• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Globe opinion writer whines about the vile tone of response of AG's unlawful edict.

In today's globe ms. Abraham has nothing to say about the particulars of the end run publicity stunt the AG just pulled and then proceeded to sneak out of town under cover of darkness to avoid legislative review,

but instead focuses on the vile response of the 300000 instant criminals she created.

And then proceeds to slur gun owners as " gun lovers" , much like the derogatory term "n word lover" that was strewn about to describe mixed race marriage .

and goes on to say the commenters on a " gun nut" blog , insinuating we are mentally ill for enjoying our 2A RIGHTS.

And then goes into her spelling police rant, indicating if you can't have perfect spelling

your opinion is not valid.

she follows that some horrific person posted the AG's home address, a publicly available stat.

well young lady, I do have a name for you, as I know this will get back to you,

as as it's known the anti's troll this site regularly ,

it's

hyp·o·crite
ˈhipəˌkrit/
noun

• a person who indulges in hypocrisy.
    synonyms:pretender, dissembler, deceiver, liar, pietist, sanctimonious person, plaster saint; More

Last edited:
Yeah, it's not worth reading. Although I think it's hilarious that any talk of us protesting outside of Healey's house gets demonized when BLM and others have used this tactic many times in the past and it's perfectly acceptable for them to do it.

How many times do I have to tell you, the only reason anyone reads that pile of sh!t is so they can nod and smile and feel sanctimonious about thinking what they have been told to think.

It's the equivalent of masturbating to a picture of yourself.

It's un-officially a State-run paper. Healey first notified us peons of her edict through it. They said we had 600 people last weekend when we had 5000 (BPD), and now they're vilifying her opposition. It's Pravda.

It's a delightful echo chamber. If you only ever read MSM and Facebook, you'd never encounter an actual human whose progressive views differ from your own. If only we had the luxury of such sanctimony.

You can denigrate that article all you want, but the reality is many people in MA have read it. There were many such statements about Healey here on NES. And the result of such statements (whether here on NES, or sent to Healey via email or a Twitter) is that our actions become the story, rather than Healey's actions. And as a result, we close the minds of many people who might otherwise have been willing to listen to us.

This is why it is important that we address Healey appropriately. This why we need to denigrate her actions, not her sexuality.

You can denigrate that article all you want, but the reality is many people in MA have read it. There were many such statements about Healey here on NES. And the result of such statements (whether here on NES, or sent to Healey via email or a Twitter) is that our actions become the story, rather than Healey's actions. And as a result, we close the minds of many people who might otherwise have been willing to listen to us.

This is why it is important that we address Healey appropriately. This why we need to denigrate her actions, not her sexuality.
Point well made.

Collectively, we have to become .P.C

eta: to eliminate their sanctimonious high ground battle position.

Last edited:

Yup, and that's why I was glad you guys cleaned up the other thread and put in the new rules. We need the support of the LGBT crowd and women in general, and denigrating Healey's sexuality and gender is not the way to do that. Same with BLM and the cops. Keep it clean, folks. I know we all want to rant about this, and forums make good places for that, but we need to keep in mind that each rant can hurt our cause.

You know Yvonne Abraham should be reminded that the government that makes you a criminal retroactively today in violation of your 2nd amendment rights can retroactively make you a criminal tomorrow for being Jewish and violate your 1st amendment rights... Not like there are any examples of that in history.... oh wait a minute..

Yet it's perfectly fine to call us "gun nuts" names anytime they want
We're racist if we say "law and order" or homophobic, xenophobic hobbits if we dare say "America First"

Yet it's perfectly fine to call us "gun nuts" names anytime they want We're racist if we say "law and order" or homophobic, xenophobic hobbits if we dare say "America First"
Let's be honest -- people said a lot worse things about Healey than that.

Last edited:
I've said it before, wouldn't line my cat's litter box with that rag. Glad I dumped my subscription years ago.

Amen. I tolerated it for the funnies and sports. When the Glob was anti-RedSox in 04, they went the way of the Dodo to me.

Point well made.

eta: to eliminate their sanctimonious high ground battle position.

Those who employ PC as a control tactic will NEVER accept you or your arguments, no matter how carefully you mimic "political correctness". Get that through your head. You think that if only you speak reasonably and intelligently and have a command of accurate facts and a insightful, logical argument that you will sway their opinion over to their side. This is false. They seek control, nothing else--and stigmatizing "out-groups" and manipulating the outward show of social rejection is just a tool that they use.

I agree that bashing Healy for her gender or for her sexuality is lowbrow and retrograde, but (again) don't believe for a second that they will ever "respect" your ideas, because what you are and what you believe obstructs their ultimate agenda.

