GOAL BoD Elections

My thanks to all the NES folks who voted for me. I look forward to doing as much as possible to help GOAL protect and enhance our 2nd ammendment rights. Please contact me via email if you have any questions, concerns and hopefully with lots of advice! ([email protected]).

Best,
Mike

RESULTS:

The importance of voting is displayed here, only 15% of the possible voters actually voted. This also tells how strong the NES vote was:

​As is required by Article VII Section 7 of the GOAL Bylaws I am hereby notifying you of the results of the recent election for members of the Board of Directors. Ballot Counting Chairperson Lynne Roberts and 6 volunteers, none of whom were seeking election at this time, conducted the tabulations at the GOAL Corporate Headquarters on April 11, 2012. There was a total of 1075 ballots received of which 2 were disqualified because too many names were checked off and 2 were rejected because they were not on the proper ballot form. The following listing is in ranking order and contains the total certified number of votes cast for each individual.

Jay Beard​880

​Steve Moysey ​868

​Wendy Parsons​776

​Mike Donnelly​752

​Don Kusser​747

Joe Currie​724

​Michael Anthony​720

​Jim Finnerty​611

​George Ministeri​4(Write in)

​Judy Candage, Mike Sweeney, L Crow, and D Crow received 2 write in votes each. H Vandoloski, R Cooper and M Yacino received one write in vote each.

Donnelly & Kusser declined to accept the positions

Any other changes? I couldn't make it because of junior rifle.

Ross? As in....

yup. With Jay becoming President and J Candage giving up her Treasurer position, that opened up two spots on the board. One was filled by a recommendation of Jim Wallace, Mike Webster. The other with Ross' recommendation by Chris. Ross had previously run for the position and had fulfilled the requirements.

Last edited by a moderator:
Palladin said:
yup. With Jay becoming President and J Candage giving up her Treasurer position, that opened up two spots on the board. One was filled by a recommendation of Jim Wallace, Mike Webster. The other with Ross' recommendation by Chris. Ross had previously run for the position and had fulfilled the requirements.
NES now has 5 Board members of 12, along with Chris as Sect/Treas and Jay as President. [smile]

Who wants to run next year, there will be 6 positions open ??

What about Chris's spot (since he was elevated to secretary prior to the most recent elections?)

Edit: Are you saying that Chris is serving as both secretary and treasurer?

Last edited:
Congrats Ross. How'd that happen?
Thanks, Adam! As to how... read on.

Ross? As in....
C'est moi!

What about Chris's spot (since he was elevated to secretary prior to the most recent elections?)

Edit: Are you saying that Chris is serving as both secretary and treasurer?
Chris was elected as Secretary so his spot on the BOD was vacant. Because I was on the ballot last year I already fulfilled the requirements of being nominated.

And unless I missed something last night, Chris is not Treasurer. (as a former Secretary of my Masonic Lodge, I can quite understand this - Secretary is a HUGE job! Adding on to that, especially when Chris has two small kids at home, would be too much work for one person, really, unless he's retired.)

Thanks, Adam! As to how... read on.

C'est moi!

Chris was elected as Secretary so his spot on the BOD was vacant. Because I was on the ballot last year I already fulfilled the requirements of being nominated.

And unless I missed something last night, Chris is not Treasurer. (as a former Secretary of my Masonic Lodge, I can quite understand this - Secretary is a HUGE job! Adding on to that, especially when Chris has two small kids at home, would be too much work for one person, really, unless he's retired.)

I wasn't a math major, but if you filled Chris's spot and Mike Webster filled Judy's spot then there is still one spot open.

Also if I'm not mistaken Adam was next in line for Chris's spot (not counting Joe who was elected this year) based on last year's election results. Did Adam decline or is he filling the open spot?

This really shouldn't be so confusing....

This sounds like "who's on first" but otherwise sounds like good news. Is GOAL going to post a complete list of the new BOD/officers once the dust settles?

