• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GLOCK VS. SIG

I am going with Sig...I have a P228 that I love..It takes 13 and 18 round mags..I have night sights and CT grips on it...shoots awesome....I also have a Glock 26, which is what i carry the most and I must say is a a good gun..but.....its not a sig

I love my Sigs. I just don't like the way the Glocks feel in my hand. To each his own. There is something to be said for the Glock 30 though. Lots of umph in a small package

Both are 100% reliable. Both offer pre-ban normal capacity mags. Both have .22 conversions for cheap trigger time. Both are awesome.

I have 3 Glocks and 2 Sigs. I go through love/hate periods with both. On paper, I feel the Glocks are better from a weight/capacity strandpoint. But the Sigs fit my hand much better. I have a hard time with the stock magazine release on the Glocks, and some of the pre-ban mags are a PITA when they don't "drop free".

Once I bought a .22 conversion and mastered the DA/SA trigger on my 229 last year, the Glocks became safe queens! Even for carry!

Something to keep in mind with German guns....you put the front sight ON the target. American, you put the front sight BELOW the target. I didn't know that until a few months ago and it made a BIG difference in my accuracy.

I didn't know this either. came for a flame war, left with some learnin. go figure

[popcorn]

Keep it up guys. I'm finding this fascinating as I'm going to be looking for my first semi in the next month or so. I'm debating between Sig, Glock, and Beretta.

Also, what, no Ka-boom images yet? Derek must be busy [grin]

Both fine guns. The biggest issue is DA/SA of a traditional SIG versus striker-fired Glock action. You like DA/SA or you don't. I don't.

SIG also has DAK, which gives you a consistent trigger pull, but with a significantly longer trigger pull and longer reset than a Glock.

The DAK is a great trigger (I have 2 one for sale shamless plug) I never had good luck with Glocks. The 3rd gen was the closest to fitting my hand but I gave up. I like Sigs and really like the 226. I carried a 239 for a while but find the full size better in my hand and just as easy to conceal in a quality rig. Couple that with 15 rounds of 357Sig and what a defense pistol you have. Usually carry it 12 + 1 with a 15 as the spare.

All in all, you need to do what I did. I tried them all and decided what was best for me.

And the 29, same package, plenty of 10mm umph! (I'm slightly biased 'cause I own a 29 [laugh])

oh hell yes!

10mm is a nice round but it can be hard to find ammo sometimes. Besides it's a big scary round. Now my 44 magnum, that is mild. [grin]

I have had no problem finding it!

20438_595227018138_1705747_35232642_6208486_n.jpg

I have a 226 Elite Stainless and a regular 229, both in 9mm. I also have a SIG GSR Revolution Target but that's neither here nor there (I bought it because it was a good deal and is a nice, tight 1911).

The 226 is the handgun I shoot the best of any I've tried and the 229 isn't far behind. That's not saying a whole lot because I suck but I've shot Glocks and didn't do as well. Also, I like that SIGs are finished to a higher standard.

To each their own though.

Last edited:
10mm is a nice round but it can be hard to find ammo sometimes. Besides it's a big scary round. Now my 44 magnum, that is mild. [grin]

oh hell yes!

I have had no problem finding it!

[/QUOTE]

I don't have as much as bostonasphalt, but I haven't had any trouble finding it either. Also, I live in a free state so I can use the wonders of the interwebz for hard to find ammo. [wink]

I don't have as much as bostonasphalt, but I haven't had any trouble finding it either. Also, I live in a free state so I can use the wonders of the interwebz for hard to find ammo. [wink]

You bastard with your ordering cheap ammo online... I have to get friends in other states to help me with that. Fortunately, there are a few dealers around who get some in occasionally.

And the 29, same package, plenty of 10mm umph! (I'm slightly biased 'cause I own a 29 [laugh])

dude, that ish aint mine, I hate guns [wink]

I have a 226 Elite Stainless and a regular 229, both in 9mm. I also have a SIG GSR Revolution Target but that's neither here nor there (I bought it because it was a good deal and is a nice, tight 1911).

The 226 is the handgun I shoot the best of any I've tried and the 229 isn't far behind. That's not saying a hole lot because I suck but I've shot Glocks and didn't do as well. Also, I like that SIGs are finished to a higher standard.

can we please be friends! i would love a GSR, an ELITE, and a EQUINOX!

The 226 is the handgun I shoot the best of any I've tried and the 229 isn't far behind. That's not saying a hole lot because I suck but I've shot Glocks and didn't do as well. Also, I like that SIGs are finished to a higher standard.

Oddly enough, I do best with my 229 with the .357 sig barrel in. My 226 is a 9 mm tactical and I don't shoot as well with it.

IMO, the 239 fits a smaller hand better. Also it is a preference in weight, round capacity, striker vs. DA/SA, and decocker/no decocker.

IMO, the 239 fits a smaller hand better. Also it is a preference in weight, round capacity, striker vs. DA/SA, and decocker/no decocker.
Of course it fits small hands better. Single stack versus double stack. Glocks also have a lower bore axis, so less muzzle rise. I find the 239 feels very top heavy in my hand.

I prefer the way SIGs field strip over Glock's method, but the SIG method does appear to force the higher bore axis. Height of the bore axis is more important to me than convenience of field stripping.

Last edited:
SIG IS THE BEST GUN I HAVE SHOT.. A HAVE 4 AND 1 ON THE WAY.. JUST A BETER FIT FOR ME.. LOVE THE WAY IT SHOTS... 226 IS THE BEST. CARRY A 239 ALL THE TIME..

Back
Top Bottom