Glock versus Sig P365.. Will Glock make anything equal/similar/better etc??

GlockJock

NES Member
I own (and love) many Glocks, including the 43...Recently I bought my first Sig Sauer, a Sig P365...A great "little" gun with a 10+1 capacity in a very small overall package, plus it shoots very well, carries comfortably etc...

So now I'm wondering if Glock will come out with something to "match" or "beat" this Sig in terms of capacity, small size etc?...I mean I really like the Sig, but I'm just a "Glock Guy" I guess, addicted and yeah ok maybe brainwashed into thinking the Glock is more reliable.. whereas I am (almost) a thousand percent sure that the G43 will always go "bang" if/should I ever need to pull the trigger.

And while (so far) the P365 hasn't failed me once, not even with "cheap" plinker rounds (which cost something like ten bucks per round these days, or so it seems LOL), I guess I'm still slightly concerned and psychologically "worry" every now and then that this nice, little, comfortable, awesome Sig P365 isn't a Glock - and hence may "hiccup" if (God forbid) I ever had to save my or my family's life with it.

Am I "worrying too much"? Is my dedication to Glocks causing me unnecessary nervousness? Or has anyone else here bought a Sig P365 - but carry a Glock cuz you "trust it more" etc etc? In a (my) perfect world, Glock would have already realized they are "behind the curve" and already announced upcoming "big news" about their soon-to-be-released "Breakthrough 12-plus-1-mini-marvel that exceeds the competition and..." (blah etc blah).

Thoughts?

They won't ever be able to with the plastic magazines, they are simply to bulky to get down to 365/hellcat size. If Glock was willing to make a steel magazine for a pistol they could get there easily. Right now and probably for a long time the only option is the magazine from shield arms in a G43 or G48 which is not running it as a factory Glock so it kind of defeats the purpose of Glock reliability. I have a lot of SIG and a lot of Glock pistols and I shoot both brands a lot. IMHO Sig is the only brand other than Glock that I would trust to carry right out of the box, they are usually top notch and very reliable so I wouldn't stress it if reliability is all you're worried about. There are some 365's out there with ridiculous round counts now without major problems.

I have a free state P365. Excellent gun for what it is, and I must have lucked out and got one of the reliable second gen guns (the second gen was a soft upgrade, no announcement). The build quality is superb. No wobble on anything. But...

I see no reason for Glock to join the subcompact arm race beyond their 43x. Yes, it is noticeably taller than the P365 or Hellcat, but I don't think that's all that big of a deal when I can generally conceal a G19 anyway. And I'm short and skinny. Only time the P365 comes out these days is if I have to wear a tucked-in fitted shirt at work. I'm carrying the G19 all other times. So a G43x with a Shield Arms would be my ideal EDC. Too bad I'm in MA and won't get those mags, even if I do source a reasonably priced 43x.

TLDR: I'm done with the fascination over the smallest single and 1.5 stack micro and subcompact pistols. No smaller than compact these days for new purchases.

I guess I'm just an old f*rt who's really really happy with my Glocks, but that's why they paint cars different colors. Sigs are, I'm told awesome as well.

I like my 365 very much, has been 100 reliable,very accurate. I use the 12 rd mags
Fit my meathooks better (LE)
Mrs.SPG likes hers also yes she does use 10 rd

Something with the 43 that made me shoot like shit with it (I also have 19 and didn't have the same problems as with the 43), I sold it and bought 365, I absolutely love this gun, it shoots perfect.

Been a Glock fan my whole life. I owned a 26, 43, 19 and 32. When the Sig p365 came out, I bought one. Liked it so much, I sold the 26 and the 43 a few months ago because I felt the the P365 was the best of the 26/43 combined and didn't need the duplication...

Hand fit is the key difference. I had a few customers sell their just-acquired 365s because the grip was just too small. The 43X/48 is slightly thicker and these guys ended up liking them much better. I do like that the 365 is truly pocketable while the 43X/48 grips are too long to hide in some of my pants.

Glock uses steel mags, encased in plastic. The extra thickness of the plastic, and the thickness of the grip material, is why 43/48 mags are single stack. The SIG mags are very thin but the real accomplishment is in how SIG made the plastic so thin on the grip without losing integrity. (Although I have not heat-tested one in the summer; some brands have plastic that softens in heat.) I have read in the past week that people are experiencing malfunctions the Shield Arms aftermarket Glock mags. I suppose as the tolerances get finer when you try to stagger-stack the mag, engineering issues appear.

I own (and love) many Glocks, including the 43...Recently I bought my first Sig Sauer, a Sig P365...A great "little" gun with a 10+1 capacity in a very small overall package, plus it shoots very well, carries comfortably etc...

So now I'm wondering if Glock will come out with something to "match" or "beat" this Sig in terms of capacity, small size etc?...I mean I really like the Sig, but I'm just a "Glock Guy" I guess, addicted and yeah ok maybe brainwashed into thinking the Glock is more reliable.. whereas I am (almost) a thousand percent sure that the G43 will always go "bang" if/should I ever need to pull the trigger.

