Going for my RI Non-Res CCW permit through Woonsocket PD

I am confused, where did you actually finally apply too? A city Pd or the state AG? If you applied with the a city PD, which one?

EGPD...Though they, among other 2A friendly( 0r Law compliant) jurisdictions are seeing a many month if not hard stop on new (and I assume) renewal applications. My kid just moved from MA to NS RI. Wants to apply...We'll see what happens there...

Just my $.02...

Woonsocket no longer requires annual qualification because it’s not legal.

a former WPD permit holder challenged them on this. He told them he didnt care about their feelings or their personal wishes.

they said they would “suspend” his permit; which is unlawful due to the Capwell case due to 11-47-13.

He walked into the Pd and said that he’s lawfully carrying and a permit couldn’t be suspended and annual qualification is not a thing. He told them to arrest him if he is breaking the law and if they are wrong that he was going to sue every individual who touched him or who was involved in the process in any manner.

That‘s when they backed down from their stupid annual qualification.

the qualification standard is abused statewide as the drafter of the standard back in 1959 told me that it was a one time thing as the statute doesn’t require it before this issuance of every license, it just has to be done once unless you want to upgrade calibers.

The 1 year time limit is arbitrary and made up. For active police, it’s 1 year ever year because the plain language of the statute requires such.

Back
Top Bottom