• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GLOCK Performance Trigger – Perfection Demands Performance

Not really, considering Apex and all the rest are right around $100. Haggling around $100 on a new glerk isnt a lot of money. This is still a polymer framed handgun under a
grand,

Is it worth $100 though? Let's just be honest. It's a f***ing glock trigger [rofl]

glock factory has a concept of match triggers?
Once again, with feeling, THE GLOCK PERFORMANCE TRIGGER CHANGES THE GUN TO SINGLE ACTION ONLY. Yes, I am shouting.

The standard Glock trigger, when ready, is not fully cocked. That is, when you pull the trigger, it increases pressure on the striker and then releases the striker. If the striker were to somehow be released without pulling the trigger, there is not enough tension on the striker to discharge the round.

THE GLOCK PERFORMANCE TRIGGER WORKS ENTIRELY DIFFERENTLY. Yes, I’m shouting again. When the Glock Performance trigger is ready, the striker is at full tension. If the striker were to fall without the trigger being pulled, the round would discharge. The Glock Performance trigger does add another safety mechanism, but still, it is not designed as a duty trigger.

FFS, people, there is a ton of information about this trigger on the net. Do a little research. Watch a YouTube video or three.

yeah it's weird that they are doing this. $100 is a shit load of money for this trigger also considering what it actually does in reality is almost for sure not even close to that in value.

It's like $1.50 in parts marked up to 100.
No, actually. You’ve done no research on the Glock Performance trigger. It isn’t just a polished connector. It is like the Timney trigger, but possibly better designed.

Once again, with feeling, THE GLOCK PERFORMANCE TRIGGER CHANGES THE GUN TO SINGLE ACTION ONLY. Yes, I am shouting.

The standard Glock trigger, when ready, is not fully cocked. That is, when you pull the trigger, it increases pressure on the striker and then releases the striker. If the striker were to somehow be released without pulling the trigger, there is not enough tension on the striker to discharge the round.

THE GLOCK PERFORMANCE TRIGGER WORKS ENTIRELY DIFFERENTLY. Yes, I’m shouting again. When the Glock Performance trigger is ready, the striker is at full tension. If the striker were to fall without the trigger being pulled, the round would discharge. The Glock Performance trigger does add another safety mechanism, but still, it is not designed as a duty trigger.

FFS, people, there is a ton of information about this trigger on the net. Do a little research. Watch a YouTube video or three.

Well damn....now I want one....single action.....take my money :D

'worth' and 'sells for' are 2 very different things.
honestly, i do not even see where it 'sells for' yet, at all.
Really? Did you really try to look for it? I found this in 30 seconds:

For goodness sakes, I realize it is cool to be cynical, but couldn’t you even try?

Last edited:
Is it worth $100 though? Let's just be honest. It's a f***ing glock trigger [rofl]

well `100 is retail, but whose going to be paying that? maybe rubes somewhere (in the long term)

Is it worth it if its better and it delivers an "I dont have to take the gun apart to throw it away" result? then yes, its worth every penny

Let's assume it works good and its safe then yes, I'm buying it and throwing it in the thing with the handgun when I buy it. f***ing around online to find OUT OF STOCK everywhere is annoying, although I do like my Apex and OCC triggers, regardless of price or lack thereof.

I’ve got an Apex trigger. Meh. I was hoping for better.

I'm pretty satisfied with mine, got one on a 43X and another on a G19 Gen5. I find the reset to be pretty nice. Then again I also do stuff like get rid of the tool marks on the striker face, so that helps, too. Most of the rest of them are all either OEM with 3.5 minus connectors, or OCCustoms triggers with the same 3.5 minus connectors.

ETA: the main thing I like about the apex is it doesnt do that "hitch in the giddyup" shit that the ghost connectors do when the slide is coming back. The way the ghost connectors work in my mind is "weird" and "not standard". I don't like the resistance they insert into the cycling process.

Not really, considering Apex and all the rest are right around $100. Haggling around $100 on a new glerk isnt a lot of money. This is still a polymer framed handgun under a
grand,
The cheapest Apex offering (black) right now is $135, while the only available option (red, freedom) is $145. So $100-150 seems exactly the right price range.

I finally gave up and ordered some Dawson sights to replace the stock ones on my G45. At some point, I might try an OCC trigger. I like the Apex kit in my Shield, so would consider theirs. But, like you say, having nothing in stock anywhere is frustrating. I'll probably start with some Flitz and a ton of dry practice...

The cheapest Apex offering (black) right now is $135, while the only available option (red, freedom) is $145. So $100-150 seems exactly the right price range.

I finally gave up and ordered some Dawson sights to replace the stock ones on my G45. At some point, I might try an OCC trigger. I like the Apex kit in my Shield, so would consider theirs. But, like you say, having nothing in stock anywhere is frustrating. I'll probably start with some Flitz and a ton of dry practice...

Lacking an apex kit the first two things I usually do is take like 2000 grit sandpaper and gently clean the obvious burrs/toolmarks/roughness off the striker face. I put that paper on top of a cigar box to use it as like a straight edge and gently drag that face up and down the paper a few times. Then I get a 3.5 OEM minus connector. and put that in at the same time.

Lacking an apex kit the first two things I usually do is take like 2000 grit sandpaper and gently clean the obvious burrs/toolmarks/roughness off the striker face. I put that paper on top of a cigar box to use it as like a straight edge and gently drag that face up and down the paper a few times. Then I get a 3.5 OEM minus connector. and put that in at the same time.
So I shouldn't break out the float glass (or surface plate) and wet sand to a mirror finish?

Minus connector is on the list. Honestly, the gen 5 is enough better than the 3 it replaced that I'm not even worried. I finally decided I was tired of the stock sights, though. Even the Mepro ones I had before were an improvement.

Really? Did you really try to look for it? I found this in 30 seconds:

For goodness sakes, I realize it is cool to be cynical, but couldn’t you even try?
sakes shmakes - it is out of stock there.
GLOCK PERFORMANCE TRIGGER
$99.99

OUT OF STOCK
GLOCK Performance Trigger

other place from what i did recall did not ship to MA. or other reason, don`t even remember why i do not buy from glockstore.
i`ll wait for opticsplanet or eurooptic to stock it.

don`t even remember why i do not buy from glockstore.
i`ll wait for optics-planet or eurooptic to stock it.

They're just as bad as OP with their in stock nonsense and not telling you until after you bought it that it’s OOS.

The last time I ordered from GS the item was listed as in stock, got an email thanking me for my purchase and letting me know that item is OOS and they will have more in at the end of the month so I let it ride.

It was like a year and a half later, no exaggeration, that I even remembered I had ordered something and I went and canceled the order because they still didn’t have it in.
(I checked with them first just for GP and chuckles)

It was maybe only one month later if that, that they emailed me again to let me know they had some triggers come in if I still wanted one. MF’rs lol

I don’t think I even replied, I just hit Unsubscribe.

Back
Top Bottom