Good day at the range

Ever have one of those days at the range where you are dead nuts on? I had one of those days yesterday. Carry gun was lights out, IDPA gun was close to perfect and I shot my new to me Henry hunting rifle to check its zero and the two shots I took were basically one ragged hole right on the bullseye. It was a good day…except I got my left index finger with the staple gun 😂😂😂

Today was a shitty day at the range. It was cold and rainy but at least it wasn't crowded and I found about 50 .45 colt and 10mm empties. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

My one and only first shot, good shot and haven't ever repeated it again. Cold barrel first shot from a brand new Tactical Ruger Mini-14 100 yds on an 8" metal Gong and I rang it with 2 of my fellow elder club members watching me. Surprised the hell out of me. Took me another 5 or 6 before I did it again, but by then I was all alone.

Took my nephew to the range a while back. Handed him my GP100 6" 357, explained how it sighted and functioned as he'd never held a revolver before. He'd shot several semi-autos already and is a strapping young man so the recoil didn't concern me. At 25 feet he aims, fires SA, dead nuts center in the bullseye, nonchalantly turns and asks "Like that uncle?" "Yup, JUST like that Alex."

Ever have one of those days at the range where you are dead nuts on? I had one of those days yesterday. Carry gun was lights out, IDPA gun was close to perfect and I shot my new to me Henry hunting rifle to check its zero and the two shots I took were basically one ragged hole right on the bullseye. It was a good day…except I got my left index finger with the staple gun 😂😂😂
Days like that can make my whole week!

Big bore Saturday. ...
8ee12882-8a0c-47a1-b938-894bdd1b234e-jpeg.511987
If I'd know that revolvers could project the Eye of Sauron onto the target,
I would never have sold my father's wheelguns...

Back
Top Bottom