Glock announces G44 in .22LR

Really looking forward to renting one as I'm currently shopping for a host for my Sparrow. I am heavily invested in Advantage Arms stuff for my Glocks and I enjoy them a lot having ran 1000's of rounds through them without a problem. But adding a suppressor and/ or sub sonic ammo or even standard velocity stuff to the AA kit is not quite as fun as I thought it would be. But they do warn against that in the owners manual.

I doubt very much glock released a threaded barrel for their 22lr pistol for the cool factor. .22 pistols exist for 2 reasons, new/young shooters, and shooting suppressed.

What? Cool sells a lot of guns. It's why I bought like four HKs. And it's why I have only 1 left, lol.

I’m sure Glock will come up with something for a red dot, and hopefully it’s consistent with their MOS offerings (only because I have their plates). Browning, Ruger, and others seem to have RDS mounting options built in for ther .22s, so I’m guessing Glock wont want to be on the outside looking in.

Given how cheap 9mm is right now, I picked up a couple cases and also reload them, so I still don’t know if this is something I’d pick up. I guess for the right price, maybe.

It's not like slide weight is the only variable. Loosen up that recoil spring and it might tolerate the red dot's weight. If it'll cycle with subsonic and RDS I'll buy two.

If you put a suppressor on the G44, it would upset the balance and take away the ability to draw from a holster.

I want a G44 so I can shoot similarly to a G19 and save money on ammo.

I still want a threaded barrel for cool factor.

I'd like a suppressor on a rifle, too.

Glock has this all figured out...

In the past the practically gave guns to the police at cost.

In doing so, everyone got excited and wanted those guns. Glock sold tons of guns to civilians as a result.

Glock is doing a similar thing now...

Make a great gun for people to learn on and sell it cheap.

New shooters will get hooked and become loyal to Glock.

Then those new shooters will branch out into bigger calibers.

Lots of people are loyal to things they learn on.

Glock is creating a whole new generation or loyal followers.

Bowers Bitty slides right into the holster. You could also grab a Q Erector and run two or three baffles.

No plans to get one as I've been shooting a Taurus TX22 lately and it's awesome. I have never been a Taurus guy but they killed it with the TX22 - really great trigger, 16 round capacity, and a threaded barrel adapter comes with it. Eats absolutely everything I put through it and so far it's been insanely reliable.

It's not like slide weight is the only variable. Loosen up that recoil spring and it might tolerate the red dot's weight. If it'll cycle with subsonic and RDS I'll buy two.
just asking for a friend here... You DO know that .22lr is subsonic out of that barrel length to begin with, right?

I doubt very much glock released a threaded barrel for their 22lr pistol for the cool factor. .22 pistols exist for 2 reasons, new/young shooters, and shooting suppressed.
Tell that to the 3 dozen members of the bullseye rimfire league at my club. The average age is about 50.....and they've been competing for decades.

Since Glock can't hold it's shit down anymore I'll do it for them by continuing to take classes using my 17L like a true American Hero.

Jesus Christ Glock. .22 Glock? ...ok thanks. No need for the hype machine though god

just asking for a friend here... You DO know that .22lr is subsonic out of that barrel length to begin with, right?

CCI stinger and Velocitor have the potential to break 1,100 FPS even out of a 4" barrel, so the round type does matter. But do you have a point about typical off the shelf .22lr velocities out of a pistol.

Yeah, this Glock 44 is "Legendary" all right.

"Most reliable .22lr ever. Neva been done befo'"
[rofl]

In all seriousness, I probably will pick one up in a year or so once they get more kinks worked out. But this if for all the fanboys trying to justify the "legendary" marketing:

*These are two different G44s
g44_2.png
g44_1.png

Fondled one the other day, same ergos as g19. Street price was 399

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom