GOAL RALLY 7/23 @10AM - State House, be there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthRevan

NES Member
I've seen some posts on bookface for tomorrow and murmurings of one on Saturday? What's the plan?
Edit:
GOAL Protest - Saturday July 23 10AM
Front steps of the State House

Last edited:
5pm.....on a thursday......are you ****ing kidding me........this is why we will lose, every. Single. time.

No one is willing to even take time out of ****ing work to stand up for their rights. I'll be sure to order 500 gallons of lube for everyone

5pm.....on a thursday......are you ****ing kidding me........this is why we will lose, every. Single. time.

No one is willing to even take time out of ****ing work to stand up for their rights. I'll be sure to order 500 gallons of lube for everyone

Gotta say I sort of agree with HK on this.

I went to the last protest on Boston Common and then we went to the State House. The gathering on the common was ok - but the State House piece seemed like a shit show to me, people went in - wandered around - and then started straggling out. I didn't see much accomplished.

A few random people protesting on Boston Common on a Thursday afternoon may not do much. If 5000 people show up - that might be something.

Do you think that many will show up?

I won't be one of 100.

People need to get serious.

And organizing a Rally on FACEBOOK ! no

Yeah that's terrible timing. Short notice, hard to get into the city at that time, nowhere to park, etc.

Like I said in my other thread, that time was chosen by people who value one day of work over their constitutional rights
I have no problem taking time off from work so make the rally earlier. But when I wake up and see a Facebook event (I don't even check FB in the morning before work but saw the event here) for this afternoon... that's difficult to attend.

I have no problem taking time off from work so make the rally earlier. But when I wake up and see a Facebook event (I don't even check FB in the morning before work but saw the event here) for this afternoon... that's difficult to attend.

Yeah. No ones gonna show. Not to mention all the govt people we are trying to rally in front of are half way home by 5.

Minute Men, now replaced by "Week Men"......

Everyone needs to slow down and stop for a minute. I can appreciate everyone wanting to do something but we should all really follow the lead of goal.

If everyone starts trying to organize rallies they are going to turn into tiny little gatherings with no real message.

Everyone needs to slow down and stop for a minute. I can appreciate everyone wanting to do something but we should all really follow the lead of goal.

If everyone starts trying to organize rallies they are going to turn into tiny little gatherings with no real message.
I agree. We need to form in large numbers.

I agree. We need to form in large numbers.

When I tried with the "it's time" movement it was extremely hard and even harder to get people to agree. The best advice I can give is to stop this for a moment and get in touch with goal. Let them be the leadership and act as their foot soldier to help rally support.

I don't see how a rally can hurt. The only message it pushes is "we don't like your BS" - we aren't going there to propose legislative changes, which I agree would be best left for GOAL.

I'd MUCH rather see a Rally at the AG's House in Charlestown.

Even a couple of hundred screaming and blocking traffic would piss off her Neighbors.

Posted on FB by GOAL:

Rally Against Rogue MA Attorney GeneralGOAL RALLY at MA State House – Front Steps - Saturday July 23, 2016 - 10:00 AM
Join us!
Rally against rogue actions by MA Attorney General Maura Healey, who decided to make hundreds of thousands of law-abiding gun owners “felons in waiting” via her sneak attack action posted this week while the legislature was away.
This Saturday, July 23rd the MA Legislature will be in a rare weekend special session to handle other matters – plan to be at the State House at 10:00 AM
Make your voice heard – Meet with your legislators – Protest the anti–freedom actions of Attorney General Healey.
Also, please note! CALL your legislator TODAY and urge them to join us against the rogue actions of AG Healey.
http://blog.goal.org/ra/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom