Glock...licensing fee??

Right because doesn't the p99 have that stupid red paint on the extractor which is supposed to be your lci which is what glocks supposedly do

Glock does use the extractor to let the user know that there is a round in the chamber, but it is not colored red (not sure if you implied that). In any event, the protruding Glock extractor that can be felt by the trigger finger indicates that a round is chambered is much safer than a hole that lets the user look in to see if a round is chambered. The Glock LCI can also be used in the dark, whereas looking into a hole is useless in the dark with other firearms.

Plus light trigger pull . . .

No, that's not it at all, actually. There are several striker fired compliant handguns you can buy in MA, right now, that have 5-7lb triggers.

The AG's bullshit is "abitrary and capricious". The AGs office bullshit is basically keyed off demonizing anything that is popular and striker fired. Which means Glocks, and M&Ps... think about it.... their striker fired guns usually have ****ed up gay shit triggers in them, everyone else's striker fired guns, don't. There's a reason for this.

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

Glock does use the extractor to let the user know that there is a round in the chamber, but it is not colored red (not sure if you implied that). In any event, the protruding Glock extractor that can be felt by the trigger finger indicates that a round is chambered is much safer than a hole that lets the user look in to see if a round is chambered. The Glock LCI can also be used in the dark, whereas looking into a hole is useless in the dark with other firearms.

Also note there are guns that are somehow CMR940 compliant whose only LCI is some paint being exposed either on an extractor or beneath an extractor, and in both cases that paint can be accidentally removed with gun solvent. Those are OK but the tactile LCI on a Glock is verboten... Cuz its a glock.

-Mike

But Glocks are ON the EOPS list.

Yes, but they are not on the elusive, impossible to find or get AG approved list that doesn't exist so dealers clearly should get a 5k per gun non criminal fine for violating that non existent list that lives in the same realm as fu fu dust and unicorns.

There are striker Guns out there with great triggers and no lci, or manual safety that are sold every day here. There are 1911s that function all the same way but you Kimber or Colt is a no no for dealers. GMAFB. Arbitrary and stupid is the name of the game here.

Last edited:
Scuttlebutt has it that some dealers at the West Springfield show got a stern lecture from the MSP for having Gen 4 Glocks out for sale. No arrests or prosecutions, as they apparently didn't have time to do an undercover buy.

There's no arrests or prosecutions because it's not actually against the LAW. It is a violation of a regulation, that the AG can take them to civil court over.

-Mike

There's no arrests or prosecutions because it's not actually against the LAW. It is a violation of a regulation, that the AG can take them to civil court over.

-Mike

But that doesn't mean that some trooper might not throw his weight around and threaten arrest to make them hide the guns.

I believe the AG argues it doesn't have a loaded chamber indicator, a feature which is not defined but they know it when they see it.
That's hogwash. There's a loaded chamber indicator, it's just kind of hard to see, but if you look down the barrel in a well lit area, it's there.

I'm still amazed the AG can get away with this. I know comm2a is trying but it's just a blatant slap in our faces

As well as jam up the purchaser if they are having a bad day

What are they going to arrest them on? It'd have to be disorderly conduct or some other made up charge.

Len is right though, they can still armflap and make noise, and be annoying, etc.

-Mike

I'm still amazed the AG can get away with this. I know comm2a is trying but it's just a blatant slap in our faces

Well if we could vote in an AG that wouldn't take part in this nonesense then Comm2a wouldn't even have to sue them, its just that simple. Has noone ever thought of this before? [/sarcasm]

What are they going to arrest them on? It'd have to be disorderly conduct or some other made up charge.

Len is right though, they can still armflap and make noise, and be annoying, etc.

-Mike

Do they really need something to arrest him on? Isn't ignorance of the actual law enough and then cause $ spent to get out of it? We have seen it before (not for this issue but others)

Do they really need something to arrest him on? Isn't ignorance of the actual law enough and then cause $ spent to get out of it? We have seen it before (not for this issue but others)

If they arrested a purchaser there is no law against purchase of any Glock, Gen4 or otherwise. So how can they claim ignorance of a law that does not exist. That's called false arrest.

Of course they can make up a disorderly to cover that once they find out that they themselves are ignorant of the law. Happens I'm sure

Last edited:
Basically you should never buy or sell anything because the cops can jam you up for, like, no reason.

-Mike

they can arrest you, and make you fight it. i guess that could be considered annoying.....

Total BS. Has LCI and Glock name is scary and if I could figure out how to multi-quote already said. Went into a shop today and asked about a 30S and got the "are you LE?"

Last edited:
Glock wants nothing to do with Mass. They got ****ed over royalty back in 2004 when they submitted multiple models for testing and destruction only for the AG's office to change its mind and pull every gun from the shelf after roughly 5 weeks of sales. That and all the threats over the years.
Glock sees MA on the caller ID and the call either goes unanswered or gets forwarded directly to their attorneys office.

I've never understood the point of the LCI. Basic safety dictates that you treat every gun as if it's loaded.

It would almost seem as if the liberal twats that run this state do this purposely to encourage people to break basic safety rules and common sense so that when an accident happens they can say, "see guns are BAD!".

they can arrest you, and make you fight it. i guess that could be considered annoying.....

Arrest you and charge you with what? Disorderly conduct? They'd have to make something up, lmao.

Glock wants nothing to do with Mass. They got ****ed over royalty back in 2004 when they submitted multiple models for testing and destruction only for the AG's office to change its mind and pull every gun from the shelf after roughly 5 weeks of sales. That and all the threats over the years.
Glock sees MA on the caller ID and the call either goes unanswered or gets forwarded directly to their attorneys office.

Glock always tested their guns and still does to put them on the roster. Their beef is with the AG/cmr940, not the other BS. There is no test with CMR940 although I have no doubt they notified the AG of their intention to sell to consumers... course the AG sat on that for 3 months before doing anything... [rolleyes]

Glock always tested their guns and still does to put them on the roster. Their beef is with the AG/cmr940, not the other BS. There is no test with CMR940 although I have no doubt they notified the AG of their intention to sell to consumers... course the AG sat on that for 3 months before doing anything... [rolleyes]

It's totally ridiculous..
I think Mass & maybe a few other states were responsible for Glock to engineer the little nub on the extractor that slightly protrudes with a loaded chamber in the first place.

Also to further prove their incompetence.. Getting back to what I mentioned happened in May of 04.
They were tested right? Approved for sale in Mass.
They had to have a "whatever" lb.trigger pull. Glock installed a NY Trigger? Which consisted of a bright orange plastic springy thing that rests in the frame. It just lifted right out.. Instant stock Glock. You have to field strip it right? Who wouldn't just leave it out?
The loaded round indicator was approved? Ooouup nope "We've decided its inadequate" "not obvious enough".
As soon as some of their cronies I'd imagine made them privy of these things. They proceeded to panic. Forced all the dealers to cease sales. Disclose all the purchasers info. Then send them a personal letter explaining how the Glock models sold between such and such "weren't compliant".
Mind you these were legally purchased in Mass.. It even said "Massachusetts compliant Glock" with the sticker on the Tupperware!

Yeah they're really looking out for our best consumer interests. [rolleyes]

Arrest you and charge you with what? Disorderly conduct? They'd have to make something up, lmao.

Don't think for a minute that this couldn't (and hasn't) happened.

It's totally ridiculous..
I think Mass & maybe a few other states were responsible for Glock to engineer the little nub on the extractor that slightly protrudes with a loaded chamber in the first place.

Also to further prove their incompetence.. Getting back to what I mentioned happened in May of 04.
They were tested right? Approved for sale in Mass.
They had to have a "whatever" lb.trigger pull. Glock installed a NY Trigger? Which consisted of a bright orange plastic springy thing that rests in the frame. It just lifted right out.. Instant stock Glock. You have to field strip it right? Who wouldn't just leave it out?
The loaded round indicator was approved? Ooouup nope "We've decided its inadequate" "not obvious enough".
As soon as some of their cronies I'd imagine made them privy of these things. They proceeded to panic. Forced all the dealers to cease sales. Disclose all the purchasers info. Then send them a personal letter explaining how the Glock models sold between such and such "weren't compliant".
Mind you these were legally purchased in Mass.. It even said "Massachusetts compliant Glock" with the sticker on the Tupperware!

Yeah they're really looking out for our best consumer interests. [rolleyes]

Sorry but you have no idea what you are talking about.

Sorry but you have no idea what you are talking about.

That's the way I saw it.

ETA: I bet your going to say they weren't actually approved right? Well shit they sold everywhere for like 6 weeks.

Last edited:

If it has, I haven't heard about it. There's limits to what even obnoxious LEOs can do, I suppose a crappy LEO would try to charge them (the dealer) under the criminal law portion, which doesn't apply, and then once a DA/ADA gets wind of it, it suddenly gets dropped.

ETA: I mean, given the BS that happened that lead to Simkin, and the attorney in Springfield getting "detained" for OCing, yeah, you're right, anything can happen...

-Mike

let's not discount the importance of a LCI. (sarcasm) my SR9C came with one, but it mysteriously wore down after repeated use. doesn't work anymore.

Back
Top Bottom