• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GLOCK VS. SIG

Independence Arms

Instructor
just wanted to start a discussion about the 2.
I have both, and was always a die hard glock fan. have had plenty of sigs, but always carried my glock 23.
oddly enough, i kept getting drawn in by the sig p239. I actually am on my 3rd one right now, that i got from a NES member for a smoking deal. 2tone with rubber grips and nitesites.
the other two i had, i owned for short periods of time, and never even fired them! just kept buying, and trading in. wish that i didn't do that, because once i actually fired the 239, I put my glock23 away and never looked back!

what do you all have for opinions between the 2?
please, lets keep this on a Glock vs. Sig debate only!

Both fine guns. The biggest issue is DA/SA of a traditional SIG versus striker-fired Glock action. You like DA/SA or you don't. I don't.

SIG also has DAK, which gives you a consistent trigger pull, but with a significantly longer trigger pull and longer reset than a Glock.

I love my Glocks. I wanted one for many years before I finally picked up a G22. I carried that when I worked armored car. Then I bought a G23 and carried that for about a year. I never had any interest in Sigs. The Army had them when I was in and I fired them. I wasn't all that impressed. Recently something changed and I have an overwhelming desire to buy a Sig. I don't know why but I really really really want one. Unfortunately the wife wants a shotgun and a rifle before I get another handgun.

I'm sure this will be a spirited topic.

In, with Sig. I have owned the 23,22,27,26,17 and 21. I now own no Glocks. Nothing wrong with them I just like and shoot Sigs better.

Both fine guns. The biggest issue is DA/SA of a traditional SIG versus striker-fired Glock action. You like DA/SA or you don't. I don't.

SIG also has DAK, which gives you a consistent trigger pull, but with a significantly longer trigger pull and longer reset than a Glock.

This. And the fact that the 239 is twice the price, twice the weight, and half the capacity as a comparable glock. I also hated the grip of the 239 - felt too narrow.

That of course is my unbiased opinion

just wanted to start a discussion about the 2.
I have both, and was always a die hard glock fan. have had plenty of sigs, but always carried my glock 23.
oddly enough, i kept getting drawn in by the sig p239. I actually am on my 3rd one right now, that i got from a NES member for a smoking deal. 2tone with rubber grips and nitesites.
the other two i had, i owned for short periods of time, and never even fired them! just kept buying, and trading in. wish that i didn't do that, because once i actually fired the 239, I put my glock23 away and never looked back!

what do you all have for opinions between the 2?
please, lets keep this on a Glock vs. Sig debate only!

They are both fine firearms,almost in the same leauge as H&K and Walther [laugh]

...IBTL

Sigs are a great gun,When I shoot them I shoot low on every model. I'll stick to my glocks.

Something to keep in mind with German guns....you put the front sight ON the target. American, you put the front sight BELOW the target. I didn't know that until a few months ago and it made a BIG difference in my accuracy.

I used to have a lot more Sigs but now the numbers are the same on both sides. I find Glocks a lot easier to carry overall. It's all user preference more than anything else.

-Mike

I'm torn between these two brands....it's like picking a favorite child. Right now I own 3 Sig pistols and one Sig AR. They are high quality products. Recently I bought an unfired Glock 22 from Four Seasons and this is also a nice firearm. I do like having 15 + 1 capacity in .40 S&W with the Glock (yes, I know Eddie would be so dissapointed!). It is outfited with night sights and LaserMax, just like all my Sigs. There is something about the feel of the Glock that I like, but the Sig is nice too. I would say either way you can't go wrong. Just make sure you only fire FMJ through the Glock.

I own both, and have a love of both for different reasons... I also actually prefer different ones at different times.

I also love my Rugers my Colts, Kimber and my Tauruses .... I have one ONE handgun that I can honestly say I do not really like to fire, its clumsy and stovepipes all the time, but it was a gift and the person who gave it to me would be hurt if I sold it.

Something to keep in mind with German guns....you put the front sight ON the target. American, you put the front sight BELOW the target. I didn't know that until a few months ago and it made a BIG difference in my accuracy.
Um, no, actually. Combat handguns, regardless of manufacturer, are designed to shoot to point of aim. Normal manufacturing variances, plus variances in how people's eyes and how they shoot, results in some guns not shooting to point of aim for some people. That is easily cured by changing the height of the front sight. Which is why SIG stocks front sights of varying heights.

I've had 3 SIGs. I still have one. Two of them shot to point of aim. One shot very low. I sent the one that shot low back to SIG and they replaced the front sight with a shorter one. Problem solved.

Last edited:
I've never owned a Sig, but the one's I've handled have been nice. I prefer the weight and grip angle on the Glocks, though, and Sig doesn't make 10mm.

All metal vs. plastic says it all for me. They only plastic one should carry is the plastic in your wallet! I have a safe full of sigs and no glocks!

Last edited:
This.

But I'll play: I have 2 Glocks and want to get a Sig, specifically a German P6, but my budget is limited right now.

+1 I've got some glocks but I'm thinking my next purchase will be a sig 229... Looking forward to it

Back
Top Bottom