Gold and silver prices are down

Bitcoin's value as an asset is entirely illusory. It isn't a product in itself and it isn't an ingredient in any other product.
I agree in principle, but value is as value buys. Bitcoins may become the next tulips, but for the time being people seem to be using it for "insurance" in their portfolios.

All of these graphs that show only the top of the range are visually deceptive. Seeing a 30 degree slope up or down on a line implies a massive change, but if the graph were plotted with a linear (non-log) Y axis that started as zero would, for example, show a $20 change in gold as a minor perturbation of just over 1%, not a big change.

Here's my concern going into 2023...2023 is shaping up as a painful year economically. I foresee more layoffs/worsening unemployment & stock market decline. Gold is the most liquid asset to sell if you lose your job or have margin calls. So I see a fair amount of gold selling. How does that play in? Does the buying demand just overwhelmingly exceed the selling? I'm not sure.

All of these graphs that show only the top of the range are visually deceptive. Seeing a 30 degree slope up or down on a line implies a massive change, but if the graph were plotted with a linear (non-log) Y axis that started as zero would, for example, show a $20 change in gold as a minor perturbation of just over 1%, not a big change.
Here ya go
FEFD6297-468B-4F8D-898D-3E4193F8993C.jpeg

The US dollar continues to backoff from the highs of 114.75 in September. Down almost 10% in the past few months.

Very positive for gold.

View attachment 693391

That’s going to be ‘the big moment’ that forces the new world order/digital global currency…they open Fort Knox and there’s a couple of mice fighting over a piece of cheese in an otherwise empty vault.

Sep 1, 2022
Well, slap my face and shut my mouth. My wife was right again. I WAS WRONG!

I've repeatedly said that we will see $30 silver before $17. I was proven wrong today.
Sep 13, 2022
That $17 was short lived eh?

Here we are today over $22 an ounce. Maybe 30 in the next few months? I would be wrong once and right once. :p

My mother told me that perturbation was a sin against God. How dare you!!!

:)

if the market falls gold will definitely fall with it. To what extent who knows. I believe the market and margin players already expect it to happen so are likely going to be prepared. This has been widely speculated for some time. I doubt the big players are going to get caught with massive margin calls and “have” to sell massive gold to cover. Their AI programs are already being tweaked to expect and react to extract the most profits possible.

if the market falls gold will definitely fall with it. To what extent who knows. I believe the market and margin players already expect it to happen so are likely going to be prepared. This has been widely speculated for some time. I doubt the big players are going to get caught with massive margin calls and “have” to sell massive gold to cover. Their AI programs are already being tweaked to expect and react to extract the most profits possible.

A retest of $1680 next year is the most likely scenario and frankly the most desirable one for gold bulls, since it'll set up a nice long term rally.

2022dec6gold1.png

This is my sense as well - bumpy start to 2023 as the economy sputters but PMs could go up in price dramatically in the second half of the year and onwards.

I like those philharmonics. If you buy two rolls you avoid the tax right?
No tax on 2+ rolls. (No Tax, free shipping, $6 dollar discount for multi-roll purchase)
$28.03 per coin/oz

Damn good price on a spectacular Governmental coin...

Another bonus is because these are "2023" the likelihood of counterfeit is next to nil compared to older/mixed coins.
Also, the Phils always come in sealed/unopened tubes from Austrian Monster boxes.
Bullion Exchange, Liberty Coin, D.B.S. Coin all come in sealed tubes in my purchasing experience...

1670459499450.png

Last edited:
No tax on 2+ rolls. (No Tax, free shipping, $6 dollar discount for multi-roll purchase)
$28.03 per coin/oz

Damn good price on a spectacular Governmental coin...

Another bonus is because these are "2023" the likelihood of counterfeit is next to nil compared to older/mixed coins.
Also, the Phils always come in sealed/unopened tubes from Austrian Monster boxes.
Bullion Exchange, Liberty Coin, D.B.S. Coin all come in sealed tubes in my purchasing experience...

View attachment 695441
Is it harder to counterfeit a coin or a box/tube seal?

Back
Top Bottom