• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gold and silver prices are down

I don’t know anything about who owns the bitcoin. I’m just speaking from the technical chart. Looks to me like it’s going to fall closer to 20k and then potentially begin a slow ascent. I don’t see any reason to guess the bottom. If I owned any and wanted to continue to own any I’d sell now (really a few days ago) and buy back in after the price stabilizes. Looks like unnecessary losses being taken. That’s what I have trouble understanding.
I'm new to crypto but from what I understand there are people at the top who own hundreds of million to billions of USD in Bitcoin. People call them the whales. If they all sold at the same time or if even one whale sold it all it would drop the price drastically. It would even drop the price of what they were trying selling too.

So whales usually sell in chunks.... It's how they make the most money.

So who pushed it back under 1900?

I think it's not really a breakout if it's just a few dollars above the level, so it wasn't strong enough to keep bears from pushing it back below. Friday's close will be key, we want to see it close like $1910 or above. Probably won't happen - we've made a big push through $1850 major resistance, it's too much to ask to push throught $1900 on the same rally. Probably will pull back and test $1850.

I think it's not really a breakout if it's just a few dollars above the level, so it wasn't strong enough to keep bears from pushing it back below. Friday's close will be key, we want to see it close like $1910 or above. Probably won't happen - we've made a big push through $1850 major resistance, it's too much to ask to push throught $1900 on the same rally. Probably will pull back and test $1850.
It took 8 months to drop from 2k to 1600’s. It’s only been 2 months to go from there back to 1900. We must be patient.

Gold is a little pricy for me (physical) but I buy some every year around my daughters birthday. All this shit is for her anyway..... but I'm might buy some for this year soon as I don't want pay 2500.

Gold is a little pricy for me (physical) but I buy some every year around my daughters birthday. All this shit is for her anyway..... but I'm might buy some for this year soon as I don't want pay 2500.

I’m way behind on it but same idea, wife and I decided to buy an American Eagle 1/10th gold coin every year for our kids birthdays. We want them to have every year starting with their birth year, that way they’ll have 2 oz when they turn 20.

I’m way behind on it but same idea, wife and I decided to buy an American Eagle 1/10th gold coin every year for our kids birthdays. We want them to have every year starting with their birth year, that way they’ll have 2 oz when they turn 20.
Yeah, we're basically doing the same thing. I always stuck with Eagles but last year I decided to go with a nugget from Scottsdale Mint. I like Scottsdale and trust them as they are a certified mint. Gold eagles are expensive now....

Yeah, we're basically doing the same thing. I always stuck with Eagles but last year I decided to go with a nugget from Scottsdale Mint. I like Scottsdale and trust them as they are a certified mint. Gold eagles are expensive now....

I know, it's all getting so expensive. I figured the eagle plus the continuity of their birth year onward would possibly keep them from selling it as it had almost like a collectible value. Otherwise I'm more of a value/ stacking oz type of buyer.

Ultimately, gold is the single greatest conductor on the planet, and if the ornamental desire was not there you can damn well bet it would be used more heavily in electronics, either way the demand exists in one form or another. Based on mans desire for it over the last 10,000 years, I'll put more faith in it than most forms of currency. Still prefer bullets though.
I’ve been minting my gold into bullets. It’s a no-brainer really, what could possibly be worth more than golden bullets? I figure if I can work out how to incorporate some sort of non-fungible tokens in there somewhere, I will essentially rule the world.

I’ve been minting my gold into bullets. It’s a no-brainer really, what could possibly be worth more than golden bullets? I figure if I can work out how to incorporate some sort of non-fungible tokens in there somewhere, I will essentially rule the world.
Just be careful not to cast 22lr as you may be mistaken for making golden turds instead of golden bullets.

I know, it's all getting so expensive. I figured the eagle plus the continuity of their birth year onward would possibly keep them from selling it as it had almost like a collectible value. Otherwise I'm more of a value/ stacking oz type of buyer.
I also try to keep up with the dates for that very reason you stated. Great minds think alike.

Last year I got this in lieu of an eagle. In remembrance of the beginning of the Great Reset.

I’d like to know who bought in at the cheapest AU per ounce bullion. Me? $970 with Microsoft cashback in 2008. Not too bad.

Post your best deal on an ounce coin.

Last edited:
I’d like to know who bought in at the cheapest AU per ounce bullion. Me? $970 with Ebay bucks. Not too bad.

Post your best deal on an ounce coin.

Wow, was that March last year? My best silver was a roll of Eagles for $280 after Bucks and I think a 15% coupon or something- it was a weird coupon that worked on PMs. Only one item limit lol.

Think that was like 2018 though not last year.

Wow, was that March last year? My best silver was a roll of Eagles for $280 after Bucks and I think a 15% coupon or something- it was a weird coupon that worked on PMs. Only one item limit lol.

Think that was like 2018 though not last year.
Sorry Microsoft cashback and it was 2008.

Never bought an oz of gold for under 1k. Best I did was $1100 I think.... And I thought that was a lot.

Think my cheapest was $1300-1400. Started like 2016. Luckily I didn’t start buying miners til after the 2016 crash.

I did better in silver cause it was much easier to get EBay bucks on silver.

I bought a bit here and there over the past 6 years. Mostly when I saw a good deal.

Like @Win I enjoy the aesthetics of some coins. I do believe the American Eagle and Saint Gaudens are beautiful coins. In particular I'm amazed that the Saint Gaudens was used as currency. $20 was big money back then but they were used as we use the US dollar today.

Back in the sixties our currency lost its luster when they changed from silver coinage to sh*t. Even paper money was backed by silver or gold way back when. And now it's just a piece of paper with some notion of good faith and trust.

The only problem I have is I have no faith and trust in those in charge of the currency nor our government. One of these days those dollar bills will be more useful as heating fuel than as a mechanism of money.

Back
Top Bottom