• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gold and silver prices are down

Ralph,

I appreciate you thinking of me but this one is a tad above my budget range. In fact the down payment on this coin is above my budget. In fact the down payment on the down payment on the down payment is a big stretch!

But what a cool coin!

:)

Rich, here is one for your collection:

A Gigantic Gold Coin Makes Its Way to Wall Street

A Gigantic Gold Coin Makes Its Way to Wall Street
Australian chunk of change weighs a metric ton and is worth about $45 million

Richard Hayes plans to leave a $45 million coin on the streets of Manhattan all day Tuesday, but he isn’t particularly worried about a thief carting it off.

The coin—with Queen Elizabeth’s profile pressed onto one side and a mid-hop kangaroo on the other—is beyond the wiles of the average pickpocket. It measures nearly 32 inches in diameter and is almost 5 inches thick.

Oh, and it weighs about 2,200 pounds. (That is more than 32,000 troy ounces, for the precious-metals buffs out there.)

Mr. Hayes is the chief executive of the Perth Mint, one of the world’s largest gold refiners. He flew to the U.S. from Australia with the world’s largest gold coin in tow, on a publicity tour for his exchange-traded fund.

Feds cut rates by 1/4 point to 2%. Below is an interesting document that compares the last Fed statement to this one, showing changes in their thinking.

Attachments

• Fed Compare July 2019.pdf
    12 KB · Views: 7
So gold dropped down to $1400.10 earlier today. And then our president announced even more tariffs on China. And gold hit a high of $1440!

Long Live Donald Trump!!!

:)

Buying opportunity today [cheers] I picked up some silver

I bought a gold coin and some silver dollars, glad I did cause after yesterday's massive $50 reversal, I'm even more convinced this gold rally is the big one, which will take us first to $1550, then $1700 and eventually new all time highs. The market seems to losing faith in the central banks, and that will cause gold to go to the moon.

Central banks know it, they're buying up physical gold like crazy.

I got the same. Just bought some gold at the highest ever price. Hope to get some eBay bucks out of it.

I dont think I ever got eBay bucks from buying gold though.

I can post some gold coins that qualify for Bucks. They're hard to find. I don't see any worth buying right now.

Nice find, picked one up last night.

Do you have like a special method for finding the coins that qualify for the bucks?

There's only two vendors really, mcm and Apmex. And mostly it's the same items so I just save the listings. Have not found an easy way to search.

To find deals with or without Bucks I check Apmex's deals page, and look at the EBay deals page and select either Trending or Coins categories.

Generally you won't if buying bullion coins or bars.

I've found pre 1933 gold coins with some numismatic value do in fact get eBay bucks. I've bought some PCGS rated gold coins for less than gold value on a couple occasions with eBay bucks.

pre 1933 us gold coins | eBay

I got the same. Just bought some gold at the highest ever price. Hope to get some eBay bucks out of it.

I dont think I ever got eBay bucks from buying gold though.

Bullion Exchange does as well. They'll sometimes send me an email with a list of their items earning eBay bucks.

There's only two vendors really, mcm and Apmex. And mostly it's the same items so I just save the listings. Have not found an easy way to search.

To find deals with or without Bucks I check Apmex's deals page, and look at the EBay deals page and select either Trending or Coins categories.

Here's a decent deal that qualifies for eBay bucks. PCGS rated MS-65 random date St Gaudens. 100 year old UNC gold coin with PM value for $100+ over spot price after $100 eBay bucks.

Depends on what you think the price of gold is going to do, I guess. But rare to see MS-65 at this kind of price differential.

US Gold $20 Saint-Gaudens Double Eagle - PCGS MS65 - Random Date | eBay

Back
Top Bottom