• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GOAL Response To AG Healey’s Actions - Rally Sat 7/23 @ 10:00 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

EddieCoyle

Consigliere
NES Member
Massachusetts Attorney General Unilaterally Changes Gun Laws

http://www.mass.gov/ago/public-safety/awbe.html

Without any prior notice or public hearings and while the legislature is on break for national conventions the Massachusetts Attorney General, Maura Healey, has issued an “Enforcement Notice” to firearm retailers throughout the Commonwealth of Massachusetts changing the longstanding definition of so-called “Assault Weapons”.

For nearly 18 years since the passage of the 1998 Gun Control Act firearm retailers, gun owners and state agencies have been operating under the same interpretation. Now, suddenly, without warning or any due process a single person with a clear political agenda decides to change the rules. All Massachusetts residents should be alarmed!

GOAL is currently trying to decipher the enforcement letter, but with as much information that it contains, it is not very clear what it means. Statements such as the following make it very convoluted: “… a weapon is a Copy or Duplicate, for example, if the operating system and firing mechanism of the weapon are based on or otherwise substantially similar to one of the Enumerated Weapons.”

Virtually every semi-automatic that utilizes a detachable magazine has the same operating system or firing mechanism, so what does this mean? The short answer is we simply don’t know. Our best advice to firearm retailers for now is to err on the side of caution. These new rules may cover a lot more than just what we might think.

GOAL is working with people and groups around the State and the nation to clarify these new interpretations and decide the best course of action. One thing is certain that this new interpretation is purely a political stunt and has nothing to do with public safety or real law.

Jim Wallace
Executive Director

Everyone should know that this Healey thing is a political stunt that came out of nowhere. The 2A-friendly legislators knew nothing about this before it happened, and they are pissed.

So what do we do now?

One thing that won't help: Petitioning Charlie Baker to overturn it. Contact him and let him know your feelings, but keep in mind he doesn't have the authority to overrule the AG.

This has to be fought in the courts, and by the legislature - which would have to create laws that would limit the power of the AG's office. Both will take time.

In the short term, we need to continue to contact the Governor and our Legislators to express our disapproval.

When the time comes, we will gather and make our voices heard.

I don't for sure know when that will be, but I ask that you all try to keep Saturday open.

EDIT:

IT'S ON!

Rally Against Rogue MA Attorney General
GOAL RALLY at MA State House – Front Steps - Saturday July 23, 2016 - 10:00 AM
Join us!
Rally against rogue actions by MA Attorney General Maura Healey, who decided to make hundreds of thousands of law-abiding gun owners “felons in waiting” via her sneak attack action posted this week while the legislature was away.
This Saturday, July 23rd the MA Legislature will be in a rare weekend special session to handle other matters – plan to be at the State House at 10:00 AM
Make your voice heard – Meet with your legislators – Protest the anti–freedom actions of Attorney General Healey.
Also, please note! CALL your legislator TODAY and urge them to join us against the rogue actions of AG Healey.
http://blog.goal.org/ra/

Cn5xG1uUEAAMT6u.jpg:large

Last edited by a moderator:
This Saturday is open for me. Not sure what good the weekend will do but I will be there.

Last edited:
I will keep any day open to gather..... this is such bullshit.

We need to band together like never before. She is trying to single handily remove my right to protect myself and my family. She is provoking us and thinks we'll sit still and silent.

if we are going to gather we should advertise it so we can get as many people as possible. I would kick in some cash for that.

if we are going to gather we should advertise it so we can get as many people as possible. I would kick in some cash for that.
Pump the brakes here. We don't want to be trees falling in the forest with no one around to hear.

Stay tuned. We'll know more soon.

We'll definitely gather, it's just a matter of where and when, and we want to make sure we get maximum exposure.

Pump the brakes here. We don't want to be trees falling in the forest with no one around to hear.

Stay tuned. We'll know more soon.

We'll definitely gather, it's just a matter of where and when, and we want to make sure we get maximum exposure.

Hold on tomorrow?

Everyone should know that this Healey thing is a political stunt that came out of nowhere. The 2A-friendly legislators knew nothing about this before it happened, and they are pissed.

So what do we do now?

One thing that won't help: Petitioning Charlie Baker to overturn it. Contact him and let him know your feelings, but keep in mind he doesn't have the authority to overrule the AG.

This has to be fought in the courts, and by the legislature - which would have to create laws that would limit the power of the AG's office. Both will take time.

