• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock Armorer's Course 07/26/2018 in Webster, MA

Brewer

NES Life Member
NES Member
I've thought about taking the Glock Armorer's Course for a few years. This week I finished reading "Glock: The Rise of America's Gun" and all the backstory on design/development made me think of it again. Turns out there's one in 8 weeks. GLOCK Training

To anyone who's taken it, what did they cover? Was it worth your time or could online videos replace it?

I was told you have to be in one of the categories listed on the sign up for. Luckily, I qualify.

Luckily they list "Other" for the rest of the population.

PS: I've never owned or wanted to own a Glock nor have I tried to take the armorers course just pointing out something obvious after viewing the URL.

Last I checked (a few years ago) those without an LEO or maybe shop affiliation had to join the GSSF to qualify.

I was told you have to be in one of the categories listed on the sign up for. Luckily, I qualify.
Last I checked (a few years ago) those without an LEO or maybe shop affiliation had to join the GSSF to qualify.

Still the case. GSSF membership under "Other" opens the course for all. It's another $30 or so.

I have done it a couple of times. It's a blast, and if you are a Glock shooter, it'll give you a ton of great information and skills. IT does depend greatly on which instructor you get. Some are OK, some are stellar. My first go around I got the guy that teaches all the other teachers.

You'l have fun and walk away with some cool swag and tools. Bring cash, as they usually have shirts and hats for sale that are not normally found. Oh, Glock springs for lunch. They always have an outstanding lunch and snacks catered.
Bring a notebook.

So technically, if you're not a LEO or a "security guard", you are a second class citizen. They like taking my money when I buy a Glock but I am not 'qualified' to take their class. Well, f*** them.

Damn, I wish I saw this sooner, does retired Military qualify? Called Glock and they said as long as the course doesn't say LEO only I'm good. I went thru the current schedule and I didn't see any scheduled in Ma., closest is at Tactical Arms in Torrington, CT. 10/30 2018. I called them and they confirmed so I think I'll sign up for that one.
GLOCK Training

Last edited:
So technically, if you're not a LEO or a "security guard", you are a second class citizen. They like taking my money when I buy a Glock but I am not 'qualified' to take their class. Well, f*** them.
I don’t think requiring civilians to also pay for GSSF memberships seems like a second-class distinction so much as one more way to get a buck.

I don’t think requiring civilians to also pay for GSSF memberships seems like a second-class distinction so much as one more way to get a buck.

How about "I am just a citizen who owns a Glock, I am not a LEO or a member of any of Glock's teams, and I just want to pay $250 for the Glock armorer class"....what's wrong with that? What exactly qualifies a LEO to be eligible for a Glock class and someone who is not a LEO and/or GSSF member not?

How about "I am just a citizen who owns a Glock, I am not a LEO or a member of any of Glock's teams, and I just want to pay $250 for the Glock armorer class"....what's wrong with that? What exactly qualifies a LEO to be eligible for a Glock class and someone who is not a LEO and/or GSSF member not?
Call Glock and ask, I just did. 770-432-1202

What did they say?
I asked if retired Military qualified and the woman stated at long as the class doesn't say LEO only I'm good. I called Tactical Arms in Torrington, CT and they confirmed the class on 10/30/2018 and told me to sign up thru Glock. GF lives in Westfield,Ma., 1hr away from Tactical arms.
Tactical Arms & Indoor Shooting Range

I asked if retired Military qualified and the woman stated at long as the class doesn't say LEO only I'm good. I called Tactical Arms in Torrington, CT and they confirmed the class on 10/30/2018 and told me to sign up thru Glock. GF lives in Westfield,Ma., 1hr away from Tactical arms.
Tactical Arms & Indoor Shooting Range

They didn't say you had to be in the GSSF? I thought that was a pre-req if you weren't LEO. I plan on taking it as well

I hope you don't own any Smith and Wesson products too..... Just sayin.........

They didn't say you had to be in the GSSF? I thought that was a pre-req if you weren't LEO. I plan on taking it as well
I didn't ask that because one of the categories was "military" and I wanted to know if retired Military qualified since I have a retired ID.

I'm trying to fill out the application but it won't let me proceed unless I fill out employers name, address, etc. Anyone encounter this before?

I took the armorers course and found it fairly basic, but still worth my time. If you're into Glock gear they have a few items at the course that are only sold to armorers. I chose not to renew when I was told that as a certified Glock armorer, if I did any gunsmith work I could only install Glock O.E.M. parts, no after market parts.
I have no idea how or if they enforce it, but thought it wasn't worth dealing with.

Q for those who took the class. If you are a long time Glock owner who's completely torn down multiple models and messed with triggers/springs/connectors/sights are you *mostly* an armorer ?

How much more is in the class ?

You are not needed or wanted in that group. No need to cry about it now.

Thanks

I'm trying to fill out the application but it won't let me proceed unless I fill out employers name, address, etc. Anyone encounter this before?
You can just list yourself if not representing a department. Also can click a box just below the "employer address" fields that deactivates it in favor of the home address fields.

Right, why am I not wanted?!
It's not that you're not wanted, it's just a business practicing supply and demand. Lots of civilians want to take the class and so they just have an excuse to get $30 more out of you. If civilian attendance dropped to zero I bet they'd take that GSSF membership requirement away.

I must be the only one that thinks a Glock is the simplest pistol in the world to strip down to it's smallest part.
A Glock armorers course is a punch and a small hammer and a ten minute Youtube video in my mind.

Sure you get to have a factory trained person show you how to strip it and a cool paper to frame on your man cave.
But I bet I could do it blind folded if I had to.

Glocks are the easiest pistols I've ever stripped down to all the parts.

So a course like this would be only be for the jollies of saying I was a certified Glock armorer..

I took it back in 2010 for a corrections department. I was way ahead of those who had never touched one (we had a few Air Force people next to me), just from using the ".25 glock trigger job" by "Mr. Poyz". Armorer disassembly wasn't much more than that, except for taking out the magazine catch and reversing it. They explained how to change sights, but didn't do it in class. I never did anymore for work on them other than cleaning them, anyway. The course was supposed to be good for ordering parts, but since I was with an agency, I couldn't just order/have shipped to the work address, what I wanted anyway. (think "maritime spring cups"). I worked for another agency in New England later, and thought about re-certifying. I wasn't an armorer for them, so I would have to pay the $250 myself (original cost, I was told, used to be $125, which I would have coughed up). Once was enough. For all of the times that I have switched out standard sights for night sights, I should have bought the sight pusher tool (that price tripled, too), but in AZ the shops did it for free if you bought them there. In N.E., they still charge another $50-60.

Back
Top Bottom