• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gold and silver prices are down

Are we just pawns right now? Inflation thru the roof, the dollar on the way to a slow bleed collapse.... And my webull account losing money in every gold and silver related stock... WTF. Makes no sens.

Bag holder for life!

Are we just pawns right now? Inflation thru the roof, the dollar on the way to a slow bleed collapse.... And my webull account losing money in every gold and silver related stock... WTF. Makes no sens.

Bag holder for life!

One key thing to remember is that gold/silver miners don't really do that well when the stock market is near all time highs. Until the stock market starts to reflect reality, you won't have that monster miner bull market. Why buy some obscure gold miner if you can just buy TSLA or Google and it always goes up?

The charts look great - and miners haven't sold off as much as gold, also bullish. Just be a bit more patient at this point. Senior miners have already started the rally, juniors will follow soon.

Last edited:
One key thing to remember is that gold/silver miners don't really do that well when the stock market is near all time highs. Until the stock market starts to reflect reality, you won't have that monster miner bull market. Why buy some obscure gold miner if you can just buy TSLA or Google and it always goes up?

The charts look great - and miners haven't sold off as much as gold, also bullish. Just be a bit more patient at this point. Senior miners have already started the rally, juniors will follow soon.
I got nothing but time! I even have time to kill!

I got nothing but time! I even have time to kill!
Same here. Just turned 40yrs young and I don’t plan to touch any of my stacks until if/when the S hits the actual fan and I need it to get by/survive.

Hopefully that won’t happen and I can leave it all to my unborn children or nieces/nephews when I croak…or trade it for cocaine and hookers to ‘go out with a bang’ if I get terminally ill or something. The world is my oyster.

Gold down, but gold and silver miners finished the week strong. Miners may start to price in a higher base in gold, like $1800.
Yes this is good news and follows previous bull runs. Miners lead the metals. Seniors > mid tier developer/producers > junior explorers. Very important to be well positioned now.

Yes this is good news and follows previous bull runs. Miners lead the metals. Seniors > mid tier developer/producers > junior explorers. Very important to be well positioned now.

I’m tired of being well positioned, I’m ready to be making money.

If not for Great Bear my portfolio would be a bit of a disaster.

From USMint - “The 2022 American Eagle Silver One Ounce Proof Coin (W), the American Eagle Silver One Ounce Proof Coin (S) and the American Eagle Silver One Ounce Uncirculated Coin (W) inventories have all been depleted. This marks the first time in U.S. Mint history that all American Eagle silver coins have been depleted through enrollments.”

There is still a bull case for gold in regards to the dollar index being so high and fanciful assets still having a high market cap. I would expect the dollar index to decline over the next several months and years. I also expect that crypto currencies will decline and eventually get near zero. I can't see those cryptos as anything other than monetary confusion brought on by decades of fiat currency. There is no value in them - maybe they are secure, maybe you can send them to your friends but you'll never be able to do anything with them intrinsically and they aren't ingredients in any other products.

Personally my faith in PM is such that I'm hopeful that they stay low for months and years so I can continue to buy them at depressed prices, but I doubt that these depressed prices continue to last.

…Personally my faith in PM is such that I'm hopeful that they stay low for months and years so I can continue to buy them at depressed prices, but I doubt that these depressed prices continue to last.
I went to the coin expo in Manchester earlier today. I take the same approach to physical PM as you, but judging by prices and inventory I saw, I’m not sure “depressed prices” is the term I’d use!

Silver back date ASE rolls were $740; $800 for new design. Gold eagles were $2,075+ - if you could find them!

Perusing my usual numismatic sites for gold - there really isn't much out there. Dealers who previously had large numbers of eagles and double eagles now have a handful of unremarkable yet not inexpensively priced coins. I'm hoping to find a few last coins before gold makes any big moves but I really feel like time is running out.

So what's the deal with buying Silver bars ? The price barely moves and you pay a premium over spot to acquire (meaning your investment starts in the red)...what am I missing here ?

So what's the deal with buying Silver bars ? The price barely moves and you pay a premium over spot to acquire (meaning your investment starts in the red)...what am I missing here ?

When you sell, you can also expect to recoup a premium. I don't know how rich you have to be to actually buy at spot. Maybe Soros or Putin would know. Nobody I know buys at spot. Well, unless they buy from me when I've found a six-shooter I NEED to buy.

Try nickels. US nickels are worth eight cents. Current Melt Value Of Coins - How Much Is Your Coin Worth?

When you sell, you can also expect to recoup a premium. I don't know how rich you have to be to actually buy at spot. Maybe Soros or Putin would know. Nobody I know buys at spot. Well, unless they buy from me when I've found a six-shooter I NEED to buy.

Try nickels. US nickels are worth eight cents. Current Melt Value Of Coins - How Much Is Your Coin Worth?
I knew those "wheat back" pennies would pay off if I waited long enough. Now I just have to find them.

I was watching a kitco interview with Gareth Soloway a week or two ago and Gareth was saying that he thought BTC would move up to 44K before taking a large drop down to 20K or less. He also thought silver could get down near $24 where he planned to buy. Neither of these predications seemed likely to me but I gotta hand it to Gareth - he is a chart reading wizard.

Back
Top Bottom