Glock full auto parts from China

Lol, good luck to them on that. Thousands of those things have been floating around for years as "airsoft parts" etc. Not sure what all the fuss is about, particularly considering a lot of them won't even work when you install them in the gun, at least not without hacking the gun up. (some videos on youtube of these).

-Mike

There’s gotta be 100’s of thousands of those. Simple “mechanical switch”.

The airsoft full auto glock backplate shares the same dimensions as its PMITA prisontime counterpart. You need to cut a little for the link to hit the disconnector without rubbing anything. They've been selling these things on alibaba forever. I always thought the alibaba ads were like the old mg ads in the gun magazines, obv fed honeypot.

I see that along with other “questionable” stuff on wish all the time. I usually screen shot it, and send it to my brother who works for an ammunition manufacturer for a laugh.

I would venture to guess that this will prove helpful to those here who made a “wish” in the past.

So what's the big deal? The 07/SOT converts the Glocks and registers them with NFA branch on form 2s as post samples. Jack.
I’m pretty sure Humperdinck’s got the answer:

“Brad Engelbert, an ATF spokesman, described the nationwide recovery effort as a "high priority" for the agency, focused on those devices in the possession of "people who may be a danger to the community."

Now I wouldn’t rule them out from going after the law abiding citizen but it seems they are most concerned with PP’s.

“Brad Engelbert, an ATF spokesman, described the nationwide recovery effort as a "high priority" for the agency, focused on those devices in the possession of "people who may be a danger to the community."

Now I wouldn’t rule them out from going after the law abiding citizen but it seems they are most concerned with PP’s.
Your average PP won't have the ambition or knowledge to convert Glocks to full auto. Why would they bother to try? Jack.

Your average PP won't have the ambition or knowledge to convert Glocks to full auto. Why would they bother to try? Jack.
If you are not concerned about select fire, a simple replacement of the backplate with one having a probiscis to push down on the cruciform sear plate when the slide is fully closed will make a "full auto only" Glock that is externally indistinguishable from factory (if the backplate is nicely done). The term commonly used for these is "Buzz Plates", and I know that Glock staff has trained police on how to recognize them.

The design of the Glock is such that full auto conversions are easy if one has access to a machine shop and basic knowledge of how to use it. Plug some gcode into a CNC machine and you can churn these out on an automated basis. Set up for MIM or cast and your volume goes up some more. The Chinese saw a market and moved to meet the demand.

One thing that scares the feds is that these are relatively easy to make; can be installed or removed in less than a minute leaving no trace they were ever on a gun (nothing like drilling the extra hole for an AR15 autosear); and are small enough to be easily disposed of or hidden.

People ordering these are idiots who are PSGs. Even if they used a mail drop and a green dot card for the order, this is the kind of thing an ATF agent will dig into, get videos, trace IP addresses, etc. Nailing someone for a "full auto" NFA violation is the kind of thing that is called a good career move.

Last edited:

Not sure if serious, they don't think anyone who has one is a law abiding citizen and they don't care much. As a matter of fact the ones most likely to cause problems like people who only break paper laws, because it means they're not going to get shot at in the process. It doesn't matter, either, that most of these will never get used in a crime or make any real difference
in a crime.

If the feds were more reasonable they'd just go after the importer(s) and then issue a notice that "people should be aware these devices are illegal blah blah blah" and let that be the end of
it. But instead, right now there's some agent who likely has a boner because he's trying to track down some guy who bought 5 of them at once.

-Mike

There's at least one Oakland sideshow video floating around out there where some thug lyfe type has one of these things installed on his glock, because he lets a few bursts rip into the air while the
cars are spinning around, etc. It's not rocket science with the little connector to figure out what you have to cut out etc to make it work.

-Mike

Not sure if serious, they don't think anyone who has one is a law abiding citizen and they don't care much. As a matter of fact the ones most likely to cause problems like people who only break paper laws, because it means they're not going to get shot at in the process. It doesn't matter, either, that most of these will never get used in a crime or make any real difference
in a crime.

If the feds were more reasonable they'd just go after the importer(s) and then issue a notice that "people should be aware these devices are illegal blah blah blah" and let that be the end of
it. But instead, right now there's some agent who likely has a boner because he's trying to track down some guy who bought 5 of them at once.

-Mike
Yeah I’m serious. Like I said I won’t rule it out that they would go after a guy like you or me but they most likely will go after the multi-buyer, pp, thug, felon, basement manufacturer. Maybe I should say npc-schmoe instead of law abiding citizen since if they grabbed one they would no longer be law abiding but a defendant. Still, the chances of them using just electronic transactions with no physical evidence to prosecute would be null and void. No gun and no victim, no crime.

Yeah I’m serious. Like I said I won’t rule it out that they would go after a guy like you or me but they most likely will go after the multi-buyer, pp, thug, felon, basement manufacturer. Maybe I should say npc-schmoe instead of law abiding citizen since if they grabbed one they would no longer be law abiding but a defendant. Still, the chances of them using just electronic transactions with no physical evidence to prosecute would be null and void. No gun and no victim, no crime.

Look up Abramski, David Olofson, Michael Lara... the last of which was a police officer. The ATF whacks boring people without prior criminal records in the course of their "business", it would not surprise me in the least if they hit some boring white guy whose only crime is being clueless about the law, and unless that guy sends someone down the river, they'll put him away for 1-3 yrs...

-Mike

Look up Abramski, David Olofson, Michael Lara... the last of which was a police officer. The ATF whacks boring people without prior criminal records in the course of their "business", it would not surprise me in the least if they hit some boring white guy whose only crime is being clueless about the law, and unless that guy sends someone down the river, they'll put him away for 1-3 yrs...

-Mike
Checked em out. Couldn’t find anything on Lara but I didn’t search NES. All military Leo folks though. Abramski and Olofson made big mistakes to involve others, ie. family members and friends. First the ffl family member and then the friend at the range. That being said I agree that it’s best to not run afoul by having illegal things in plain sight and during broad day. There are many tokens to be made by .gov for the brazen altar of gunzzz violence.

This guy didn't get the memo that the video he uploaded could probably be a reason for a knock on his door from men with blue jackets and yellow print on their back:

But this kid got his to work:

So mere possession of full auto conversion parts, without having the rest parts of a gun is a crime?

So mere possession of full auto conversion parts, without having the rest parts of a gun is a crime?
Absolutely

Q: What is a conversion kit?;
A conversion kit is any part or combination of parts designed and intended for use in converting a weapon into a machine gun. A conversion kit is a machine gun for purposes of the NFA.
[26 U.S.C. 5845, 27 CFR 479.11]

Last edited:
One of the definitions of machine gun from the NFA: "Any part designed and intended solely and exclusively or combination of parts designed and intended for use in converting a weapon into a machinegun"

So yes, the conversion part alone is a machine gun according to the law.

Back
Top Bottom