• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gold and silver prices are down

Maybe the correction is happening. Seems there are lots of profit takers today.

Gold is still holding onto $1805, if that gives way and we close the week much below $1800 then I think we'll have our correction.

It depends on the overall market unfortunately. If the S&P500 tanks it'll take gold and miners with it.

Gold is still holding onto $1805, if that gives way and we close the week much below $1800 then I think we'll have our correction.

It depends on the overall market unfortunately. If the S&P500 tanks it'll take gold and miners with it.
A slow burn today even though it’s not over yet but tomorrow should be an interesting close for the week.

Has anyone bought silver lately? Heard it’s tough to buy.

A month or two ago it was as rare as hens teeth. I remember looking at Apmex for silver bars. They might have one type in stock, or none at all. And the premiums over spot were big.

Things have settled some and there's more availability right now. 100 ounce bars are running $2150 to $2200 on average.

1 oz American Eagles are running about $25 each, over a $6 premium over spot per one ounce coin.

Has anyone bought silver lately? Heard it’s tough to buy.

I have a few PM dealer friends, so I can usually get an endless supply of premium stuff, but the generic has been harder to find. Prices vary obviously, but let me know how much you want. If I can put together a large enough order, I can probably get a pretty good price.

I ordered five 10 ounce silver bars out of JM Bullion on 7/2 at $1071.50 that is due to actually ship tomorrow. At the time, 10 ounce bars were the smallest available. I'd like to get more 1 ounce and 5 ounce bars, but not available right now.

How about Silver Eagle Monster boxes?

About $6 over spot per coin.

Gold Eagle is only $100 over spot, back to normal. Silver Eagle is $7 over spot, which is cause the Comex is suppressing silver prices during the shortage. They will soon have to let the silver price rise to $20, or else everyone will buy futures for $18 and ask for delivery of physical, which the banks will have to lose money on.

Last edited:
I ordered five 10 ounce silver bars out of JM Bullion on 7/2 at $1071.50 that is due to actually ship tomorrow. At the time, 10 ounce bars were the smallest available. I'd like to get more 1 ounce and 5 ounce bars, but not available right now.
Checked JM bullion 10 ounce bars a few minutes ago.....out of stock on Al but the damn 10 once skills 🤣

Gold finished the week a tad over $1800. Silver finished $18.85. still have about 100/1 ratio.

Very bullish, but I don't think it necessarily means we'll go straight to $1950 and $20 silver, we might just consolidate for a while, or if stocks sell off we could see a selloff. But both will just be temporary.

You can see today how silver is tied to the stock market. Eventually it'll break free from the stock market, and the monetary component of silver will dwarf the industrial component.

As if PMs weren't already undervalued enough, there are going to be more covid shutdowns, stimulus packages, QE continuation, etc. The only thing that would make the environment better for PMs is savvier investors [laugh]

As if PMs weren't already undervalued enough, there are going to be more covid shutdowns, stimulus packages, QE continuation, etc. The only thing that would make the environment better for PMs is savvier investors [laugh]

Recently I've been wondering about this. Are we headed back to restrictions on our movements? More shortages? Working from home for many more months?

What are y'all thoughts? Where are we headed over the rest of this year?

thx

Rich

Recently I've been wondering about this. Are we headed back to restrictions on our movements? More shortages? Working from home for many more months?

What are y'all thoughts? Where are we headed over the rest of this year?

thx

Rich
You opened up a can of worms there!

My thoughts......if the Dems have their way covid will be declared a major pandemic again sometime in October.....wether it actually is a pandemic again or not.....doesn't matter. Dems want businesses closed.....economy crashing....and voters scared shitless for the November election. They know it's the only chance they have to keep trump from 4 more years. The economy was booming......record low unemployment.......until covid. I'm not a conspiracy theorist like some whack jobs that think the Democrats created covid.......they are just using the shit out of it to increase the chances of negative opinions of trump administration.

We will have to wait and see.

My thoughts......if the Dems have their way covid will be declared a major pandemic again sometime in October.....wether it actually is a pandemic again or not.....doesn't matter. Dems want businesses closed.....economy crashing....and voters scared shitless for the November election. They know it's the only chance they have to keep trump from 4 more years. The economy was booming......record low unemployment.......until covid. I'm not a conspiracy theorist like some whack jobs that think the Democrats created covid.......they are just using the shit out of it to increase the chances of negative opinions of trump administration.

And if Biden gets elected, Covid will be cured and the numbers will plummet by December 1st, Count on it....

And it's also the only way Illinois, NY and California get their massive debts bailed out.

Closed at 19.56 today according to monex and 19.40 according to jm.

Real World price on a Random Year ASE is $7-8 bucks more before shipping and insurance. High premiums suck...

JM Bullion 10:30pm July 14, 2020:
Qty(e)Check/WireBTC/ETHCard/PayPal
1-19 $26.26 $26.53 $27.35

Real World price on a Random Year ASE is $7-8 bucks more before shipping and insurance. High premiums suck...

JM Bullion 10:30pm July 14, 2020:
Qty(e)Check/WireBTC/ETHCard/PayPal
1-19 $26.26 $26.53 $27.35
I know the premiums. I'm not looking to buy I'm waiting to sell. Sitting on a decent stash I bought for $15.50 per ounce cash and carry when the price was right.

Back
Top Bottom