• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gonna be near the Mill today

Crescent Ridge isn't worth the drive in my opinion. We used to get their milk delivered and that was great, but the ice cream wasn't any better than stuff you can easily get at the grocery store.

Graeters from Cincinnati Ohio is excellent though. They started distributing some of their flavors, so you can find a few at Price Chopper and Whole Foods, but those aren't nearly as good as the stuff you get from the shops.

I've eaten icecream all over. I grew up on CR. My old neighbor's uncle is the guy behind Somerset Creamery. Have had a bunch more both local, national and specialty.

I'll say this: I've not found a more tasty maker of ice cream than Peaceful Meadows of Whitman and hopefully again some day of Lakeville. It's not too hard, but not full of air. The fat content is high. The flavor is jacked up. Black raspberry and coffee are my two fav's. Sad they had to close Lakeville due to staffing. Hope that changes in 2023.

That place in Mansfield near Fresh Catch is really really good, but expensive.. Flannel Cow I think? Haven't been there is a couple of years.

Back
Top Bottom