Glock parts/build questions

First of all, I hit enter, and the post went "live" before I was done composing it. The way links work, it is a pain to go back and edit, so sorry. Hit refresh every once in a while, as I'm cleaning it up.

Looking to put together a G19 "Gen3" Glock clone.

One consideration is that I might be willing to learn with some used parts, so if you've upgraded, or have other spare parts, I might be interested.

At the moment, looking for a slide, barrel, trigger, magazines, and other parts. Many places have backorders. I can wait.

SLIDE:
I'm looking for someone who "upgraded" to a "designer style" (RMR?) or otherwise has a take-off stock Glock G19 Gen3 slide that is collecting dust. Surely there must be one kicking around, or someone might know another dealer or gunsmith who does those upgrades that has factory/stock slides hanging around. Short of that, I'm looking for a decent slide. The stock Glock is the baseline, and if it has some additional "non-stupid" serrations, that wouldn't be bad. Blemished would also be fine for this experimental purposes build. I'm looking for reliability/safety/accuracy, and cost, not looks.

There are many different slides available, and I don't want to get the wrong part, as I HATE shipping things back. Is this a "compact" slide? Is there a specific part number I should be looking for or trying to match up? If I can't find anything like the above, how about something like one of these?:

BARREL:
You just KNOW people are getting the tutti-frutti rainbow colored designer barrels, not that there's anything wrong with that. That also means there might be plain old black or stainless ones sitting around. Anybody? Otherwise, what about?:

TRIGGER:
Again, a lot of people have bought "aftermarket" triggers for their Glocks. If you have a "stock" Glock trigger you want to part with, please PM me.

I am a bit confused on all the nomenclature, but from some of the articles below, I should maybe consider a 3.5 or 4.5 "bar" or "connector". The thing is, I don't know whether this is a part of any of these kits, or a separate thing, or if it is really even worth it. I am not planning on competing, and don't want something that will let me down when it is most important or even worse, break. I also don't want something unsafe that is on hair-trigger all the time.

MAGAZINE:
Are there different magazines for the 19"C"?

PARTS:

I also saw this, which I guess is not a part of any of the "kits" mentioned, and is the only one of these I've seen so far:

Last edited:
First of all, I hit enter, and the post went "live" before I was done composing it. The way links work, it is a pain to go back and edit, so sorry. Hit refresh every once in a while, as I'm cleaning it up.

Looking to put together a G19 "Gen3" Glock clone.

One consideration is that I might be willing to learn with some used parts, so if you've upgraded, or have other spare parts, I might be interested.

At the moment, looking for a slide, barrel, trigger, magazines, and other parts. Many places have backorders. I can wait.

SLIDE:

Check out Norsso for slides. I just built a G19 and their slides are amazing.

IMG_20200607_180843~2.jpg

In case it was not clear, I am NOT looking to build a designer gun, with pretty or colorful parts. I am looking for reliable, safe, accurate, and inexpensive. This is a path to learn on. I will not compete with this, and will not hunt with it; nor will it be a trophy piece or a thing of beauty. It will be used to learn on, for utilitarian range use, and to keep in the house most likely.

If there are others out there who DID do the fancy schmancy designer gun and have some spare parts kicking around, PM me. If nothing turns up on that end, I am just looking for people to chime in if the items I specified here are junk or OK, or even a good deal to jump on. I tried to separate it into various main parts (barrel, slide, trigger, "parts") to make it easier to comment on just that one area.

I'm still confused on exactly what parts constitute the "trigger group", and are the "stock" ones from Glock, Lone Wolf, and Polymer80 all the same thing. These are allegedly easy things to put together, but I've yet to see one place that lists the parts, or that breaks things down for you. You can get various kits, but then have to get separate replacement parts for what you just bought in that kit? Very confused. I'm pretty capable of putting things together, but can't just wing it from looking at a box of parts.

Check out Norsso for slides. I just built a G19 and their slides are amazing.
Very nice looking gun, but that is not what I'm after here. I'm looking for plain Jane, functional, utilitarian. Reliable, safe, accurate.

Thanks.

