GOAL ALERT

The smart thing to do here is to give your $ to GOAL. If you'll give GOAL what you would have to pay for parking in Boston + gas you will receive bigger bang for your bucks. That + letter.

If someone can't go that is perfectly understandable, but otherwise how about doing both because per the GOAL Alert...

"Your attendance at this hearing in opposition to the many draconian proposals is of paramount importance!"

Just say'n

:emoji_tiger:

Massachusetts is harassing law abiding citizens and wastes resources on bullying them. At the same time, Massachusetts is working hard on letting criminals out of jails, on reduction of their sentences, or on maintenance of the stream of illegal voters.

Instead of fixing broken infrastructure, Massachusetts has decided to fix what does not need any fixing because we are an easy target. It costs them nothing to step on our rights over and over again.

I will not stand on the steps again! I have done it with zero results.

Do both. If we don't show up, the media coverage will be all pro anti 2A. It mostly will be anyway, but if we can grab enough seats and make enough noise (politely), it will blunt the "Everyone wants more gun control..." BS.

Showing up is half the battle. For the cost of a few boxes of range ammo, we can fight this. Might not win, but if you don't fight, you're guaranteed to lose.

The timing is set to make it difficult for working people to get there. I have no doubt that the other side was informed of the plan way before it was made public. They'll be there because a lot of them will have all of their expenses paid for.

There is no state wide election in the fall, so the risk to the legislators of pay back is tiny.

The smart thing to do here is to give your $ to GOAL. If you'll give GOAL what you would have to pay for parking in Boston + gas you will receive bigger bang for your bucks. That + letter.

I will not stand on the steps again! I have done it with zero results.
Not to pick on you, because you're referring to protest events...

But this is a hearing.

This time anyone who swans about Beacon Street "standing on the steps" before proceeding indoors is giving their seat to some T-shirted moonbat already lined up inside the State House.

I know most of the people here have attended public hearings in the past, wanted to share this in case there's a few who have not. There's a bunch of good info here.
Public Hearing Info | Massachusetts Legislation | GOAL - GOAL.ORG

I plan on going and have an opinion that I'd like to express to the commitee. Kinda regret not doing the "ToastMasters" thing when I was younger, but if I'm only limited to three minutes, I can wing it.

I do understand that "somewhere" there is a testimony sign up sheet? The above GOAL link explained a lot, thank you.

I don't mind being outnumbered where I stand or sit, but if other like minded are attending, I would prefer to be with Pro 2A people. So if any NES members are meeting somewhere before hand, please let me know, or did I miss it?

Thanks,

Jay

This is the letter I wrote,My wife thought it was good.
Also added the support \ oppose list at the end.

Dear Representative Robertson,

Thank you for taking the time to read this letter.

I'm writing today to seek your help with the Bills that are being discussed on 8\28\19.

I have been watching our rights being restricted for some time now and feel its time to reach out and be heard.

I can't understand how restricting my rights will help solve our criminal problem.

H.2093

How would forcing all Legal gun owners to buy insurance cut down on crime?

And mandating it so Insurance companies can set the rate with no choice but pay it or give up your Right

H.3783

How would having my firearms inspected yearly cut down on criminal use of guns?

How would that be paid for?

How much additional man power would be required to do this.

All these new bills would do is make it more expensive to exercise our 2A Right and add extra burdens on myself and all other legal gun owners.

Some people, low income, are being priced out of their Right to defend themselves and their families.

Criminals as you know will not suddenly turn their lives around if we just pass more laws.

We firearms owners in this state are some of the most vetted citizens in the United States.

We are not the problem.

If you feel differently could you please explain why?

Again Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you

Name
Address

This is the letter I wrote,My wife thought it was good.
Also added the support \ oppose list at the end.

Dear Representative Robertson,

Thank you for taking the time to read this letter.

I'm writing today to seek your help with the Bills that are being discussed on 8\28\19.

I have been watching our rights being restricted for some time now and feel its time to reach out and be heard.

I can't understand how restricting my rights will help solve our criminal problem.

H.2093

How would forcing all Legal gun owners to buy insurance cut down on crime?

