• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GOAL BoD Elections

Got the email from GOAL and saw the names - we all did a good job.
Thank you for stepping up to the plate and helping make GOAL a better organization.

Very happy and looking forward to helping as much as I can also.

From the Friday News;

Congratulations to our new Board Members!
Jim Finnerty, Joe Currie, Steve Moysey, and Mike Anthony.

Here is the current list of GOAL Board of Directors:

Term up in 2013
David LaRosa
John Beaumont
Peter McBride
John Sklenak
Gary Wilk

Term up in 2014
Jay Beard
Steve Moysey
Wendy Parsons
Joe Currie
Michael Anthony
Jim Finnerty
Please note: The new BoD will convene for the first time on 4/23/12 to vote on the new officers of the GOAL BoD. Therefore this list is likely to change as some of the directors listed above may become officers of the board. Vacancies will be filled by the Board that evening.

Congrats to all the new BOD's.

Therefore this list is likely to change as some of the directors listed above may become officers of the board. Vacancies will be filled by the Board that evening.

This is very troubling to me and I would urge caution. According to the bylaws (Article VII, Section 6) vacancies on the board are filled from votes in the preceding election. That means that at least in theory someone who got a single write-in vote in the election could be next in line for a board position. Is that really what we want?

I would urge our new board to look outside the boardroom for new officers rather than cannibalizing the current board.

Also who took Chris's spot on the board and when was that vacancy filled? (And was it filled according to Article VII, Section 6?)

Last edited:
jasons:2330611 said:
Therefore this list is likely to change as some of the directors listed above may become officers of the board. Vacancies will be filled by the Board that evening.

This is very troubling to me and I would urge caution. According to the bylaws (Article VII, Section 6) vacancies on the board are filled from votes in the preceding election. That means that at least in theory someone who got a single write-in vote in the election could be next in line for a board position. Is that really what we want?

I would urge our new board to look outside the boardroom for new officers rather than cannibalizing the current board.

Also who took Chris's spot on the board and when was that vacancy filled? (And was it filled according to Article VII, Section 6?)
Jason, I think I would be next up with two write in votes. :)

Jason, I think I would be next up with two write in votes. :)

Can you be on the BoD and an employee at the same time? (And who's after you, since it seems there's already an open spot...)

Last edited:

After re-reading the bylaws, they specifically say that vacancies are filled by the "nominee" with the next highest number of votes. I don't think write-ins are technically nominees according to the bylaws since they didn't get the 20 signatures required for nomination.

Back
Top Bottom