• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GOAL Elections

Palladin

NES Member
It's that time of year again, the GOAL Elections! The bylaws were modified to create smoother rotation of the directors at large; Goal members were notified of this in last month's Goal news. There are four positions open, for terms of 3 years each; Candidates are:

Michael Concannon
Bruce Hall
Gary Wilk
Joseph Currie

I urge all voting members to support this ballot [thumbsup]

Your ballot must be received at the Goal office by 5pm on February 11, 2014

Joe, when did the ballots go out? I haven't gotten one yet. This is a surprise because I usually try to make it down to GOAL to stuff the envelopes for this mailing.

I got mine today, it was tucked into the print edition of the goal newsletter. I usually get the newsletter online, so they may be sending everyone a print edition with the ballot.

I got mine today, it was tucked into the print edition of the goal newsletter. I usually get the newsletter online, so they may be sending everyone a print edition with the ballot.

this. in fact I emailed Tara because I never receive the print paper. She replied:..'check and see if there's a ballot in there..'

yup.

It's rigged, I tell ya! Directions say to vote for four and there are four candidates up for election. I'm writing in David Linsky!

No envelope or ballot in mine, but if this is the case who cares as the election is irrelevant. I did send Tara an Email but in it I told her that if it was merely 4 for 4 she need not send me a ballot.

I thought Mike Concannon had won a seat last year? Is he up for re-election?

Page 3 of the November issue, http://goal.org/newspaper/GOAL-November2013.pdf
explains the change in structure to the BOD, and the terms of the Directors.

GOAL B.O.D. Note
Please note, on November 14, 2013 the Board of Directors voted to
change the duration of terms and voting cycle. Going forward, Directors
and Officers will serve a 3 year term. Names were picked out of a hat to
decide who would appear on each ballot for the next three years. Please
see above in the left column for the new structure.

I'm glad I read this thread. I saw the print edition came in the mail and I was wondering why I got it (I signed up of the electronic edition when I went to life membership).

I did not find mine in my print edition.

See Post #6

From the response I got back from Tara:

- She said I should have received it (Life member for >10 years, member since 1978 per GOAL records).
- Either there was an error at the printers or it fell out in the postal system.
- In any case she confirmed that there were only 4 people running for 4 seats. Therefore it is guaranteed that everyone running wins and whether we cast a ballot or not isn't really going to matter.
- Therefore I told Tara to not worry about the error and I don't want/expect them to re-send me a ballot (waste of staff time/postage).

You may feel differently, but that is my opinion on the matter.

Thank you Len for the information.

See Post #6

From the response I got back from Tara:

- She said I should have received it (Life member for >10 years, member since 1978 per GOAL records).
- Either there was an error at the printers or it fell out in the postal system.
- In any case she confirmed that there were only 4 people running for 4 seats. Therefore it is guaranteed that everyone running wins and whether we cast a ballot or not isn't really going to matter.
- Therefore I told Tara to not worry about the error and I don't want/expect them to re-send me a ballot (waste of staff time/postage).

You may feel differently, but that is my opinion on the matter.

Back
Top Bottom