And mandating it so Insurance companies can set the rate with no choice but pay it or give up your Right

H.3783

How would having my firearms inspected yearly cut down on criminal use of guns?

How would that be paid for?

How much additional man power would be required to do this.

All these new bills would do is make it more expensive to exercise our 2A Right and add extra burdens on myself and all other legal gun owners.

Some people, low income, are being priced out of their Right to defend themselves and their families.

Criminals as you know will not suddenly turn their lives around if we just pass more laws.

We firearms owners in this state are some of the most vetted citizens in the United States.

We are not the problem.

If you feel differently could you please explain why?

Again Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you

Name
Address

I was convinced by our NES member yanici that Robertson loves us!
Tewksbury/Wilmington.. Dave Robertson for State Rep. District 19

I hope he did not moulted once he was elected.[devil2]

Last edited:
When Meceli was our Rep I knew he had our back and I voted for him every election.
Rep Robertson has not proven himself yet.
I sent the same letter to Sen Finegold
I was convinced by our NES member yanici that Robertson loves us!
Tewksbury/Wilmington.. Dave Robertson for State Rep. District 19

I hope he did not moulted once he was elected.[devil2]

I have received an email from our Rep. David Robertson. He is in Japan but he told me that he crafted a letter, on our and Goal's behalf, to be given to the committee by his chief of staff. He is also a sponsor of one of GOAL's pieces of legislation. Have no fear. Rep. Robertson is on your side. I never would have worked for his election campaign or contributed to his war chest if I thought otherwise.

Edit: Just to add to the above: Our members would be wise to get out there and meet their legislative members. Rep. Robertson has office hours locally on occasion both during the day and in the evening. Go work for the good guys. Hold signs, pass out pamphlets, talk to neighbors. Get active.

Last edited:
I have received an email from our Rep. David Robertson. He is in Japan but he told me that he crafted a letter, on our and Goal's behalf, to be given to the committee by his chief of staff. He is also a sponsor of one of GOAL's pieces of legislation. Have no fear. Rep. Robertson is on your side. I never would have worked for his election campaign or contributed to his war chest if I thought otherwise.

Edit: Just to add to the above: Our members would be wise to get out there and meet their legislative members. Rep. Robertson has office hours locally on occasion both during the day and in the evening. Go work for the good guys. Hold signs, pass out pamphlets, talk to neighbors. Get active.

Good to hear.
Thanks yanici

Anti-Jewish Legislation in Prewar Germany

During the first six years of Hitler's dictatorship, from 1933 until the outbreak of war in 1939, Jews felt the effects of more than 400 decrees and regulations that restricted all aspects of their public and private lives. Many of those laws were national ones that had been issued by the German administration and affected all Jews. But state, regional, and municipal officials, on their own initiative, also promulgated a barrage of exclusionary decrees in their own communities. Thus, hundreds of individuals in all levels of government throughout the country were involved in the persecution of Jews as they conceived, discussed, drafted, adopted, enforced, and supported anti-Jewish legislation.

Many Germans who had not practiced Judaism or who had not done so for years found themselves caught in the grip of Nazi terror. Even people with Jewish grandparents who had converted to Christianity could be defined as Jews.

Jews were required to register their domestic and foreign property and assets, a prelude to the gradual expropriation of their material wealth by the state.

The government required Jews to identify themselves in ways that would permanently separate them from the rest of the population.
----------------------
https://www.stephenhalbrook.com/article-nazilaw.pdf

The record establishes that a well-meaning liberal republic would enact a gun control act that would later be highly useful to a dictatorship. That dictatorship could then consolidate its power by massive search and seizure operations against political opponents, under the hysterical ruse that such persons were “Communist” firearm owners. It could enact its own new firearms law, disarming anyone the police deemed “dangerous” and exempting members of the party that controlled the state. It could exploit a tragic shooting of a government official to launch a pogrom, under the guise that Jewish firearm owners were dangerous and must be disarmed. This dictatorship could, generally, disarm the people of the nation it governed and then disarm those of every nation it conquered.

Last edited:
Anti-Jewish Legislation in Prewar Germany

During the first six years of Hitler's dictatorship, from 1933 until the outbreak of war in 1939, Jews felt the effects of more than 400 decrees and regulations that restricted all aspects of their public and private lives. Many of those laws were national ones that had been issued by the German administration and affected all Jews. . . .

