GLOCK VS. SIG

THE SRT WAS FACRORY ON A 226 ELITE AND IT DOES MAKE A HUGE DIFFERANCE...

I SHOOT A BOBS IN SLAISBURY ALL THE TIME IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO TRY ONE.

Nothing good can come from a Sig vs Glock thread, in before lock!!

+1 IBTL and FWIW +1 on the Sigs. I can shoot them booth and I appreciate the light weight durability of the Glocks. While I don't own one yet, one is in my future. I just like the feel of the Sigs.

IMO the equinox is just a cosmetic thing while the elites give you a better grip with the beaver tail.

Both are great, don't get me wrong, but I am not a huge fan of either. I used the hell out of the 226 and 228 in the Navy along with the M9, I just don't like DA. I almost bought a 220 a few months back, but decided to build a railed 1911 instead for ease of magazine use, already have many. I am not so much a Glock fan, I have shot a few of my buddy's, they just don't do it for me.

Having said that, I am on the hunt for a G34, 45 isn't cheap and I just started shooting IDPA.

The only SIG I have ever fired turned me off to them for a long time, it was a p232 and it was jamming up at least once, if not more, every mag. After reading a lot about them here on the forums, I'm chalking it up to possibly holding it wrong and the fact that it was a dirty, beaten rental gun with cheap ammunition. SIGs are now on my radar for a 9mm whenever I get around to purchasing one :)

I've handled a couple Glocks. The 20 was interesting, and one may some day follow me home, but I'm not a huge fan of how they feel in my hand, kinda felt like holding a brick.

To each their own

I have variety of different Sig's and Glock's. I like them all. but by far my most favorite Sig's are 229 .40S&W Elite, P238, Sig 1911 C3 and Glock's are G26,G30,G23 and HK USP 45c and HK P2000SK... opps i forgot SIG VS GLoCk only...

Last edited:
I've got a 239 and a Glock 17. I like the Sig much better as it is more comfortable for my hands. When I bought it, I thought I could get used tp the 17 - but no dice. I plan on selling it and getting something else. However, since they've announced the G4, I might have to try that (although I'm leaning toward a Sig 250).

The Sig 239 is my carry gun, no matter what I get later.

has anyone had a SRT trigger done yet? not the short trigger, but the short reset, to reduce travel.

I converted a DAK to SA/DA//Short trigger, SRT, and the trigger itself worked on. All on a 226 in 357SIG. Just had Bo Mar style sights cut in and when complete, it will be a very fine carry/competition Sig. I have a good friend I shoot with that does a lot of Sig work. anyone wanting to try my Sig get in touch

Um, no, actually. Combat handguns, regardless of manufacturer, are designed to shoot to point of aim. Normal manufacturing variances, plus variances in how people's eyes and how they shoot, results in some guns not shooting to point of aim for some people. That is easily cured by changing the height of the front sight. Which is why SIG stocks front sights of varying heights.

I've had 3 SIGs. I still have one. Two of them shot to point of aim. One shot very low. I sent the one that shot low back to SIG and they replaced the front sight with a shorter one. Problem solved.

Okay, I apologize if I'm mistaken....this was the explaination given to me by several experienced folks....seemed to make sense since all my German guns tended to shoot low.

I've always been told to only use jacketed ammo on Glocks....didn't want to tempt fate.

I don't run lead smeg through mine either (I prefer jacketed bullets for my handguns) but I would without hesitation if I had to. All you really have to do is test your loads to make sure they are not excessively leading the barrel. Proper sizing, lubing, and hardness help.

-Mike

+1 I've got some glocks but I'm thinking my next purchase will be a sig 229... Looking forward to it

Great gun, probably my favorite to shoot. Sadly, it doesn't get carried much. If I can CCW something that size, it ends up being a .45 cal. For smaller, I use the Walther P99c. So because it is a 9mm, it just doesn't fit into the carry rotation anymore. Now for target, it has a really nice balance.

I Had a Sig back in the day. It was very accurate & very reliable. The Biggest thing I didn't like about them is the barrel & slide axis tended to ride so high in my hand that the inertia seemed to multiply when it cycled increasing felt recoil. Also they feel large & chunky to me. I ended up selling it to buy a G21 & have never looked back. Their great guns, just not my preference. Although I like the second strike capability.

Both are great, don't get me wrong, but I am not a huge fan of either. I used the hell out of the 226 and 228 in the Navy along with the M9, I just don't like DA. I almost bought a 220 a few months back, but decided to build a railed 1911 instead for ease of magazine use, already have many. I am not so much a Glock fan, I have shot a few of my buddy's, they just don't do it for me.

Having said that, I am on the hunt for a G34, 45 isn't cheap and I just started shooting IDPA.

Well, you've got to remember military service pistols are typically in SH*T shape. A buddy of mine had the same experience as you, then shot my Sig and couldn't believe the difference. My P220 is awesome!

I've got a 239 and a Glock 17. I like the Sig much better as it is more comfortable for my hands. When I bought it, I thought I could get used tp the 17 - but no dice. I plan on selling it and getting something else. However, since they've announced the G4, I might have to try that (although I'm leaning toward a Sig 250).

The Sig 239 is my carry gun, no matter what I get later.

Ahhh.....a Sig P250 and a Glock Gen4.....how I envy the free states

always just had a hard time feeling comfortable carrying 1 in the chamber on the glock! always made me nervous.

I cant imagine ever carrying any firearm and have it NOT loaded, almost defeats the purpose of carrrying.

G-locK vs Sig-S

I shoot Steel Matches, G22 not much help on 6 inch dia steel at 18+yards, at least in my hands, Sig P220 on the other hand is
just point shoot and move on cause I know the steel will chime at a much higher percentage rate than with the G-Lock. If all the targets were 24" x 18" and at 10 yards, I would stay after them with the G-Lock. IMHO
Tank[smile]

I have a 239 and a couple of Glocks, one being a G19. I love the 19 but find the 239 an easier gun to conceal. Although I havent tried a IWB for the Glock which may make a difference. Hell I have a hard enough time tring to conceal my love handles.I dont think you can go wrong with either one. I want to try a 239 with the STR too and see if this is something I want

I converted a DAK to SA/DA//Short trigger, SRT, and the trigger itself worked on. All on a 226 in 357SIG. Just had Bo Mar style sights cut in and when complete, it will be a very fine carry/competition Sig. I have a good friend I shoot with that does a lot of Sig work. anyone wanting to try my Sig get in touch

i would like to have the SRT trigger installed, if you could hook me up with him, that would be great!

My first handgun was a Sig 239. I liked the size, quality and ease of iwb carry. Within a year I bought a Sig 220 SS. Beautiful gun. But I never could shoot them as well as I thought they were capable. I sold them both and haven't looked back. It took me a while but I'm now firmly on the Glock bandwagon. I shoot these really well and I like how they fit my hand. The durability and capacity are huge bonuses as well. I carry a G26 and occasionally a 19 and my home gun is a 17.

Back
Top Bottom