• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock Factory Refinishing - MA limitations

spt_1955

NES Member
Add this to your list of MA restrictions.

I just got off the phone with Glock Customer Service. I recently purchased a Glock 21 Gen2 built in 1992. I would like to have the gun refinished by Glock.

They will refinish the slide for $45 or the slide and Barrel for $60. When I asked about the frame they told me that they could replace the frame for $100 with a Gen3 frame. Unfortunately they then asked me what state I was sending the firearm from and when I told them MA they told me that they were not allowed to upgrade the frame in MA unless it was damaged to the point that it impacted functionality. When I told that the frame was so worn that the stipling was gone from one side they apologized and told me that they could not do anything as that was only cosmetic.

THey did of course tell me that they would inspect the frame and replace all internal components but they could not upgrade it for a MA resident.

Has anybody in MA had their frame replaced and what constituted "damaged". If I put it in a vise and accidentally split the grip would that be damaged enough?

You could try. Report back when you get an answer from Glock. No way are they going to send to Mass a Gen 3 or 4 frame.

They have sent "Non-compliant" frames to mass before when the frame was damaged. There is a thread or two about it on here somewhere. That said, trying to damage your frame on purpose to get a new one sounds like it could go wrong very easily.

MY slide lock spring in my Gen 2 G26 broke off while at the range in the frame slot not due to lack of maintenance, they upgraded it to a gen 3 frame no issues. I sent in the whole firearm and asked for a whole new firearm back but no dice and I also asked for a gen 4 and got the "SORRY" bs explantation.

Back
Top Bottom