In the short term, we need to continue to contact the Governor and our Legislators to express our disapproval.

When the time comes, we will gather and make our voices heard.

I don't for sure know when that will be, but I ask that you all try to keep Saturday open.

Just let us know when you need us in advance so we can get there. That is all.

So why can't GOAL go to federal court tomorrow morning and petition for an immediate injunction of the AG's enforcement notice?

Hold on tomorrow?

I don't know what you mean by this. Is there a thing tomorrow? I don't mean to get in the way of anything.

By all means, exercise your 1st Amendment rights (while you still can). If you've got something in the works for tomorrow, do it.

All I can say is that at some point soon, probably on very short notice, we are going to have the opportunity to have our voices heard by the people that can make a difference, and we need to come out in droves, and I hope we can count on all of you here.

The change.org petition that FOLLOWS the Gadsden flag petition has a statehouse rally scheduled for tomorrow, 1300 signed, y'all might want to take a look at that........

Coincidentally, House and Senate both have session on Saturday and possibly Sunday as well. In the past, protesting in front of an empty building has been an issue in terms of making sure that the message is heard by the right people. In this case it seems to be the perfect opportunity to express disapproval.

So why can't GOAL go to federal court tomorrow morning and petition for an immediate injunction of the AG's enforcement notice?

I don't know.

There are people with way more legal savvy than you and me working on this, and if it was this easy, they'd be all over it. They're not, so it can't be this easy.

The change.org petition that FOLLOWS the Gadsden flag petition has a statehouse rally scheduled for tomorrow, 1300 signed, y'all might want to take a look at that........

Do it. There won't be anyone there, but don't let that dampen your enthusiasm.

WHY THE **** ARE GUN OWNERS ALWAYS LOOKING FOR CONVENIENT TIMES TO PROTEST WHAT THE FLYING ****! I'm so ****ing sick of this, we do NOTHING to stand up for ourselves.

"I'm gonna vote for a pro 2a candidate!"

"lets rally on a saturday!"

"lets be super peaceful and explain our sides!"

What the **** people, WAKE UP! The only thing left is confiscation at this point. What the **** are you gonna do then!??! I'm not saying we storm the statehouse and burn it down, but jesus christ, when the **** are you all gonna be willing to take time out of your lives to actually fight for your rights?!?!

Before anyone calls my bluff, you name the time and the place and I'll be there. I don't care about the day, the time, I don't give a ****. I'll walk right the **** out of my job. I'm done playing nice.

WHY THE **** ARE GUN OWNERS ALWAYS LOOKING FOR CONVENIENT TIMES TO PROTEST WHAT THE FLYING ****! I'm so ****ing sick of this, we do NOTHING to stand up for ourselves.

"I'm gonna vote for a pro 2a candidate!"

"lets rally on a saturday!"

"lets be super peaceful and explain our sides!"

What the **** people, WAKE UP! The only thing left is confiscation at this point. What the **** are you gonna do then!??! I'm not saying we storm the statehouse and burn it down, but jesus christ, when the **** are you all gonna be willing to take time out of your lives to actually fight for your rights?!?!

Before anyone calls my bluff, you name the time and the place and I'll be there. I don't care about the day, the time, I don't give a ****. I'll walk right the **** out of my job. I'm done playing nice.

Deep breath Dude.

Deep breath Dude.

I'm sorry man I'm just so angry. I'm discouraged beyond belief as well. I'll never forget when I attempted to get people to rally during the day just before we testified at the statehouse. I have never felt so defeated in my life. I still feel immense amounts of regret for even attempting to get involved, and so when this stuff hits us again I get so mad. I just want to shake everyone and drag them to the statehouse kicking and screaming.

I don't know.

There are people with way more legal savvy than you and me working on this, and if it was this easy, they'd be all over it. They're not, so it can't be this easy.

you are absolutely right. GOAL and COMM2A are totally on this I am sure. But they have a lot of corners to look in and rugs to lift to get their ducks in a row before they make a move. This shocked them as much as anyone else so we shouldn't be so quick to throw them under the bus for not doing something today. They will do it and when they do they will be armed with the right data and fact of law.

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't the legislation on vacation right now?

Yes. She picked her time carefully.

a true sign of a coward.

Since someone reported your post, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you might be doing it wrong, but I appreciate your fanaticism.

[rofl] good let the butthurt rain down lol.

I know, I know. I'm just mad, I couldn't drag a 5 year old, let alone some 50 year old fat FUDD.....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom