• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock 21 or 1911 - which one should I buy?

Broc

NES Member
I need your help here. I hear the 1911 can shoot down Japanese Zeroes and won 2 world wars, but I also hear Glock is perfection.

Another issue is I am afraid the Glock is a skinflint gun, I dont want people to think I am one of the poors. But Glocks seem to have great ergonomics and there is enough Glock bling in the aftermarket that I could turn it into a non-skinflint gun.

Help me decide which one I should buy.

Ps: 40 is still g@y so don't tell me to get one of those.

Last edited:
The Glock is objectively a better pistol. Glocks are not for everyone. I found the trigger annoying, and the aesthetics are just plain gross. I do acknowledge it's the better-designed firearm, but I don't buy things that don't make me feel happy. And Glocks don't.

I've owned about six 1911s and just one Glock 21, which I sold. So I'm biased.

I think it comes down to which one you'll shoot better, most likely, in terms of grip angle and trigger. Carry might also be a factor: the thinness of the 1911 vs the G21 is a definite consideration in that regard.

The Glock is objectively a better pistol. Glocks are not for everyone. I found the trigger annoying, and the aesthetics are just plain gross. I do acknowledge it's the better-designed firearm, but I don't buy things that don't make me feel happy. And Glocks don't.

I've owned about six 1911s and just one Glock 21, which I sold. So I'm biased.

I think it comes down to which one you'll shoot better, most likely, in terms of grip angle and trigger. Carry might also be a factor: the thinness of the 1911 vs the G21 is a definite consideration in that regard.
Good points. I will not be carrying either.
Unless there is a zombie apocalypse.

Hang on a minute. I hear this is launching next year
b4873c2c48e0b2dc60ccfda894195a4e3a263645.jpeg

Good points. I will not be carrying either.
Unless there is a zombie apocalypse.

It was an easy decision for me. The moment I touch a 1911 and point it, I hear a choir of angels singing a chord in my head. It just fits me. The Glock, by contrast, feels like I'm pointing a brick.

Never again. I mean, I owned my '21 for 12 years and shot it plenty, but no. Aesthetics and ergonomics matter.

I think Remington makes a.double stack

And

Also Rock Island makes a double stack. But not sure if it is just 10 rounds or 10+
Being honest?
I really like my RIA 1911. It's been as reliable as my Glocks. Of course, I expect you'll want a Magnum Research, to match your BFR

I got to shoot a Delta Elite the other day. You're not wrong. It has similar recoil to a 45, but it's shooting 10mm. I had kept it off the list until that moment.
It’s so niiice.

1A9B820A-68AA-416F-98EC-5047BDCDE33C.jpeg

@Broccoli Iglesias Americans have such issues with metric already, they would never buy a 1cm because they’d think it’s smaller than a .22

I wonder if @Business End Customs or @Greg Derr could be convinced ;)
I know if I were a builder, I would do it for you...for a price
If the caliber is on the slide, I could just get a new slide.

Or even better, have someone machine a line over the 10mm and correct it with 1cm.

Unless they are skilled enough to complete cover it up and make it look good. [laugh]

If it is on the barrel, could be easier to solve with a new barrel.

If the caliber is on the slide, I could just get a new slide.

Or even better, have someone machine a line over the 10mm and correct it with 1cm.

Unless they are skilled enough to complete cover it up and make it look good. [laugh]

If it is on the barrel, could be easier to solve with a new barrel.
Modifying the slide wouldn't even be that hard (buying a blank would be easiest, obviously). I wonder how hard it would be to convince a barrel manufacturer to custom engrave one...

Modifying the slide wouldn't even be that hard (buying a blank would be easiest, obviously). I wonder how hard it would be to convince a barrel manufacturer to custom engrave one...
Probably easier to tell them to send a blank barrel, no engraving for a custom build.

Zev tech glock... worst of both worlds

Want to tacticool up perfection with enough straight lines to make a modern style architect jealous?

Texture so agressive that you can control the gun with blood on your hands? And using the gun with all its sharp edges will most assuredly draw a shit ton of blood.

Want to pay around the cost of a high end 1911 but get 1 12 dollar non oem mag?

Want buttons so large they match the font size on your moms phone?

A gun as tight as a 1911 that requires 1000 round break in

A 3 lb trigger

Want people to know you operate

A frail gun thats super expensive yet takes glock parts?

Last but not least now you can look down on glock owners as poors and 1911 owners with disdain because your polymer gun costs more than their 1911

Back
Top Bottom