So why not just get a plain old Glock then? Or better yet, a P226?
I already have guns. This is a project to learn on, and specifically learn about this whole "Glock thing". It is something I wanted to do for fun. It is starting to turn a little "non-fun" so far, but I really haven't put it on my front burner yet. Work, house, kids, etc. are all ahead of this, so sometimes I have to pull things out and re-review them. Thanks for your patience.

Very nice looking gun, but that is not what I'm after here. I'm looking for plain Jane, functional, utilitarian. Reliable, safe, accurate.

Thanks.

I already have guns. This is a project to learn on, and specifically learn about this whole "Glock thing". It is something I wanted to do for fun. It is starting to turn a little "non-fun" so far, but I really haven't put it on my front burner yet. Work, house, kids, etc. are all ahead of this, so sometimes I have to pull things out and re-review them. Thanks for your patience.

You are over complicating things if it's turning a little frustrating. If building on an 80% to keep fitting simple use only a stock Glock slide. Stock Glock parts AOK for everything else too. Swap connector for a Glock 'minus' connector and done. 3X easier than an AR.

Unfortunately it's a very tough time to find parts. Probably will be until things settle down post election, if things settle down.

Last edited:
whatever you build, keep it by your balls like VODA

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuuPwP5s0FE

Why not just always ride with three friends with ARPistolas That way the drive can just drive.

"Think like an attorney?"

Any attorneys out there recommend me driving with a loaded gun pointed at my balls?
Yeah... That is the guy I want representing me when Maura jacks up charges on me.

May I recommend that you avoid the designer slides with lint/dirt/shit catcher/accumulating windows on slides?

Second....ditch the glock MIM parts and go for reputable machined replacements......there are tons out there

Frame pins, extractors yada yada yada......pitch the Glock factory metal injection molded shite
Agreed on staying away from "designer" stuff.

How does one ID these "MIM" parts? Seems everyone else here says go with real Glock except you?

I'm pretty sure the OP's main objective here is to go as cheap as possible, while maintaining reliability and ease of procurement and assembly.

When I see those requirements. I think, find someone who "upgraded" their stock gun and has an old complete upper sitting around doing nothing. Glock OEM reliability and it doesn't get any simpler to assemble.

Same for the trigger components... maybe get a Ghost connector. Although, if/when I do a build, I'd probably upgrade the trigger with an Apex kit.

Its a subject thats been well thrashed in glock forums

Almost as many opinions as you're average 9 v 45 discussion

Same phenomena exists in the AR community.......there's a fad amongst some where they never NEVER NEVER clean/maintain AR's........its slovenly imho and its a testament to the overall design that more people dont get hurt when bolts/bolt carriers fail etc

Yes, I've seen multiple cases where bolts have broken/failed and tried to come out the side of the upper.....reasons range from slovenly habits to allegedly an accident where wrong powder used in reloads.......

Would you mind elaborating on how running a dirty gun causes the bolt carrier to break or fail?
Not busting balls, genuinely curious about things to look out for.

Never seen sand/dirt/shit wear/pit/damage locking lugs on bolts/corresponding surfaces on barrel/chamber?

Dead give away is that guy thats always hammering on the forward assist.........

Never ceases to amaze me how few AR owners have one of these/use them

Nope, but I'll look out for it. Thank you.

I'm pretty sure the OP's main objective here is to go as cheap as possible, while maintaining reliability and ease of procurement and assembly.

When I see those requirements. I think, find someone who "upgraded" their stock gun and has an old complete upper sitting around doing nothing. Glock OEM reliability and it doesn't get any simpler to assemble.

Same for the trigger components... maybe get a Ghost connector. Although, if/when I do a build, I'd probably upgrade the trigger with an Apex kit.
Pretty much YES all around. Not necessarily cheap, but no need to spend for things I don't need, including "windows", "colors", other things like that. Just want basic quality parts, and if I can help someone offset their cost on those other items by cleaning out their workbench, all the better. The other part of this is confusion in some of the terms. There is a "slide completion kit", "upper completion kit", "lower completion kit", and some overlap of these, or some that vary from one another, so I just don't want to order something I either don't need or miss something I DO need.
Thanks.

