Golden Saber 357 Mag Bullet Jump

I had my first experience with bullet jump today. I was test firing a box of Golden Saber 357 mag out of a 3 inch SP101. Got three rounds in and on the fourth trigger pull the cylinder bound up. It took a moderate amount of force to swing open the cylinder; the bullet had crept out of the case just enough that it was getting jammed up.

I googled this issue and apparently other folks have had trouble with this round too, although fired out of Airweight or other ultra-light revolvers. I'm surprised because it's a medium velocity load, and when fired out of the chunky SP101 the recoil is relatively tame and manageable.

I had my first experience with bullet jump today. I was test firing a box of Golden Saber 357 mag out of a 3 inch SP101. Got three rounds in and on the fourth trigger pull the cylinder bound up. It took a moderate amount of force to swing open the cylinder; the bullet had crept out of the case just enough that it was getting jammed up.

I googled this issue and apparently other folks have had trouble with this round too, although fired out of Airweight or other ultra-light revolvers. I'm surprised because it's a medium velocity load, and when fired out of the chunky SP101 the recoil is relatively tame and manageable.

Must have been a bad lot. I hear good things about the golden sabre brand on most forums and gun reviews

I have had good experience with Golden Saber but given yours I’d try something else. Look for a heavy crimp on the cases when shopping.

Back
Top Bottom