• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock 49 10mm 8 round gun for SHOT Show 2020

Reptile

NES Member
Glock 49 10mm?
There was also a post that surfaced on the Dong's Guns Instagram page (you can find the post linked here)

3/6

Sadly we don't have any information other than the tip we received and the post on Dong's Guns. From what I can tell the photo was taken from the Lipsey's website but I was unable to locate the listing through the customer-facing side of the website. It may only be visible to dealers.

[cheers]

reading too far into this
would be shocked if glock is doing more in 10mm chambering right now

They
How does this compare to the 29? Is it slightly smaller and thinner? Trying to understand the point. The 29 is already pretty compact for a 10.

Just my 2 cent guess, but 8 rounds would imply single stack compact, so this could end up being closer to G48 specs in size. 1.1" at the grip instead of the 1.38" of the double stacks. Doesn't look like much on paper, but does actually make a difference when you strap it up against you and for those who feel the double stacks are blocky.

reading too far into this
would be shocked if glock is doing more in 10mm chambering right now
They're desperate for civilian sales and right now 10mm is hot with civvies because it's like lost knowledge.

"Legend tells a tale of a caliber that once existed that had capacities higher than that of a .45, yet more power than a .45. It was once the caliber that dominated law enforcement in the late 80s, a time of great unrest due to the introduction of the Colombian Snow to lands of the United States. The caliber disappeared as soon as it arrived and it has never been heard, nor seen from since, yet there are rumors of a rumbling in the distant lands of Austria that the caliber is awakening from a long slumber. Such tales have yet to be confirmed."

Being serious now, if there is any gun that will spike interest in 10mm and get it into being top 5 in popularity, it's a polymer pistol along the lines of the Sig P365.

They're desperate for civilian sales and right now 10mm is hot with civvies because it's like lost knowledge.

"Legend tells a tale of a caliber that once existed that had capacities higher than that of a .45, yet more power than a .45. It was once the caliber that dominated law enforcement in the late 80s, a time of great unrest due to the introduction of the Colombian Snow to lands of the United States. The caliber disappeared as soon as it arrived and it has never been heard, nor seen from since, yet there are rumors of a rumbling in the distant lands of Austria that the caliber is awakening from a long slumber. Such tales have yet to be confirmed."

Being serious now, if there is any gun that will spike interest in 10mm and get it into being top 5 in popularity, it's a polymer pistol along the lines of the Sig P365.

50AE? LOL

The flatter the grip, the more the recoil is going to hurt. A doublestack 10mm has a wider grip and the force of the recoil is spread out more in the palm than if it was a thinner single stack.

Unless you have medium-large hands and a thinner grip not only carries easier but fits and fills your hand just fine? I’ve not shot or handled a single stack, so I’m just playing devils advocate here.
Edit- I get what you’re saying though.

Back
Top Bottom