Glock????

Typically carry a Sig 239 in .40. I carry a 1911 in winter or when I can cover it, though it prints better than the Sig. Lately, however, I've have a strange Jones for a Glock. Fired one in .40 once, shot it pretty well.

Should I stay away from the Kool-Aid or is some recoil therapy in order?

Or should I submit...

I've shot a few glocks. I must say I didn't like any if them. Just didnt feel well in my hands. Come try my sr9c. It shoots well. Really well and conceals nicely. The sr40c is the same size.

35184599.jpg

Last edited:
Glocks are a love-it-or-hate-it thing. If you love the way they look/feel/shoot, buy one. Heck, buy three. If you don't like the way they look/feel/shoot, don't buy one.

I have a Glock 19 and I will never get rid of it (and I change up the handguns I own fairly regularly/handgun ADD). It's easy to disassemble and clean (if you're into that stuff...) and stone axe reliable. Parts are cheap, plentiful and generally easy to install. Mags are fairly easy to get. The only thing I didn't like was the factory rear "U" site. I HATE them, but that's easily remedied with some good night sights anyway. I don't carry mine very often since I bought a j-frame that lives in my pocket most of the time, but it goes to the range almost every time. I have had other Glocks (a 27: liked the gun, hated the .40 cartridge and a 3rd gen 17 I should have kept) but this was the one to keep.

Last edited:
Exactly, have held a few, I Just don't like the way they feel in my hand.

I've generally learned if you can't hold it comfortably, you'll never be able to shoot it consistently accurate.

Glocks are a love-it-or-hate-it thing. If you love the way they look/feel/shoot, buy one. Heck, buy three. If you don't like the way they look/feel/shoot, don't buy one.

I finally fell victim to the "dark side" and bought a used Glock 21 from a LEO, my first Glock, haven't fired it yet, so time will tell.......I'll report back some day if LORD VADER has put the chock hold on me....... :(

I'm absolutley hooked on Glocks since i got my G20 last year, since then i've got a couple more.

Friend of mine had a P239 and a P225, was a big Sig guy and always talkin smack about Glocks, until i let him shoot my Glocks. He couldn't get rid of his Sigs fast enough so he traded them in for a huge loss and Bought a G36 off the classifieds, I think he sleeps with it nightly!!! The P239 didn't handle the recoil as well as my G23 or even my 10mm Glocks, they are very controlable and handle recoil very well.

My father also sold off a bunch of old guns to get a couple Glocks, he's hooked too.

You can't go wrong!!!!

I have a Glock 19 and I will never get rid of it (and I change up the handguns I own fairly regularly/handgun ADD). It's easy to disassemble and clean (if you're into that stuff...) and stone axe reliable. Parts are cheap, plentiful and generally easy to install. Mags are fairly easy to get. The only thing I didn't like was the factory rear "U" site. I HATE them, but that's easily remedied with some good night sights anyway. I don't carry mine very often since I bought a j-frame that lives in my pocket most of the time, but it goes to the range almost every time. I have had other Glocks (a 27: liked the gun, hated the .40 cartridge and a 3rd gen 17 I should have kept) but this was the one to keep.

Flip the sight around so it is black. Free and easy.

LOL It always seems to come down to either love or hate comment whenever Glocks come up. Rarely any middle ground. I own a 17, 19, 21, 26 and 30 so I guess you know where I stand.

There's no particular reason why I want one. I just kinda do. Probably as much the fact that I don't have one. Isn't that why we buy alot of our toys?

I own a Gen1 17 and a Gen4 19. Both stay in my safe most of the time. I've carried the 19 but it's still not my go-to CCW. It is a very good home defense handgun because of the capacity.

Glock is still a great handgun but for me the grip angle doesn't suit me that well. This is why the SF series gets such great praise. They're also built like tanks and will take as much abuse as you can dish out.

Ask Mike (drgrant) about his G21 torture test [rofl]

I am not really a "glock guy" don't really have a problem with them just not my thing. I like good looking guns like my 92fs. I have shot quite a few glocks though and I have to say the 19 is DAMN accurate. They are a little wide for my liking carry wise.

I too owned a 239 in .40...big heavy gun for what it does. Marginally smaller then my 229 so why not carry that for a much higher round count? it is heavy though.

The same/similar size Glock is a 23 which holds 13+1 and feels lighter. When I carry concealed I generally carry my Glocks...don't care if they get holster wear (I think it adds character anyway), light, simple to operate & care for and Toyota/Honda reliability at Hyundai prices!! Tons of aftermarket supplies available too. When I carry my 27 I have 10 +1...then I can carry a backup G22 mag and have 15 rounds ready to go... If my memory serves the p239 mags are only 8 right?

I like the way they feel and point, I do have big paws and the purchase for me feels right. Some cannot handle the grip thickness or angle. So, there are benefits and detractors...it boils down to what's comfortable for you....try one. Like it = buy one (watch out they come in bunches, as do HKs). Hate it and stick with the sig, it will serve you well.

Judging by your original post you have respect for yourself, get another sig.
This. So bad. SIG rule. Screw the ugly bricks.

Just kidding. If it fits you, it'll be a good firearm that will serve you well.

Still ugly, tho.

I am not really a "glock guy" don't really have a problem with them just not my thing. I like good looking guns like my 92fs. I have shot quite a few glocks though and I have to say the 19 is DAMN accurate. They are a little wide for my liking carry wise.

I forgot to say that. The 19 is a tack driver. At 50 yards I can easily keep all my shots in a 15" target. (most of them anyway). Even in the hands of a new shooter or someone new to Glock it's easy to shoot, operate, etc.

I bought a G27 when we lived in TX and I love it. Small but very accurate. The grip is a bit uncomfortable but I'm planning on sending it out to get remolded. A guy in TN if I remember right does great work.

I may take you up on that Sparkey. I did the same some years ago and ended up with the Sig. Jack at Quaboag Sportsmans Club, brought practically the whole product line. I mean the WHOLE product line from Sig. 2 rifle cases for pistols. Gave him an 8lb jug of powder for his trouble. Beginning of a great friendship.

I forgot to say that. The 19 is a tack driver. At 50 yards I can easily keep all my shots in a 15" target. (most of them anyway). Even in the hands of a new shooter or someone new to Glock it's easy to shoot, operate, etc.

Yep...first real handgun I'd ever shot...my father in law wanted to dis-own me after I put all 10 rounds on paper with his G19.
Finally got my own years ago...new Gen 4 G19...tack driver, love it!!!

I have the g27 with an extra 9mm barrel. I like the set up. Very accurate and easy to carry. Sigs are ice too but I like consistent trigger pull.

+1 to that. My 23 is very accurate.

The 23 is awesome and I can't wait to grab a 26. But I digress: there are tons of 2A folk that both love and hate Glock and I obviously fall in the former category. The real question is do you like it? If so, grab one. They are absolute tanks!

Back
Top Bottom