Gold and silver prices are down

PMs are up this morning. Dollar is up and Trump and Kim are playing nicely together. What am I missing? I would have expected some buying opportunities.

PMs are up this morning. Dollar is up and Trump and Kim are playing nicely together. What am I missing? I would have expected some buying opportunities.

The PMs really shot up when the ECB rate news came out, which was pretty dovish.

But every market seemed to take the Fed and ECB news as bullish. Stocks, bonds, PMs, dollar, all up. That doesn't make sense, so you'll probably see one or more of those reverse soon. I think PMs will run out of buyers quickly like it always has the last couple years.

You won't really see a good PM rally til the US Fed reverses course, and no real sign of that yesterday, though I think some like the stock market are trying to put dovish words in the Fed's mouth, to find an excuse to rally.

The PMs really shot up when the ECB rate news came out, which was pretty dovish.

But every market seemed to take the Fed and ECB news as bullish. Stocks, bonds, PMs, dollar, all up. That doesn't make sense, so you'll probably see one or more of those reverse soon. I think PMs will run out of buyers quickly like it always has the last couple years.

You won't really see a good PM rally til the US Fed reverses course, and no real sign of that yesterday, though I think some like the stock market are trying to put dovish words in the Fed's mouth, to find an excuse to rally.

Well, that didn't last long, PMs tanking this morning. Stocks moving down a little, but stocks are in full bubble mode so it'll take something big to bust that.

Who's buying the dip? I'm waiting for Ebay 15% Bucks deal end of this month (they did it end of last quarter). If I don't see that i'll use the next 10% Bucks deal.

I still think gold and silver will hit the Dec 2016 lows, which means another 3-4% drop from here. Hopefully that'll be the extent of it.

I had a 20th anniversary present to buy recently otherwise I would be buying. I do like platinum anytime it’s under $900

I was waiting to buy at this price level, $1240 gold and $15.8 silver, but the price behavior looks so bad I think we’ll go lower. With low volume on rallies and such weak rallies, I don’t think we’ve bottomed yet. Could get real ugly for gold.

IDK man, every time I get one of those ebay deals, the exclusions are always coins & currency..

Coins are always excluded from general % off coupons. But EBay Bucks deals always allow coins that are not in the bullion category. You have to look around for such coins though, there’s a few good ones that always qualify, Ive posted many of them in the thread.

I was waiting to buy at this price level, $1240 gold and $15.8 silver, but the price behavior looks so bad I think we’ll go lower. With low volume on rallies and such weak rallies, I don’t think we’ve bottomed yet. Could get real ugly for gold.
With all due respect sir, I've done a little stacking myself over the years and the one thing I've learned is when I think I have the market figured out, time and time again I'm proven wrong. Right now prices are low. Now is the time to strike. Bottom feeders never come out ahead in the long run.

Just my .02!

With all due respect sir, I've done a little stacking myself over the years and the one thing I've learned is when I think I have the market figured out, time and time again I'm proven wrong. Right now prices are low. Now is the time to strike. Bottom feeders never come out ahead in the long run.

Just my .02!

I definitely agree, I've been buying steadily whenever we're down around these prices. But looking at the price trends and listening to PM experts (the ones who look at charts, not the Peter Schiffs who are gold permabulls) - I think we are still in a down-trend, so I'm holding back a good amount of cash (mostly in my 401k, since I don't have a lot of cash for physical) for lower prices.

PMs are rallying at the moment but I don't think it'll last more than a few weeks at most.

A lot of experts thinks PMs won't start the next bull market until the US Fed reverses course on tightening. I want to be fully invested before that happens, cause gold & silver could go off like a rocket as soon as the Fed even talks about easing.

Hey everyone. Been away for a while, so haven't been keeping up with this thread. The owner of my go to store retired, and I'm looking to sell a couple items. Anyone have any recommendations for a reputable place around Lowell to unload some silver?

Hey everyone. Been away for a while, so haven't been keeping up with this thread. The owner of my go to store retired, and I'm looking to sell a couple items. Anyone have any recommendations for a reputable place around Lowell to unload some silver?

NES Classified's if you're not in a rush. You can easily get spot, and give a fellow NES member a good deal! Otherwise in Concord Buying and Selling Rare Coins at Northeast Numismatics or Burlington Home - Boston Bullion.

NES Classified's

this...first dibs to the forum would be nice. a few years back that's how I started collecting but the deal was posted right here in this thread and i jumped on it first.

i think you'd be surprised how fast your stuff would sell if your price is reasonable. i'm a collector that really appreciates not having much of a paper trail when at all possible. i don't trust 'the man' anymore...not that he's been deserving of trust in about 100 years anyway.

Thanks for the info. Is Boston Bullion the one that is appointment only?

If you check back, I've bought and sold a few items through this thread but it's been a few years. I'd much rather see it go to someone here, but I was hoping to unload it today. Nothing fancy just a roll of quarters and a roll of dimes I picked up a while back. Retail on the two is maybe $190-200 based on a quick search.

I'm gonna miss Bob and Denise Casper too...

They were always great and fair. Not to mention, less than a mile from my house.

I never ended up making it anywhere to sell the coins. I'll probably reactivate my account and post them here in classifieds.

These prices are inviting. When do you guys think we'll see prices start to move up again?

I bought some stocks/ETFs yesterday cause as you said these are great prices.

I still think we haven't bottomed yet, markets don't lounge around leisurely at the bottom, they have sharp nasty selloffs at the bottom, and we haven't had that yet in the metals. So I'm holding back money for that. I'll buy more if gold gets down around $1220. If we hold below $1220 it'll get real ugly, maybe to $1080 or $1100.

But what will start the big rally in metals? Either a US stock market crash (crashing world markets haven't lifted gold at all) or the Fed reversing course on tightening. Even if the dollar rally ends and reverses, that didn't help gold/silver that much before - it might get us back to the top of the trading range $1310 or $1350 for gold, but no higher. To get higher you really need the Fed to change course, or the end of the US stock market bull run.

This week platinum hit a decade+ price low. Why's platinum getting crushed?

Since it’s primarily an industrial metal it’s probably something to do with trends in industry, also all industrial metals are getting crushed a lot worse than gold and silver which have a currency aspect. Copper is getting slammed.

I don’t buy palladium or Pt for that reason, it’s too tied to the economy and technology advancement.

Back
Top Bottom