• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Given up on my LGS

eboos

NES Member
A shop nearby where I l’ve bought a few guns in the past I had lost faith in and won’t be returning. I don’t think fudd is the best way to describe the owner, but we certainly do not share a mutual understanding. Asked if he had small pistol primers. He offered to sell me only 100 because he wanted to stretch them out. WTF good would 100 do me? There were other things and this just isn’t the shop for me.

A shop nearby where I l’ve bought a few guns in the past I had lost faith in and won’t be returning. I don’t think fudd is the best way to describe the owner, but we certainly do not share a mutual understanding. Asked if he had small pistol primers. He offered to sell me only 100 because he wanted to stretch them out. WTF good would 100 do me? There were other things and this just isn’t the shop for me.
While I don’t think it’s reason to stop going somewhere, the smallest denomination of primers should be 1k. 100 primers is like a bakery selling a single bite of a cookie.

Let me know what you need and I can help. ;)

I dunno why they think rationing most primers even makes any sense. Just don't sell them, at that point. Most people reload in quantities that 100 primers is basically
a drop in the bucket. KTP always did that stupidity, too.

I can see rationing out 209s or Muzzleloader primers, as the guys hunting dont need a ton anyways and getting a little tray of those will probably cover their whole season and then
some. You can easily make more customers happy by selling different trays to different people.

We need to make it a forum rule that shop rants without naming names in the OP is grounds for an instant ban.

I've always been of the mind that "if they're not worth naming then they must not be that bad"

There are also lots of "meh" type shops that I generally avoid that others here likely get excited about, so rather than drop an upper decker, bang their wife, and throw the keys on the roof, I say nothing, and just continue letting them live in their little disneyland.

It's not that hard to figure out if most of these places suck or not.

While I don’t think it’s reason to stop going somewhere, the smallest denomination of primers should be 1k. 100 primers is like a bakery selling a single bite of a cookie.
I generally agree, but as it happens, I currently wouldn't mind finding a card or two of Large Rifle Magnum primers on a shelf for $10-ish each. I might like to experiment a little in 7mm Rem Mag with the one rifle I have in that caliber, but it's not a cartridge or rifle I expect to shoot as many as 1K times.

I dunno why they think rationing most primers even makes any sense. Just don't sell them, at that point. Most people reload in quantities that 100 primers is basically
a drop in the bucket. KTP always did that stupidity, too.

I can see rationing out 209s or Muzzleloader primers, as the guys hunting dont need a ton anyways and getting a little tray of those will probably cover their whole season and then
some. You can easily make more customers happy by selling different trays to different people.
But KTP didn't limit people. They did sell them in quantities of 100, I suspect it was to charge more overall for 1K primers and so the skinflints could buy 200 instead of 1K.

You know, like splitting a case of 380 four ways.

PS:
Last time I bought at KTP was before the pandemic. Not sure what they habe done since then.

Yup. I know Kittery sells by 100 unless you buy them online for in store picking and can get multiple bricks of a thousand

Back
Top Bottom