Gold and silver prices are down

I picked up another propane forge. This time a 4KG Devil Forge to go with the 10KG Cast Master Elite. Right now I am coating them with refractory cement to prep them. I haven’t melted a damn thing yet. Lots of prep time. I’ll get going full speed after the holidays.
F149B111-DF38-4B5B-979E-88F69A2BFEAD.jpeg
Oh, I also bought an electric wire stripper.
962B5841-B8DE-4204-9AA2-35D52F68DB45.png

I picked up another propane forge. This time a 4KG Devil Forge to go with the 10KG Cast Master Elite. Right now I am coating them with refractory cement to prep them. I haven’t melted a damn thing yet. Lots of prep time. I’ll get going full speed after the holidays.
View attachment 554514
View attachment 554515
I know who I’m bringing my base to 😁

View attachment 554514
View attachment 554515

This just for straight copper wire stripping?

Did these guys recommend Great Bear at 25 cents? $1? $3? $11?

If not then what makes you think they know Great Bear now? Kinross spent 3 years looking over the GBR drill results and geology, I doubt many analysts have done that.

They may have overpaid when you consider most other stocks are way underpriced right now. But there’s nothing else even close out there and they knew it.

I should add I wouldn't buy Kinross after this purchase, since they already paid GBR for a lot of the exploration upside.
They were not following Great Bear. Nobody bats 1.000 and there are too many out there to track. Can't possibly have reliable info on all projects/miners. I have never been interest in KGC and this transaction does not change my position on the stock. I have about 10 I follow very closely and choose to keep it small and concentrated for a reason.

I have a couple rolls of those cause they used to qualify for Ebay Bucks.
They look fatter than the ASE's, and I like the non-reeded smooth mirror edge. How do you like the looks?

Edit: Found some nice pricing... so, In!

Last edited:
not my first choice but in the past these coins have had some good pricing, close to spot. Anytime the deal was good I did pick them up.
Thanks for the reply. I'm flush right now in silver governmental bullion coins and thought these may round me out a little.
I just received a few on Friday, and really like their look.

I like the philharmonics. I have several. If I had to pick a single government silver coin as my favorite it would be the Mexican libertad . I have a thing for angels and angels with breasts is an unbeatable design 😍

Read the fine print, NO bullion. I would think scrap might be called bullion to limit payouts. Some of the gold beats aa Apmex website price by $20 or so.

Read the fine print, NO bullion. I would think scrap might be called bullion to limit payouts. Some of the gold beats aa Apmex website price by $20 or so.

There are some coins and such that are posted not in the bullion category. I post such deals here if I see them. It's mostly Apmex that has decent Bucks deals. They may update their deals page later today.

If anyone is looking for silver at $29/30/oz there are a few Bucks deals that will get you that like the one below. Too pricey for me.

Pre-65 junk silver coins generally trade below spot when trying to sell to the brokerages. Not sure if that has changed recently.

Pre-65 junk silver coins generally trade below spot when trying to sell to the brokerages. Not sure if that has changed recently.

I’m sure if they can sell it for $8 over spot, they’ll happily buy it for $3-4 over spot.

Just a few years ago we were debating whether $17/oz for junk silver was a good deal or not. Now it’s $29/oz on sale.

I don’t tend to get caught up in premiums as much as many folks do. I look at the cost to obtain silver whatever the spot portion and whatever the premium portion. I don’t make very much of the electronic silver price.

^^^ [thumbsup]

I do shop for the lowest price from reputable dealers. After that it is all just DCA...

So where are you folks buying your silver coins? With most of you commenting that the online premium being so high where are you going locally? I am looking to pick up some silver every other week or so.

Back
Top Bottom