• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GOAL's Candidate Ratings Page is up for the Nov 8 MA elections

Acujeff

NES Member
GOAL's Candidate Ratings Page is up for the Nov 8 MA elections

http://goal.org/candidate-ratings.html

click on:
• U.S. Congress
• MA Statewide
• MA House of Representatives
• MA Senate

and all the incumbants and candidates and their ratings will pop up. Vote pro-2A rights.

Apparently all but one of our US congressman get an F, so it's not like GOAL is afraid to hand them out. So what's the deal with Maura? Are we trying to play nice in the hope that she changes her mind? Would love to hear the reasoning on this.

1. Do you recognize that the Second Amendment is a fundamental natural right of all law
abiding American citizens to keep and bear arms?

Anyone that answers "No" to this should be granted an instant 0%.

Good God......I saw too that Maura Healy is a D- !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe because she's letting us have handguns and bolt actions?
shrug_n.gif

OK so you don't know either.[smile]

I think GOAL is just being a little confusing. They're putting questionnaire scores in a "GOAL Rating" column, and using grades for some legislators and percentage scores in others. So their rating for a given legislator might be a grade, or it might be a score.

Apparently all but one of our US congressman get an F, so it's not like GOAL is afraid to hand them out. So what's the deal with Maura? Are we trying to play nice in the hope that she changes her mind? Would love to hear the reasoning on this.

Look at it again. The 100% rating is for a challenger. All of the incumbents (D's) have F's.

Look at it again. The 100% rating is for a challenger. All of the incumbents (D's) have F's.

So candidates with legislative experience (incumbents I guess) get a letter grade, and challengers get their score on the questionnaire posted?

At least somebody has finally taken down Healey's D- rating.

edit - I see the explanation now, on the US Congress page only, but not others. Maybe GOAL is updating it to include the explanation as we type.

Last edited:
Tim Toomey, D-Cambridge, sponsor of H2188 which was a dumpster fire of bad ideas (handgun insurance, increasing BFS classes to 20 hours, smartguns, etc) lost his primary race last Thursday. The new guy will probably be no better but he doesn't even mention forearms on his lengthy list of issues.

Yep, they are not the best and brightest organization around, but all we have to go on now (and yes, I did donate $5 and bought a shrinking t shirt).

Thanks

So candidates with legislative experience (incumbents I guess) get a letter grade, and challengers get their score on the questionnaire posted?

At least somebody has finally taken down Healey's D- rating.

I imagine that the incumbents get rated on their past performance and support of pro-/anti-gun legislation while challengers have to settle for the questionnaire.

Tim Toomey, D-Cambridge, sponsor of H2188 which was a dumpster fire of bad ideas (handgun insurance, increasing BFS classes to 20 hours, smartguns, etc) lost his primary race last Thursday. The new guy will probably be no better but he doesn't even mention forearms on his lengthy list of issues.

I know someone who was working on the campaign. I can guarantee you he's full of terrible ideas, and not just for guns.

Back
Top Bottom