually had a non blurry or close picture of these claimed 3D printed frames.

Lol they can clap those people all they want but someone will be pumping them out tomorrow.... of course they will never admit that the violent felons that the system refuses to keep locked up are the actual problem and not the guns themselves...

ummm.. yeah

I wish they actually had a non blurry or close picture of these claimed 3D printed frames.
Printing a frame is pretty easy if you buy a popular brand printer.
Plenty of videos on how to get great print quality for any popular printer.
Once you get even half way decent quality then you just follow the Readme file included in the frame zip file to get a working frame.

MicroCenter runs promotions for a $99 printer more than capable of printing frames.

Attachments

• IMG_20220219_073158443_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220219_073158443_HDR.jpg
    1,023.8 KB · Views: 40
I was at an Appleseed event last year, two of the rifles on the line were 3D printed. Minus bolt, any springs,, and barrel. One was a 10/22 clone and the other was a AR-15. Was impressed with the print quality.

The shooter with the AR-15 had only been 3d printing for a few months. It's not hard just takes a little bit of time. I've only had DIY 3D printers so I'm not sure the come up time on an off the shelf, but I imagine less.

My printer is currently being worked on, but I'm feeling the desire to try a full 3d printed build

How do we convince the left that the ghost guns are friendly like casper?

articles about ghost guns being used for self-protection would be a start. Unfortunately, while some people have ghost guns so they will have some protection after collection day the people currently using them are doing so for nefarious reasons. Those are the stories we get.

articles about ghost guns being used for self-protection would be a start. Unfortunately, while some people have ghost guns so they will have some protection after collection day the people currently using them are doing so for nefarious reasons. Those are the stories we get.
After collection day ALL gun owners will be criminals…so same reporting.

Also, it appears that these ”ghost guns” are more dangerous to the operator than the operatee…

B83DCE72-0781-44CA-897F-B588EEACFCA9.jpeg

Last edited:

They are going to need a fork truck for my Bridgeport.

They will now try to license and control 3d printers and the metals used in parts
meh mr universe GIF

It goes to show the folly of trying to control weapons. For a small investment, you could be churning these out day after day.

Printing a frame is pretty easy if you buy a popular brand printer.
Plenty of videos on how to get great print quality for any popular printer.
Once you get even half way decent quality then you just follow the Readme file included in the frame zip file to get a working frame.

MicroCenter runs promotions for a $99 printer more than capable of printing frames.
The picture of the bust shows p80 boxes. I mean What is the point of printing outside of the hobby for normal street criminals.

What is the point of printing outside of the hobby for normal street criminals.
costs, probably, if one makes it a business to supply local gangbangers.
a printed glock all in all is an under $300 total expense in parts with almost 0 work needed, just an assembly.
p80 is more complex as it requires some drilling and, potentially, more time. and costs more.

all printed frames, though, are typical to fail as certain stress points, in time. you gotta use more expensive materials to minimize that issue.

Back
Top Bottom