• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Google Map of New England Gun Stores

Thanks Len, I had forgotten about those lists...

The ATF one is a bit concerning, it's so easy for any Wack Job to get the name/address of honest people and go right to their house... I would think it would be more safely handled than that... You don't see the Police, Judges addresses listed for Joe Q Public to get...
It is the business address that's listed. If the business operates out of a house, then it indeed lists the home address. However, if you are running your business out of your home, any advertising that you do will ID where you are. Even without that, databases make it very easy for anyone to find any one of us if they bother to look!

Quite a few of the FFL's listed show the business address and the home address, and they are different. . . (Premise address and Mail address columns)

Quite a few of the FFL's listed show the business address and the home address, and they are different. . . (Premise address and Mail address columns)
These are business FFLs and the purpose of them is to engage in the business of firearms sales. And I would think that any business would want customers to be able to contact them, or would not be able to hide their contact info as this would prevent them from being held accountable to their business practices if they were less than honorable.
Every type of business is listed somewhere, an FFL is no different. And if you are going into the business of firearms sales it's on you to understand this.
I've had an FFL from my home in both MA and NH in the past, it's no secret that this is public information.

These are business FFLs and the purpose of them is to engage in the business of firearms sales. And I would think that any business would want customers to be able to contact them, or would not be able to hide their contact info as this would prevent them from being held accountable to their business practices if they were less than honorable.
Every type of business is listed somewhere, an FFL is no different. And if you are going into the business of firearms sales it's on you to understand this.
I've had an FFL from my home in both MA and NH in the past, it's no secret that this is public information.

Well, if we wanna get technical, that is literally like only a portion of the reasons someone would need an 01 or 07.

Gunsmiths frequently sell very few guns, but they need one. (You need an ffl to work on guns for hire, particularly if you're going to retain a gun without a customer in attendance) Industry people doing research or manufacturing also need them... and I'm just scratching the surface. "Doing business with guns" is more than just buying and selling them. Federal law dictates these people must have an FFL, especially wrt unfettered shipment or receipt of firearms.

Should be easy enough for anyone with Internet to get that list, export it, then import it onto this map.

Please correct the entry for Lonely Mountain Arms to read Bristol, VT 05443.

Technically, I'm Starksboro, but Bristol is the correct mailing address. And Google Maps will find the street address right, anyway. But still.

There's a new shop in Lakeville Massachusetts. Assawompset Arms Company located at Lakeside Landing, 350 Bedford St., suite 4.

They're temporarily closed. They're moving down the street ((1325 Springfield St. Agawam) to the plaza across from Stop & Shop. I have no idea when the reopening will be.
Yes, but Walter the previous owner is done. I did most of my business there. He is a good guy...

Back
Top Bottom