• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock channel liners locally (So. NH / Merrimack Valley)

Went to install a channel liner on a slide I purchased and it turns out it came with one already installed. The room was a little dark, so I didn't see it in there.
Long story short, the one I went to install is ruined and the one that was pre-installed is a bit deformed and although the firing pin will protrude, the spring binds a bit when I remove the assembly.

Anyone know a place in the Merrimack Valley/Southern NH area that might have them so I don't have to wait for one in the mail?
Maybe Northeast Arms in Peabody even though it's a bit of a drive?

Had to look it up as ive never heard of a channel liner. Its a firing pin sleeve ?

Hardware stores sell tubing that might work.

Had to look it up as ive never heard of a channel liner. Its a firing pin sleeve ?

Hardware stores sell tubing that might work.
Basically, yeah. It goes in the tube in the slide so that the firing pin assembly, particularly the spring, doesn't bind/have friction/get damaged via metal to metal contact.

Primary Arms had a six pack of them for $3, I just went ahead and ordered it. I'll keep working on the build in other areas in the interim.

Went to install a channel liner on a slide I purchased and it turns out it came with one already installed. The room was a little dark, so I didn't see it in there.
Long story short, the one I went to install is ruined and the one that was pre-installed is a bit deformed and although the firing pin will protrude, the spring binds a bit when I remove the assembly.

Anyone know a place in the Merrimack Valley/Southern NH area that might have them so I don't have to wait for one in the mail?
Maybe Northeast Arms in Peabody even though it's a bit of a drive?

I am in SW NH I also have the tool to install and remove

Attachments

• Glock Channel Liner Pic.jpg
    Glock Channel Liner Pic.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 8
I almost did the same thing with a Zev slide. Thought it didn't come with one. Order one. and after I had trouble putting it in.. Quickly found out something wasn't right.

Back
Top Bottom