-Mike

From facebook:
Congratulations to our new Board of Directors and Officers!
President: Jay Beard
1st VP: Lynne Roberts
2nd VP: David Tetzloff
Treasurer: Lynne Roberts
Secretary: Christopher Siano

Term up in 2014
Ross Schacher
Steve Moysey
Wendy Parsons
Joe Currie
Michael Anthony
Jim Finnerty

Term up in 2013
David LaRosa
John Beaumont
Peter McBride
John Sklenak
Gary Wilk
Mark Jester

- Jim Wallace has a nice office with an executive washroom/shower (really!!). No, GOAL did not spend member money for this feature - it's just how the building came - but it will provide a very convenient way for Jim to freshen up when he gets the phone call that Deval is on his way over for a meeting about gun law reform.

maybe Jim should invite Deval over for some one on one shower time.....
clearly a much more friendly invitation than gun talk....

Also if I'm not mistaken Adam was next in line for Chris's spot (not counting Joe who was elected this year) based on last year's election results. Did Adam decline or is he filling the open spot?

This really shouldn't be so confusing....

Adam and Ross (and others) ran in last year's election, not the most recent one.

Keep in mind that the officers are not BoD members.

Judy was an officer, not a BoD member, so her resignation did not create a vacancy on the BoD, but it did create an opening at Treasurer. Jay Beard was elected President (officer), so his spot on the BoD became open, and Chris Siano was officially elected Secretary (officer), which created the second vacancy. Chris had previously filled in at Secretary for Nancy Snow (who resigned) on an interim basis until after the elections. He officially took the position last night.

Lynne Roberts, in addition to being 1st VP, will also serve as Treasurer.

The bylaws state that any open spaces on the BoD should be filled by nominees from the most recent election or by people nominated by the BoD. Since every nominee from the most recent election (that was willing to serve) was already on the BoD, the BoD had the option to pick anybody to fill the vacancies.

Ross was nominated by a BoD member, as was Mark Jester (not Mike Webster). Mark is a former GOAL employee and was highly recommended by the people that know him.

If any two of you had run this year, you'd be on the BoD right now. The old saying is right: 80% of life is just showing up.

Thanks for the clarification Jim, even to me it was looking like a seat shuffle !

Which gets back to what I asked earlier, 'who's in for 2013?'

Thanks for the clarification Jim. I hope this improved level of communication is a sign of things to come.

Especially since he's so involved in the NES community. Member since 2007, with 39 posts. Me thinks he has something to gain thru Goal, rather than what's good for the gun owning community as a whole. It's obvious he doesn't take NES seriously as a voting block either. Let's leave the status quo, rather than inject new blood with renewed invigoration for the 2A community.

Sometimes posters with less to say actually have more to say, than those with many post that have nothing useful to say....[pot] Give the guy a break...

Last edited:
Sometimes posters with less to say actually have more to say, than those with many post that have nothing useful to say....[pot] Give the guy a break...

Sometimes, but not this time. I have a strong suspicion that "Henry Bowman" was actually Mike Yacino, Jr. (I don't think we'll see him around here again.)

Sometimes, but not this time. I have a strong suspicion that "Henry Bowman" was actually Mike Yacino, Jr. (I don't think we'll see him around here again.)

Likely,

It's also sad and troubling that he believes ""the basic right of firearms ownership for competition, recreation and self-protection" that the 2nd Amendment gives us."

Someone "leading" a gun rights org should have a much clearer view of a natural right that is inherent to being human and happens to be protected by the enumeration in the 2A.

It does not surprise me though, as I have met many a fudd that is fine with things like mandatory training, discretionary licensing and lifetime prohibitions. Chapter 180 was likely written by one of these "gun owners" using "common sense."

the point of view is that as long as "they" get to have their guns, it a framework that violates the rights of most is okay.

I'm very happy to see the "new and improved" GOAL emerging. Hopefully they will be far less compromise, and we will see more clarity in the fight to outright repeal bad legislation, without substitution.

Back
Top Bottom