Point well made.

eta: to eliminate their sanctimonio us high ground battle position.

While I agree with you to a point, I would remind you of the content of many of the DNC emails that have been leaked over the past few weeks. Sanctimonious high ground battle position? Hardly.

Those who employ PC as a control tactic will NEVER accept you or your arguments, no matter how carefully you mimic "political correctness". Get that through your head. You think that if only you speak reasonably and intelligently and have a command of accurate facts and a insightful, logical argument that you will sway their opinion over to their side. This is false. They seek control, nothing else--and stigmatizing "out-groups" and manipulating the outward show of social rejection is just a tool that they use. I agree that bashing Healy for her gender or for her sexuality is lowbrow and retrograde, but (again) don't believe for a second that they will ever "respect" your ideas, because what you are and what you believe obstructs their ultimate agenda.

You are misunderstanding who we are trying to convince.

Using appropriate language won't convince Healey and her ilk. But using inappropriate language will definitely influence the majority of the people in the middle who haven't made up their minds. It will also convince LGBT people that gun owners aren't on their side.

How many times do I have to tell you, the only reason anyone reads that pile of sh!t is so they can nod and smile and feel sanctimonious about thinking what they have been told to think.

It's the equivalent of masturbating to a picture of yourself.
[laugh2][rofl]

Dear Ms. Abraham:

I'd like to begin by sharing a few definitions with you:

stereotype

[FONT=&amp]transitive verb ste·reo·type \ˈster-ē-ə-ˌtīp, ˈstir-\

Popularity: Top 1% of lookups
Simple Definition of stereotype
[FONT=&amp]
  • : to believe unfairly that all people or things with a particular characteristic are the same
[/FONT][/FONT]
Source: Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary

Yes, we can do better - but "gun people" are representative of a wide swath of society. We have our doctors, professors, lawyers, teachers. We also have some bigots. The same would be true for any subsampling of the population. What Ms. Abraham did was search for some bad examples on the internet and then wrote a piece of "journalism" that attributes that as a whole to second amendment advocates.

bigot
[FONT=&amp]noun big·ot \ˈbi-gət\

Popularity: Top 1% of lookups
Simple Definition of bigot
[FONT=&amp]
  • : a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person;especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group)
[/FONT][/FONT]
Source: Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary

Ms. Abraham - Please read the definitions I've included in this message and take a look at yourself in the mirror.

I cannot excuse the inappropriate reaction of some people - but you should understand that the visceral reaction is due to actions of a person who unilaterally stomped on due process and civil rights. Who told us that we were criminals and she would not prosecute us at this time. This isn't even about guns - it's about due process and the rule of law.Ms. Abraham - What you have written is no better than the bigoted responses that you cite. The difference, is that you cited some guy on the internet, but your writing is carried in the "newspaper of record" in Massachusetts. When you have a losing argument on the facts, you attack personalities.

If you'd like to question my intellect and education, I'd be happy to send you a copy of my Ph.D. and my peer-reviewed scientific articles. I'd much rather be spending my time helping increase the number of underrepresented groups in STEM fields, or helping people with disabilities - but you and the Attorney General are forcing me to spend time defending my civil rights instead.

Using appropriate language won't convince Healey and her ilk. But using inappropriate language will definitely influence the majority of the people in the middle who haven't made up their minds. It will also convince LGBT people that gun owners aren't on their side.

Better idea is to actually clean up and consolidate some of the threads....To many good ideas being crushed by a lot of nonsensical rants and foolish opinions spread out over many threads.

Those who employ PC as a control tactic will NEVER accept you or your arguments, no matter how carefully you mimic "political correctness". Get that through your head. You think that if only you speak reasonably and intelligently and have a command of accurate facts and a insightful, logical argument that you will sway their opinion over to their side. This is false. They seek control, nothing else--and stigmatizing "out-groups" and manipulating the outward show of social rejection is just a tool that they use.

I agree that bashing Healy for her gender or for her sexuality is lowbrow and retrograde, but (again) don't believe for a second that they will ever "respect" your ideas, because what you are and what you believe obstructs their ultimate agenda.

You can't change the mind of a true Anti.

You CAN sway the mind of a Non.

Not all Nons are unreasonable; many are clueless about the ramifications specific to our thing, but see the overall ramifications of AG overreach. Those are turned off by "hate speech". We can't afford to alienate people due to impolitic speech.

That's reality.

OK--point taken, and we should all understand that slurs are counter-productive and alienate whatever fair-minded listeners we can still engage.

That being said, no matter how we behave, they will ALWAYS make rancid, cynical caricature of our beliefs.

Back
Top Bottom