• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GOAL Files Duty to Retreat Bill – With a Twist

GOAL

NES Member
The Second Amendment civil rights community has seen an increased attack via bills being filed across the country. Among these are bills that are being referred to as “duty to retreat bills”. These bills represent an organized effort to make it illegal to defend ourselves, especially in our own home. Many years ago, Massachusetts had such a law. In GOAL’s effort to expand on our ability to defend ourselves, we are filing our own Duty to Retreat bill – with a twist.

One of GOAL’s new bills for 2021 actually places the responsibility to retreat on the criminal. The bill, An Act Relative to Protecting Domestic Violence Victims filed by Representative Alyson Sullivan, would mandate that anyone breaking and entering and finds the dwelling to be occupied must immediately retreat. Failure to retreat would result in forfeiting any rights to civil or criminal action against the legal occupants. A further section of the bill would add a five year additional sentence if a minor is present during the criminal action.
Victims of violent breaking and entering, especially domestic violence situations, should be able to defend themselves without fear of prosecution or civil action. Self-defense is a human right and it is past time that the government recognizes that.

The bill has not yet been assigned a bill number. Eventually GOAL will have a complete listing of the bills we are supporting and opposing on our website.

Please consider making a donation to GOAL.

1611775395608.png 1611775413633.png

While I applaud GOAL and every effort they make for us in the damn state this has the same level of passing as all of us did wining the Mega Bucks drawing.

I will remain a loyal GOAL member.

There's zero chance of this passing! It's a solid piece of legislation, but no way this will be put into law.
While I understand your frustration with pro-2A laws not being passed in this state, I don’t think it’s a good idea to discredit the efforts led by GOAL. They've done a LOT of good things over the years when nobody else steps up.

Last edited:
Love it. I also can’t waite to here the logic as to why the legal occupant would be required to retreat instead of the criminal.
Was it 10 years ago the state house wanted firearms inspections for gun owners but it was thwarted when it was suggested they just had to inspect criminals guns?

This bill might as well be DOA, but I hope it opens up a conversation, and not a Maura conversation where you just get scolded like a f***in 12 year old with no actual conversing, but a positive back and forth.

There's zero chance of this passing! It's a solid piece of legislation, but no way this will be put into law.
Actually... I think this one has more legs.

That twist is in the common sense line.

The twist is everything here.

Launch a vote on Facebook about whether criminals should leave a house if it's occupied by a child. (Home Alone bill)

Get some instant buy-in.

Heck, I could see this getting legs way over state. ..

This Is The Home Alone Bill.

Keep going after them GOAL. I’m glad I’m a member and will continue to support your efforts.

What happens if your plan involves locking the burglar in the house so you can toy with him a bit...
2wpfhv.png

While I understand your frustration with pro-2A laws not being passed in this state, I don’t think it’s a good idea to discredit the efforts led by GOAL. They've done a LOT of good things over the years when nobody else steps up.
I'm not dismissing it as a valid effort.

I think it's great they're fighting for 2A rights in the state, but i've given up with anything positive related to 2A in this state long ago (regarding getting 2A positive bills passed).

However, GOAL has kept certain legislation from passing in the first place (which is a great thing). I have donated $ to their organization in the past, and plan to continue to do so.

I'm not dismissing it as a valid effort.

I think it's great they're fighting for 2A rights in the state, but i've given up with anything positive related to 2A in this state long ago (regarding getting 2A positive bills passed).

However, GOAL has kept certain legislation from passing in the first place (which is a great thing). I have donated $ to their organization in the past, and plan to continue to do so.
Ya but bring a member is more consistent for them and budget reasons.
When it’s all gone who will YOU bitch at or with?

Back
Top Bottom