• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock 19 Upgrades

Hi all, just joined NES a few weeks ago and am really loving the content and community here! I recently purchased my first Glock 19 and brought it to the range (Mass Rifle) last Sunday, and put a little over 100 rounds through it. Very fun firearm to shoot.

Anyways, for fellow Glock owners and/or enthusiasts, I've been doing my research on potential upgrades for the firearm and have gathered the following on potential upgrades to install. Upgraded trigger, Night sights (either Trijicon or some other alternative), Magwell, Stippling for Grip, Undercuts around the trigger guard, extended mag release, and extended slide stop, etc. What is everyone's thoughts on any of these upgrades and do you view any of them as "absolutely necessary".

Would love to hear any of your thoughts. Thank you!!

Undercut trigger guard with a Dremel while you are drunk and crying. Stipple it and then have massive regrets when you wake up hungover. Put Dawson sights on it. Toss some rubber bands on the grip to drive people bat-shit crazy. Also, mark your magazines with googly eyes. This is what I did, and my life is great. #noragrets

In all seriousness... skip the extended slide locks and all that silliness. The Vickers magazine release isn't all that bad. Aftermarket triggers are all over-priced for Glocks, and I haven't found a connector that doesn't just turn it into mush. Best upgrade for most guns is more magazines and more ammo.

Replace the sights. I like 10-8 Performance front night site, and a plain black rear with a wide cut. Drop in the OEM extended slide release. Drop in an OEM - connector. Maybe a 25 cent trigger job. Apply some grip tape. Skip stippling. If you don't like it, you can't undo it. It will lower the gun's value if you decide to sell it. Grip tape will give you all the grippines you need at low cost and it is 100% reversible. Nothing else is needed. Spend your money on ammo instead.

Last edited:
Undercut trigger guard with a Dremel while you are drunk and crying. Stipple it and then have massive regrets when you wake up hungover. Put Dawson sights on it. Toss some rubber bands on the grip to drive people bat-shit crazy. Also, mark your magazines with googly eyes. This is what I did, and my life is great. #noragrets

In all seriousness... skip the extended slide locks and all that silliness. The Vickers magazine release isn't all that bad. Aftermarket triggers are all over-priced for Glocks, and I haven't found a connector that doesn't just turn it into mush. Best upgrade for most guns is more magazines and more ammo.

+1 on the Vickers mag release, trigger gets better with more use, mags and a ton of ammo. Practice practice practice. Best of luck

Don't forget the burnt bronze paint job.

Lol regret x 100..

I did a pretty darn good stipple job on my gen 3. Had i known vickers was going to bring out a grey rtf glock... i might have just flipped it for that one

It is still massively better than both gen 3 and gen 4 textures for gripping the gun. Though you could reach the same effect with sandpaper tape. It was an urge i had to have done , instead of paying 400 dollars to have someone stipple a glock. So far no super regrets, and people generally like the work ive done who hold it.

Last edited:
My kids saw me browsing a website for a set of new springs for the Gen2 LE trade I just picked up, and they want me to get a custom slide cover plate etched with the Rebel Alliance symbol...or the seal of the Jedi order, now I can't decide.

Buy mags Ammo and lessons. No upgraded parts can substitute for good fundamentals of marksmanship

Hx50DQs9XtpOWxG3zwqhXpz-bMSjkz_yv-EGt_1vT4c

Topped mine off with a Burris Fastfire II

Jack

Last edited:
Don't do anything to it yet. With your own words, you've only shot 100 rounds with it. Put 500 rounds through it and figure out what you don't like about it, then change that.

You may find that you don't like the Glock and trade it for something else.

The stock sight is pretty good, but a lot of people change them; I went with truglo, bright in the day, glow in the dark. I've got a permanently messed up thumb from a mc accident so I tend to put extended slide release, magazine release and takedown levers on my Glocks.

Do yourself a favor and skip all the undercut, slide cuts, stippling, crap....

A set of sights, whatever, your choice, a glock " - " connector and a shit ton of ammo and be done with it.

Glocks are ulgy piles of plastic, doing all that other crap makes them expensive, ulgy piles of plastic. (And this is coming form somebody that owns 3 gen 4's including the 34 MOS)

You want to go bat shit on upgrades? Trade it for a 1911 and go at it, otherwise leave it be.

. The stock sight is pretty good, but a lot of people change them.

I disagree. IMO, the stock Glock sites are crap. The front sight is too thick, and as a result there is almost no daylight on either side of the front sight when aligned in the rear notch. In addition, the stock sights are plastic and easily damaged.

Last edited:
My kids saw me browsing a website for a set of new springs for the Gen2 LE trade I just picked up, and they want me to get a custom slide cover plate etched with the Rebel Alliance symbol...or the seal of the Jedi order, now I can't decide.

Join the Dark Side
wht glock.jpg

Most of mine are stock. The LE trade ins that I have are getting ghost connectors and trigger springs

If you plan to use the gun for range only that is one thing, but if it will double for self defense you may want to pick your upgrades carefully. Last thing you need is a prosecutor painting you as a gun nut intent on shooting someone because you installed a "hair trigger" and had a "Punnisher" slide cover on your Glock. I think I picked that up on a podcast and thought it worth noting.

If you plan to use the gun for range only that is one thing, but if it will double for self defense you may want to pick your upgrades carefully. Last thing you need is a prosecutor painting you as a gun nut intent on shooting someone because you installed a "hair trigger" and had a "Punnisher" slide cover on your Glock. I think I picked that up on a podcast and thought it worth noting.

I currently am fooling around with an Agency Arms drop in trigger AND I have a Punisher logo slide plate.

I'm doomed.

Don't do anything to it yet. With your own words, you've only shot 100 rounds with it. Put 500 rounds through it and figure out what you don't like about it, then change that.

You may find that you don't like the Glock and trade it for something else.

The stock sight is pretty good, but a lot of people change them; I went with truglo, bright in the day, glow in the dark. I've got a permanently messed up thumb from a mc accident so I tend to put extended slide release, magazine release and takedown levers on my Glocks.

150 rounds.. but yes you have a point... :)

Definitely going to take everyone's general advice here on limit myself with the upgrades... At some point, yeah I might as well get a 1911. I watched some tutorials on 25 cent trigger job, pretty interesting and will probably do this one as it seems so easy. Next would be the ghost connector and nights sights, but I think that'll be it for now--gonna load up on Mags and Ammo!

Back
Top Bottom