Give it up for Dench! the newest HSC 200 / 300 qual'd shooter!

congrats guys! Hubby is now getting me hooked on rifles...
We had a 'redneck date' and I tried his new (to us) savage 99 in .243 a little level action fun this morning. We are toying with the idea of getting a remington 700 for me

We had a 'redneck date' and I tried his new (to us) savage 99 in .243 a little level action fun this morning. We are toying with the idea of getting a remington 700 for me

get a cat.

Hey Dench, how come you didn't use the Mosin? [wink]
the mosin is out of comission. long story short, my father refinished the stock and now the barrel wont fit onto the stock. it looks like its ruined.
ill just have to buy another one!
Nice. Just wait til I drill and tap my SKS sniper project and get it set up for the 7/3 shoot and let Dench try it. He'll be converted in no time.[wink]
maybe, stranger things have happaned!

heres one of my targets from 100 yards
upload21.jpg

I'll need to get qualified sometime too, especially since that's my major selling point for joining a 2nd range. I was sucking with my CZ527 last time at the 100 yard range for some reason, so I'm going to have to try something else. Maybe remove the bipod and try my front rest -- the bipod jumping around when I fired was more annoying than helpful. Or, maybe the Savage 110... that's the only other one I have with a scope (but its a cheapo $30 scope).

Does anyone ever try to qualify with an AR15 using iron sights or holographic sights? I'm guessing not since my typical groups with it are around 4" at 100 yards.

Does anyone ever try to qualify with an AR15 using iron sights or holographic sights? I'm guessing not since my typical groups with it are around 4" at 100 yards.

Id be interested to hear if anyone has qualed with iron sights too. Id like to try my AR out past 100 yrds.

[bow]When I was there yesterday to get brass catchers I think everyone there was on this board. Unbelievable.

I want to qual with my AR with irons as well. But right now my groups are much wider than I'd like at 100 yards (in my defense, I'm using Wolf 55gr in a 1/7 barrel). I need to work on that.

Could easily do it with my PSS though. What's the procedure for qualifying?

that would be interesting to qual w / iron sites...

kinda like shooting pop ups up to 300 meters like.........

[rofl]

i was kidding with the cat comment.

the remington 700 SPS is nice.

i read a lot here when making the choice

http://www.snipercentral.com/ - in the equipment review section

the mosin is out of comission. long story short, my father refinished the stock and now the barrel wont fit onto the stock. it looks like its ruined.
Sounds like a little heavy sanding might be in order, or a replacement after-market one.
ill just have to buy another one!
Do that anyway.
heres one of my targets from 100 yards
upload21.jpg
Looks like minute of cat to me

What do you mean "you got qualified?" Do you have to qualify to shoot on these ranges?

yes, they have to verify your zero at 100 yards.

it's pretty easy,

hit paper @ 100 yards and your good.

one of the more senior members will comment...

we used the NRA 100 yard small bore rifle target.

with those 2" stickers on it.

honestly, i don't think it matters. Mr T was using 25 yard slow fire NRA target, with 4" stickers.

[rofl]

i was kidding with the cat comment.

the remington 700 SPS is nice.

i read a lot here when making the choice

http://www.snipercentral.com/ - in the equipment review section

[smile]I figured such...as it is frequently said of people in my profession "breathed in too much gas"[rofl] I have a bad habit of just blurting things out[rofl]...which leaves poor hubby [rolleyes]
cool link though...thanks for that! Someday I hope to hit a target at 200 yrds. I dont know when I will get the chance for an Appleseed

Congrats fellas.

Getting some quality time with the bolt-action rifle on the 100 yard range and qualifying at the 200/300 are at the top of my to-do list since I joined earlier this month.

Hoping to get out there with the Savage .243 either this weekend or the following.

cool. looks like the ranges will be crowed this summer. [laugh]

note:
as of Monday, I don't recommend driving past the "T" intersection coming from the 100 yard range towards the trap / skeet class 3 ranges. we almost got stuck. my car bottom'd out twice.

but i can drive!

Back
Top Bottom