• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gonna be near the Mill today

Funny thing about this place, just when you think you have walked it all you find another stair case.

If anyone is from, or has been to California would probably know about this place in San Jose called the Winchester Mystery House, it's kinda like that lol

The crowds. I used to drive past the one in Westford (Littleton?) and they need a stop light there or a police detail. It was a f***ing nightmare trying to drive past with the hordes of people crossing back and forth non stop. I wanted to burn the place down.

I have went there before and just left because the lines were too long... Then trying to go down rt110 with all the 400lb fatties waddling their way across the street at like half a mile an hour... Ended up going to the one in Lancaster instead, some lines but not nearly as crowded as Westford.. Went there until I discovered the best ice cream in the world about 3 miles from me, Rota Spring Farms.

I have went there before and just left because the lines were too long... Then trying to go down rt110 with all the 400lb fatties waddling their way across the street at like half a mile an hour... Ended up going to the one in Lancaster instead, some lines but not nearly as crowded as Westford.. Went there until I discovered the best ice cream in the world about 3 miles from me, Rota Spring Farms.
Hey, I was crossing as fast as I could. Remember, I was leaving and already had 5 lbs of ice cream in me. If you saw me crossing on my way to get there you would have been amazed at my speed :)

Even better than Crescent Ridge?

I've been meaning to get to Rota Springs... how does it compare to Uhlman's?

I've been meaning to get to Rota Springs... how does it compare to Uhlman's?

Pretty sure Uhlmans is Richardsons ice ream.. Rota makes their own.. the blueberry is insanely good. The ice cream is basically one step above gelato, in other words less air is introduced in the ice cream so it's really creamy. I know way too much about ice cream lol

Even better than Crescent Ridge?

Never been there, they are also a mass producer? The name seems familiar to me...but in my head there is nothing better than the blueberry at Rota.. Close second is a place in Maui that has Kona coffee chocolate chip gelato😛

Now take into account, this is my taste in ice cream.. I did bring 2 friends there and they also say it is their favorite ice cream, they got something other than blueberry though.

Pretty sure Uhlmans is Richardsons ice ream.. Rota makes their own.. the blueberry is insanely good. The ice cream is basically one step above gelato, in other words less air is introduced in the ice cream so it's really creamy. I know way too much about ice cream lol
Ill second the Rota blueberry....my favorite. This weekend....going for some.

Is this true? I thought they made their own?

Never been there, they are also a mass producer? The name seems familiar to me...but in my head there is nothing better than the blueberry at Rota.. Close second is a place in Maui that has Kona coffee chocolate chip gelato😛

Now take into account, this is my taste in ice cream.. I did bring 2 friends there and they also say it is their favorite ice cream, they got something other than blueberry though.
Yeah, CR is in Sharon. I've hear rumors that they farm out some of the production now, but I'm not sure if they're true. What I do know is that they make a great destination on the bike.

I grew up on grapenut (a flavor reserved for Yankees) and ginger, but can also respect other flavors. Clearly, I'll have to come check out Rota. Maybe "on the way home" from Harvard sometime...

Is this true? I thought they made their own?

Due to the size of the place, figured it was outsourced.. Maybe Richardsons makes it for them? I heard this from somebody a while ago and just figured since they lived in Westborough area they knew.

Anyways, not a fan of Uhlmans, although any ice cream is good ice cream, but I would go to Kimballs before Uhlmans.

Yeah, CR is in Sharon. I've hear rumors that they farm out some of the production now, but I'm not sure if they're true. What I do know is that they make a great destination on the bike.

I grew up on grapenut (a flavor reserved for Yankees) and ginger, but can also respect other flavors. Clearly, I'll have to come check out Rota. Maybe "on the way home" from Harvard sometime...

Ya, not far from Harvard... Gets really crowded though, go before 1700 most days.

It's been like 2 months since I had ice cream, seriously jonesin right now and it's 3 miles from me lol

Grapenut and Frozen Pudding are reserved yankees over 70 years old. My kids laugh at my father and mother for getting frozen pudding or grapenut. They call it old people ice cream.

Grapenut and Frozen Pudding are reserved yankees over 70 years old. My kids laugh at my father and mother for getting frozen pudding or grapenut. They call it old people ice cream.

I was at Franks in Cambridge having a steak last weekend and for dessert they had Grapenut pudding with whipped cream as a special. I ordered it and it was pretty good. I was getting razzed though by everyone else asking if I was 90 or something.

I've eaten icecream all over. I grew up on CR. My old neighbor's uncle is the guy behind Somerset Creamery. Have had a bunch more both local, national and specialty.

I'll say this: I've not found a more tasty maker of ice cream than Peaceful Meadows of Whitman and hopefully again some day of Lakeville. It's not too hard, but not full of air. The fat content is high. The flavor is jacked up. Black raspberry and coffee are my two fav's. Sad they had to close Lakeville due to staffing. Hope that changes in 2023.

Back
Top Bottom