Gold and silver prices are down

The amazing thing is there's no inflation in the traditional sense yet gold is taking off. It means it's fear not of inflation but of global financial implosion that is driving gold and silver. We've turned a corner and there's really no turning back. It's a one way train to financial collapse.
Fear is the other motivator for commodities rising for sure. You are right about that.

The amazing thing is there's no inflation in the traditional sense yet gold is taking off. It means it's fear not of inflation but of global financial implosion that is driving gold and silver. We've turned a corner and there's really no turning back. It's a one way train to financial collapse.
How do you define inflation? Inflation is an expansion of the money supply. The fed continues to print money every month. Inflation can also be defined as a rise in prices. certainly that is a constant. while not constant across all things, prices for basics like housing, clothing and food are rising.

How do you define inflation? Inflation is an expansion of the money supply. The fed continues to print money every month. Inflation can also be defined as a rise in prices. certainly that is a constant. while not constant across all things, prices for basics like housing, clothing and food are rising.

Inflation as relates to gold - traditionally inflation was a driver for people to buy gold. We don't have that right now, so it's not the cause for gold's rise.

I don't think the investing public views inflation as expansion of the money supply, they tend to believe the Fed's (doctored) official inflation numbers.

we might see a nice spike in PM prices now until year's end. i'm liking what i'm seeing. gold just broke $1600 once new tariff news hit the wires a couple hours ago.

i'm debating if it's time to sell some gold

No! :) You're in like the 2nd month of whats likely to be a multi year bull market. Gold has been consolidating for 6 years, forming a base for a big move. PM bull and bear markets are long events, hang in there and enjoy the ride. Sell when the Fed decides to stop stimulating the stock and bond markets.

Gold might pull back to $1400 for a couple weeks, that'd just set us up for a big move higher to $1700.

Gold & silver mining stocks got hammered today. Hoping for more so the prices get attractive again - I'd like to see gold go down to $1400 (and hold - don't want to see it break below $1400!).

image.jpeg I know this s a gold/silver thread but I am looking at this new us mint palladium coin being issued this week purely because I like the design. Anybody invest in palladium? Avoid it?

Pullbacks in price are buying potential opportunities.

Most folks I know have been buying a bit of gold and silver here and there over time. And have bought their little stash for a point in time when fiat currencies in general, and the US dollar, get crushed under the weight of all the country's debt. And the world's frenzy in debasing their own currencies for trade purposes and more.

Stay the course. It's insurance against bad times. It's entirely possible the bad times won't come soon, or even at all. But I believe no country or civilization can survive this much currency manipulation.

Where are you seeing $1600? The Commodities markets are closed.

I think a big correction (buying opportunity) is coming.

The day of my post it hit $1601 in the futures market. Once market opened ofcourse it was manipulated lower. It's getting there though. I'm sure it will pass it soon.

View attachment 301738 I know this s a gold/silver thread but I am looking at this new us mint palladium coin being issued this week purely because I like the design. Anybody invest in palladium? Avoid it?

Any PM is good-to-go here.

iu

As to palladium, I don't dabble in it. I decided a long time ago to limit myself to what I know. Au & Ag ...

There will always be a difference between spot price and futures price. IIRC CNBC always posts a futures price. Around here I think mostly we'll looking at spot price. Certainly YMMV...

Here's a link to spot price:

Spot Gold

The day of my post it hit $1601 in the futures market. Once market opened ofcourse it was manipulated lower. It's getting there though. I'm sure it will pass it soon.

There will always be a difference between spot price and futures price. IIRC CNBC always posts a futures price. Around here I think mostly we'll looking at spot price. Certainly YMMV...

Here's a link to spot price:

Spot Gold
absolutely. i'm familiar with how it works. but futures contracts are a good predictor where the spot is heading. futures take into account swaps, spreads, and margins, so there will always be a difference between the two. either way, metals have more room to run into year's end.

Oh interesting. I thought it was new since it was just coming across my twitter feed (or maybe they just always have folks doing that haha) Don't know.

Big reversal today in gold/silver mining stocks. I think you may see gold go down and test $1480 or $1450. I doubt we'll make it to $1420.

Reason is the ECB came out with QE, and gold/silver stocks moved up big and then reversed. They're just way too overbought, time for a healthy correction.

Prices moved too far too fast... especially silver.

Things move up, things move down. If you watch the prices everyday you're missing the long term goal. Ultimately gold/silver are an insurance policy against financial troubles that could happen in the future. It could be a year or two. It could be a decade or two. Governments are able to juggle to maintain the appearance of solvency far longer than we think.

So, if you're inclined to buy more PM's, buy the dips. Be patient. All in due time.

Of course, that is if I live that long!

:)

Big reversal today in gold/silver mining stocks. I think you may see gold go down and test $1480 or $1450. I doubt we'll make it to $1420.

Reason is the ECB came out with QE, and gold/silver stocks moved up big and then reversed. They're just way too overbought, time for a healthy correction.

I don't know how much time is really left. Years likely, a decade maybe, multiple decades wouldn't be my guess. JMHO (which is usually wrong so take it for what it is worth [laugh])

Our opinions are aligned. But no one knows. Sadly we get rhetoric rather than facts from governments...

I don't know how much time is really left. Years likely, a decade maybe, multiple decades wouldn't be my guess. JMHO (which is usually wrong so take it for what it is worth [laugh])

Back
Top Bottom