glock 19 gen 4 not firing last round

cfbackrow

NES Member
Hi I have a new Gen 4 glock 19 and I purchased some low caliber marked square notch prebans (2) here is my issue...no matter how many rounds I load into either mag...the last round doesn't fire and the slide doesn't complety cycle..leaving a loose round that falls out when I eject the mag...I'm thinking I might need new springs...any other thoughts? Thanks in advance

got any pals you can take to the range with a G17/G19 mag in better shape than yours? definitely sounds like a mag problem especially if it's feeding and firing the rest of the rounds ok.

in fact if you can determine that's the problem i have some nearly brand new G19 mag springs from the mags i upgraded with dawson +5s. if that ends up being your problem we can talk price and shipping.

I'm north of Boston.
If you want to test some mags out at Mystic Valley Gun Club, let me know.

IIRC you need to switch out the follower on a U-notch G19 magazine if you want it to work reliably in a Gen4 gun. I have no experience myself though, since the only G19's I've ever owned have been Gen2's.

ETA: My bad. I just saw that you have preban square notch mags. I don't know what your issue could be then. Sorry.

Did you get low cap mags with it? or only the 2 square notch mags? If so do the other mags function properly? It does sound like a worn out spring issue. Depending on your timeframe. It cant hurt to order a couple +power springs and swap them out to see if it helps. Being they are used mags it's a good step regardless.

I would say disassemble, inspect and clean. Glockstore.com has magazine Maintanance kits (basically a disassembled post-ban magazine sent for "parts replacement") I have a gen4 and have no problems with pre-bans still in stock condition. Crud and crap can build up causing the follower to tilt or the spring could just need replacing. You can also order those parts individually drone glockstore for relatively little money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a mag like that....I just sent it in to Glock describing the problem....they sent me a new one for free in about 2 weeks.... problem solved !!

ok, i'm a glock fanboy, and i guess a stupid one, but what is a "low caliber marked" magazine?

ok, i'm a glock fanboy, and i guess a stupid one, but what is a "low caliber marked" magazine?

The mag on the left has the low cal. marking. That's where it was before it was moved up during the ban to make room for the LEO marking. There are many variations but I won't get into it. There's another thread for that.
841f2a071482b58e5fc0205c749add6c.jpg

The mag on the left has the low cal. marking. That's where it was before it was moved up during the ban to make room for the LEO marking. There are many variations but I won't get into it. There's another thread for that.
841f2a071482b58e5fc0205c749add6c.jpg

i really wish folks didn't go out and identify things which could be used to date the mags besides the obvious. why make it harder behind the iron curtain? not marked LEO/.gov only? not ambi-notch? whatever, it's all good.

glock themselves still refuse to play the game and won't date mags if you ask them.

I had a mag like that....I just sent it in to Glock describing the problem....they sent me a new one for free in about 2 weeks.... problem solved !!
+1 call Glock and ask to speak to a technician. I've called on 2 issues and they've not only been helpful they sent new parts at no cost within a week.

i really wish folks didn't go out and identify things which could be used to date the mags besides the obvious. why make it harder behind the iron curtain? not marked LEO/.gov only? not ambi-notch? whatever, it's all good.

glock themselves still refuse to play the game and won't date mags if you ask them.
Im with you. This was just an answer to a direct question as to what people mean when they say "low cal. marked." Not my pic and not my opinion as to what you can or should carry. I'm in the no ambi notch/ no leo camp.

Back
Top Bottom