And while (so far) the P365 hasn't failed me once, not even with "cheap" plinker rounds (which cost something like ten bucks per round these days, or so it seems LOL), I guess I'm still slightly concerned and psychologically "worry" every now and then that this nice, little, comfortable, awesome Sig P365 isn't a Glock - and hence may "hiccup" if (God forbid) I ever had to save my or my family's life with it.

Am I "worrying too much"? Is my dedication to Glocks causing me unnecessary nervousness? Or has anyone else here bought a Sig P365 - but carry a Glock cuz you "trust it more" etc etc? In a (my) perfect world, Glock would have already realized they are "behind the curve" and already announced upcoming "big news" about their soon-to-be-released "Breakthrough 12-plus-1-mini-marvel that exceeds the competition and..." (blah etc blah).

Thoughts?

No. They won’t. And they don’t care. The 43x still sells like hotcakes despite not necessarily being size competitive with the P365, It is what it is., It’s the same reason you won’t see a different M&P hygeineproduct shield etc. If you’re that brand nervous you shouldn’t have bought a sig to begin with... but I don’t really see anything wrong with the current P365 that makes it fundamentally worse than any other “compromise” pistol near its class.

TLDR version: If it was me I would stop trying to seek purchase validation and just enjoy the gun I bought, train with it, etc.

G43X is 10. I'm good with 11. If the P365XL grip were a bit longer it would be perfect like the G43X for my bigger hands.

Thanks for the correction. All the links that I found say 6. Do you have a link that shows 11?

The Sig P365 was a game changer for me. It can replace the role of my compact 9 mm, and in some cases my J Frame. All though the J Frame still conceals much better for deep concealment. I have the MA Version with the Safety. I live in NC now.. the 12 round magazines are hard to find. I carry with 10 round and a 15 round magazine carried concealed. The 15 round magazine also is compatable with the Sig P365 XL. These pistols are perfect!

Well a G43 is going to depend on who is carrying it and how they are carrying it... 6+1, 7+1, 8+1 are all pretty common.

sure but one thing I like about the G43X is you have a factory 10 round so you don't have to wonder if your +2 mag is going to cause a misfeed at the wrong time.

chiming in here as a self proclaimed glock fanboy

my first ever gun was a sig p229 and i didnt like it at all

sold it and then acquired a g26, and then a g23, and then a g17, and then a g43

i told myself i would not own anything other than a glock but lately the 6+1 capacity of the g43 has me feeling uneasy and underprepared

so i bought a P365 SAS that was posted here a few days ago, i went to the range with it yesterday and it was accurate right out the gate

im happy with the gun, even though it isnt a glock, it gives me the peace of mind with more capacity in the same size package

i dont think glock will ever make anything that will be on par with the p365, their fanboys will keep buying their products

Glock came out with the 43x and there are aftermarket steel mags that up the capacity to 15rds, so I think it's already done.

Who I'm waiting on is Ruger, Taurus, and S&W to come out with their own P365 clones. Ruger's single stacks, while quite thin, are feeling 10 years old. Taurus' PT111 pistols have made them a ton of money over the years, but Taurus making a 365 for $265 would make them even more money. S&W... meh, their poly pistols are what they are, but people buy them so whatever.

9mm-lugerG3c Tenifer Matte Black 9MM LUGER
Black Polymer Frame
Three 10-Round Magazines

ITEM #1-G3C931-10
FRAME SIZECompact
CAPACITY10 rds.
HEIGHT5.10"
WIDTH1.20"
WEIGHT22.00 oz.
BARREL LENGTH3.20"
OVERALL LENGTH6.30"
FRONT SIGHTFixed
REAR SIGHTDrift Adjustable
SAFETYStriker Block
Manual Safety
Trigger Safety
Loaded Chamber Indicator
MSRP$305.74
More Details
COMPARE
9mm-lugerG3c Tenifer Matte Black 9MM LUGER
Black Polymer Frame
Three 12-Round Magazines

ITEM #1-G3C931
FRAME SIZECompact
CAPACITY12 rds.
HEIGHT5.10"
WIDTH1.20"
WEIGHT22.00 oz.
BARREL LENGTH3.20"
OVERALL LENGTH6.30"
FRONT SIGHTFixed
REAR SIGHTDrift Adjustable
SAFETYStriker Block
Manual Safety
Trigger Safety
Loaded Chamber Indicator
MSRP$305.74
More Details

Taurus version of the P365.

I have both, depends on the needs of that day. Same with bigger guns.

Each gun has a purpose, but their end mission is the same, a tool for self defense. It probably is whatever is the one that you shoot better, though the 365 is smooth

I choose my clothes for the gun. If was worried about mag capacity I would carry a 19 it's easy to conceal today with all the holster options. I'm not knocking the 43- or 365 I own both and carried both but at the end of the day their both pocket guns. When I do carry a pocket gun or a backup gun I usually grab my 43 it's point ability and reliability rate high very natural to shoot even with my big mitt's.

If you shoot Glock mostly, stick with the 43 for carry . I shoot the 320 mostly, so the 365 makes more sense. The triggers are very close to being the same. This way shooting one is training for the other.

Back
Top Bottom