• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock magazines in MA

This is a pretty good depiction of the type of person that, later in life.... grows up to think buying a $200 square notch is a good idea... [rofl]

View: https://youtu.be/SXZjkW3TqTk?t=64

Where do you find this shit?
That whole family's dysfunctional.

Edited - Oh wow. I just watched a couple minutes of related videos - that kid's autistic, or certainly "on the spectrum".

Where do you find this shit?
That whole family's dysfunctional.

Edited - Oh wow. I just watched a couple minutes of related videos - that kid's autistic, or certainly "on the spectrum".

It actually was all an elaborate prank, that at first was actually sort of believable but then went off the rails. [rofl]

Not $200. unless they are the 30+ rd mags that were made for the G18.

Myself, and many others sold pristine G17 U-channel mags for $70 each. The elusive square backs do go for more money but in the $90-110 range.

You haven’t been in the market recently, have you? G17/G19 square notch mags are routinely selling for $175-$200.

You haven’t been in the market recently, have you? G17/G19 square notch mags are routinely selling for $175-$200.
Correct. I'm in NH now most of the time, so no need for any pre-ban mags. I sold them off to folks in MA as well as 3 handguns. I have more to get rid of, but getting too lazy to post them.

I'm not a Glock fanboi either as they don't fit my hand very well. We kept the G17 and G22 but strictly to use for training others.

personally I prefer 10-round magazines for target shooting over high-capacity.I find it easier to load 10 10 round magazines then it is trying to stuff 17 or 33 rounds into a magazine and break my thumb in the process
This makes absolutely no sense.... a non neutered mag is nearly always easier to load to 10 than a native 10 is.... so if you're not legally constrained, why would you intentionally pick cripplemags? It's worth noting that in free america tens and regular mags are exactly the same price.... at least at new retail....

but Len what if you want to carry a Glock into MA? You need those Pre Ban's to keep Maura happy
He probably has plenty of other guns that already fit the bill that hold 10 Rounds or less or saved a few cripples for those guns..... not to mention many of the best carry guns these days don't have prebans that work for them anyways...

This makes absolutely no sense.... a non neutered mag is nearly always easier to load to 10 than a native 10 is.... so if you're not legally constrained, why would you intentionally pick cripplemags? It's worth noting that in free america tens and regular mags are exactly the same price.... at least at new retail....

I didn't pick them, a DOZEN came with the gun when I got it from a NES'r .

$400 bucks for a Gen2 G22, KKM barrel, target sights, and 12 cripple mags in 2008... it has always been a range gun for teaching.

Maybe it is just me, but by the time I get to round 17, my fingers hurt, 10 does not seem bad even crippled

Are the Magpul 10 rounders as good as the "real" Glock brand name ones?

I have five of them that have fairly high millage (including 3 classes). No issues. I have a pretty big stash of pre-bans, but with the current prices I don’t want to be beating on them, dropping them on the ground etc. F’ning state is so lame

but Len what if you want to carry a Glock into MA? You need those Pre Ban's to keep Maura happy
See my post. I don't and won't cary a Glock.

Once we do the final move and sell the MA house, I don't expect to be in MA very often, but my CCW has 10 rd mags, at least for now. I'm hoping that they will eventually fix LEOSA to include mags and end the horror show many retirees face with varying restrictions in numerous states.

He probably has plenty of other guns that already fit the bill that hold 10 Rounds or less or saved a few cripples for those guns..... not to mention many of the best carry guns these days don't have prebans that work for them anyways...
Actually wrt handguns I don't have any pre-bans for guns that I would consider for CCW. I do have some newer handguns with Free America mags however.

Fix LEOSA? At the rate things are going you'll be lucky not to have it repealed, let alone expanded/corrected !

Fix LEOSA? At the rate things are going you'll be lucky not to have it repealed, let alone expanded/corrected !
Sadly you are correct.

LEOSA was first proposed in 1990 and finally passed in 2004, so patience is a virtue. Of course, I may not live long enough to see that change (or a successful USSC case won wrt mag capacity/AWB).

Ask the USSC what other rights we are not allowed to use in other states? Can I use the 1st? how about the 3rd or 4th?

Back
Top Bottom