GLOCK 22 question (for LenS)

okay, im turning 21 in march and want a GLOCK 22 or 23.
I will be working as auxilary police and CCW.

I saw a GLOCK 22 3ed gen w/night sights for 559. MA OK.. would it be a good idea to put money down on this, or are there better deals to be found..

what are peoples thoughts on CCW with a G22... too big? im going to see if he will let me put it in a holster n "try it" b4 i put money on it, but in general what r peoples thoughts on this.

thanks guys.

Last edited:
If you are going to be a sworn LEO in March, WAIT until then.

At that time, you'll be eligible for the LE discount program. G22 or 23 will cost you $398.20 for a brand new Gen 3 with LE hi-caps (3 mags with gun).

When you are eligible, go talk to Carl at Four Seasons on the procedure. The gun is ordered/paid for/credentials sent to Interstate Arms (LE Distributor) and they send the gun to Four Seasons for pickup and proper transfer (4473/NICS/FA-10).

At that time, you'll be eligible for the LE discount program. G22 or 23 will cost you $398.20 for a brand new Gen 3 with LE hi-caps (3 mags with gun).

When you are eligible, go talk to Carl at Four Seasons on the procedure. The gun is ordered/paid for/credentials sent to Interstate Arms (LE Distributor) and they send the gun to Four Seasons for pickup and proper transfer (4473/NICS/FA-10).
Ditto, and some PDs will even issue you a weapon depending on dept policy. My supervisor just started doing aux for Leominster PD and they're all getting Sig 226 (IIRC) in .357sig.

For CCW there's nothing more sweet than the subcompact G29 or G30. I bought a G22 for my security job but when I CCW its the G29 with Double-Tap Gold Dots.

in looking at interstate arms website I came across this.

MASSACHUSETTS LAW ENFORCEMENT: I certify that the above information is true and correct and that the firearm that I am purchasing is for on duty use only and is not being purchased for resale.

ALL OTHER LAW ENFORCEMENT: I certify that the above information is true and correct and that the firearm that I am purchasing is for on or off duty use and is not being purchased for resale.

would this mean that I cannot leagally carry this off duty??
is/how is this enforced?

It doesn't restrict you such that you can't carry it off-duty. It's just a MGLs thing that legally the purchase exemption for LEOs is not as generous as it once was due to Queen Cheryl. (i.e. Chapter 180 of the Acts of 1998)

So the gun you buy under the exemption legally is supposed to be one that you are "authorized to carry for duty purposes". How strict anyone is wrt to this for purchases will vary with the supplier, etc.

If they ask for a letter from your PD and you get the letter, you are golden. If they ask and you are denied the letter, Interstate may not do the deal (where others might).

There is no enforcement of this, other than the supplier "making the call". Many are as loose as a goose, while some toe the line to the letter of the law.

lawsuits from what though? why is mass diffrent than anywhere else?

another question, would I be able to carry my high cap LEO mags while off duty?

Drew, read up on what happens here. AG threats, etc. YES, MA is DIFFERENT [rolleyes] than almost everywhere else.

If you are entitled to own LE mags, then you may carry them any time and place you'd like.

Just understand that some Aux. PDs are "unarmed" and forbid their officers from carrying firearms. If that is true where you are applying, NONE of what I've stated in this thread will apply to you.

thanks for all your helpful advise LenS (and fun yun, warnner.)

this PD isnt one of those unarmed aux departments. Says right in the application it says The main reason one must be 21 to apply here is to comply with the mass firearms laws.

Now that sure is a sweet deal. Can a G34 or G35 be purchased under the same discount program?

-Cuz.

Yes, there are 2 or 3 price levels depending on caliber, sights. I posted the entire Glock LE price list here a few years ago. Can't point you to it, but a search might find it.

I just want to throw out there, I got my g19 3 mags for 400.00 at gun and sport north in Lawrence. the are pretty much less than everyone I have been to yet. and there ammo is a few buck less also.

Back
Top Bottom