Last edited:
If you want to build cheap to learn, why not buy a build kit for $400-500?

I never built one of those and dont know their quality. But it's an idea.

Last edited:
Is this the "minus connector" people are saying to get?
GHOST - MINUS TRIGGER CONNECTOR FOR GLOCK® $ 10.99
p_100018171_3.jpg

If anybody has a stock slide or trigger parts they want to part with, please let me know.

SIGHTS:
Oh, and for sights, was thinking either the
AmeriGlo Classic Set- Green Rear w/ Green Front +0 $74.25

or the
Meprolight Night Sets for 26/27/33 Grn +0/6.5 $84.00

The green/green seems OK to me. Thoughts?

Thanks

Last edited:
You are going to have a hard time finding lpks. Sign up to be notified when in stock on as many sites as you can. Order the second you get a notification. Of course you can pay double on eBay or piece stuff together, but lpks come in stock every week. They just get ordered to quickly for a casual browser to catch them.

Again, why not just pick yourself up an old Glock then and tinker with it. Take it apart and put it back together and learn how a stock one works. Over time, if you want to make a build, you can pick up parts and whatnot.

Saying you want something cheap and reliable and to experience something is like ordering a Toyota bit by bit through the parts counter instead of just buying a used one off some lot.

Inexpensive you won't find. LOL

I think I priced out my Glock builds 2 years ago (go deep, right) at $600 or so. It was a just-b'cuz sort of thing.

That Brownells slide looks better than in the pix. Stock type Glock bbl or a ported one, but then you need a ported or open slide. Good luck lately. LW LPK is very nice.

For the moment, I need to concentrate on a slide, and one other item.

For slide, 2 or 3 choices:

SLIDE:
I'm looking for someone who "upgraded" to a "designer style" (RMR?) or otherwise has a take-off stock Glock G19 Gen3 slide that is collecting dust. Surely there must be one kicking around, or someone might know another dealer or gunsmith who does those upgrades that has factory/stock slides hanging around. Short of that, I'm looking for a decent slide. The stock Glock is the baseline, and if it has some additional "non-stupid" serrations, that wouldn't be bad. Blemished would also be fine for this experimental purposes build. I'm looking for reliability/safety/accuracy, and cost, not looks.

There are many different slides available, and I don't want to get the wrong part, as I HATE shipping things back. Is this a "compact" slide? Is there a specific part number I should be looking for or trying to match up? If I can't find anything like the above, how about something like one of these?:

"3.5 or 4.5 # connector":
OK, and this connector thing. Does one come with the "trigger kit" or "frame kit"? If so, is the one that comes with the kit now junk? If the replacement is so good, why don't they just do that in the first place?

... to keep fitting simple use only a stock Glock slide. Stock Glock parts AOK for everything else too. Swap connector for a Glock 'minus' connector and done. 3X easier than an AR. Unfortunately it's a very tough time to find parts. ...
Is this the "Ghost" connector?

(see above)

For the moment, I need to concentrate on a slide, and one other item.

For slide, 2 or 3 choices:

"3.5 or 4.5 # connector":
OK, and this connector thing. Does one come with the "trigger kit" or "frame kit"? If so, is the one that comes with the kit now junk? If the replacement is so good, why don't they just do that in the first place?

Is this the "Ghost" connector?

(see above)
Ghost connector will work and is well recognized..

you can get a complete p80 kit from p80 builder fairly cheap.
got my brother a 26 kit for less then 450, my 19 build not including the optic was only 500, and thats with a bunch of upgraded parts.

my 21 build that was basically the same price a 21 but had upgraded parts also.

If you are a beginner, I recommend starting with a new, high-quality gun. It will make your experience better and easier for you to learn. There are many options on the market, but it's important to know what you need and for what you'll use this gun. I prefer the 3D Gun Builders p80 slides for beginners. It's easy to use, and get used to it. Also, it has a pretty attractive price which is a bonus. If you didn't make up your mind, compare some models, and you'll understand which one fits your needs the best.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom