• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock mag disassembly tool

Anyone use this one? Or Fixxxer brand? Or have a recommendation?
51opCUCC9ZL._SX466_.jpg

I have used a pick, that mini plastic tool that comes with Glocks and whatever I find in the house that will fit in that hole. That being said, I like the idea of that tool and would grab one if it was short money.

Anyone use this one? Or Fixxxer brand? Or have a recommendation?
51opCUCC9ZL._SX466_.jpg

I have that, and it works really, really, really well.
It takes a pain in the ass job and makes it simple.
And it's CHEAP. I bought it, a punch and the front sight tool for something like $25 off of Amazon as a set.

Would that tool that’s strictly a lever cause damage to the retention tabs on the side? Always assumed it would wear the corners until they fail, so I just use a c-clamp with felt furniture pads on the contacts to gently compress the mag sides until the tabs disengage, then a punch to lever back.

I have this one. It is a pain to use on 10-round magazines. Maybe it works better on standard cap mags, but I haven’t tried it on those.

i use these and they seem to work great so long as u really pinch the crap out of them to squeeze in the mag. definitely worth acquiring as they will help prevent damage to the mag during baseplate removal. make sure the little nubs are on the bottom adjacent the baseplate.

I spend my days pushing a mouse around, so I have weak girly hands. As a result, it is hard for me to exert enough force with these. If you have strong hands it may work better for you than for me.

Would that tool that’s strictly a lever cause damage to the retention tabs on the side? Always assumed it would wear the corners until they fail, so I just use a c-clamp with felt furniture pads on the contacts to gently compress the mag sides until the tabs disengage, then a punch to lever back.

Not in my experience.

Maybe my glock mags are all weak in the springs, but I seem to get by with Bic pens or even a house key. I didn't realize it was even something that requires a specific tool. However, I could see the advantage to a tool if you're anal about polymer scratches.

Back
Top Bottom