While very factual, for today's hearings labeling the activity "Nazi" isn't going to resonate with lawmakers. It is too alarmist and instantly shuts off the listener to rationale thinking. The Holocaust is nothing like what is happening in Massachusetts.

And please let's not turn this important GOAL alert into a Hitler thread

While very factual, for today's hearings labeling the activity "Nazi" isn't going to resonate with lawmakers. It is too alarmist and instantly shuts off the listener to rationale thinking. The Holocaust is nothing like what is happening in Massachusetts.

And please let's not turn this important GOAL alert into a Hitler thread

Who is talking about Holocaust here?

Please, read the enclosed materials before making silly statements. Read this especially:

History is teaching us that what Massachusetts plans to discuss today was already done and it resulted in a disaster.
By the way, this was done under Nazis and under communists also.

Nobody is telling you to go over there and discuss Holocaust or Nazis.

Who is talking about Holocaust here?

Please, read the enclosed materials before making silly statements. Read this especially:

History is teaching us that what Massachusetts plans to discuss today was already done and it resulted in a disaster.
By the way, this was done under Nazis and under communists also.

Nobody is telling you to go over there and discuss Holocaust or Nazis.

Don't disagree, but maybe you might want to start a separate thread. Your post says nothing about the GOAL alert and isn't relevant here.

I can't make the meeting today, kids to school, then horseback, football and band. I could get there for 10 and have to leave at noon, I know I'll never be heard. This is the rough draft for the letter I'm sending to people on the committee (need find to the names) and my representative /senator.

***********************************************************************************

Dear (Insert name of useless pol here),

In the past I have been to hearings in Worcester and Springfield, I have met one on one with legislators at the local, state and federal level and I also have attended rallies in Boston. All to voice my displeasure and opposition to proposed gun laws as well as anti-constitutional edicts and interpretations. It seems these do no good, as we are constantly back to infringing on law abiding citizens constitutionally protected Second Amendment Rights while criminals are released; even convicted felons forbidden from firearms possession that use yet another firearm in the commission of yet another crime.

I am tired of this 'Mother May I' game we do around a Constitutionally Protect Right. It takes two to play a game, I will no longer play.

To make it simple, I WILL NOT COMPLY. If you pass a mandatory turn in of semiautomatic firearms or magazines holding more than 10 rounds, I will not comply. If you pass mandatory inspections of my home and property simply because I legally own firearms, I will not allow the inspection. If you pass mandatory liability insurance for licensed firearms owners, I will not obtain it.

I already submit to background checks, unwritten 'suitability' tests, pay $100 for a license to exercise a constitutionally protected right; and yet by the hearing of 8/28/2019 it's still not enough. All of this before I can even buy a gun, with another federal level background check through NICS.

I also note how the firearm, magazine or other inanimate object seems to be the issue; not the person using the object. To follow this to it's logical conclusion, I trust that all these laws apply equally to law enforcement personnel both on and off duty. After all, if the gun is 'only made for killing large amounts of people' and 'no one needs 30 round magazines'; then of course we don't want the police killing large amounts of people and they don't need 30 round magazines either.

Sincerely,

GM-GUY

A Law Abiding, Tax Paying, Life Long Citizen of Massachusetts that will no longer comply.

*********************************************************************************************

Anyone may feel free to use any portion of the above either edited or as is.

I'll be sending hard copies - not email.

Last edited:
So, was any legislation passed as a result of all this? Or, are there any upcoming votes to be aware of?

Is there a list of all Committee members with addresses? Are they still accepting written testimony?

Thanks.

So, was any legislation passed as a result of all this? Or, are there any upcoming votes to be aware of?

Is there a list of all Committee members with addresses? Are they still accepting written testimony?

Thanks.
The legislation hasn't even been voted on by the committee yet. As usual, they will wait until the last minute of the current session then dump it on us and pass what they want through.

As to testimony, yes, you can still submit written testimony, as long as they have it, you can submit it to them.

Here's a link to the committee so you can look up their contact info: https://malegislature.gov/Committees/Detail/J22

Back
Top Bottom