Google Map of New England Gun Stores

Looking at a little more populous area, it is still pretty empty; especially if you've been to a couple of the ones in the circled area (ones in Worcester are a custom gunsmith and the Gun Parlor. Even going East to include Bolton, Berlin, Northborough, Shrewsbury, Westborough, Grafton, Millbury.

1635632716776.png

Pretty big chunk of area with few or no shops:

View attachment 537469

Then again, few or no roads or people either. Hang on a sec.

True but the few shops we have in "This Neck Of The Woods" are good people...

That map doesn't show a couple of shops that are in Agawam and there's a couple out by Great Berrington that I don't see...

In Maine there's quite a few missing. Just off the top of my head:

Pine Tree Pawn Trading
Winslow Gun Shop

Last edited:
I was driving through North Amherst one day, near Cowles Lumber, and I thought I saw an old farmhouse with a broken-down sign that said "Gun Shop." Anyone know about this?

@Maxam Munitions

Ron's Guns
194 Boston Post Road
East Lyme, CT 06333
860-739-6805

New and used pistols, rifles and shotguns
ammo, reloading components, some knives, some optics.
Bunch of amusing right wing bumper stickers and posters.

Ron's getting up there, he's not in the greatest of health. Not sure what will happen to the shop in the next 5 to 10 years.

Last edited:
Ya I wouldn't think so either, but it was houses in regular neiborhood's that were being shown...

Maybe they are Gun Dealers that do Gun Shows only or something like that if they aren't FFL 03's...

Could be online only. Or someone who likes quirky signs. The most recent license list from the state doesn't show any licenses to sell ammo or firearms or work as a gunsmith in Amherst. Though they do show one MG license...

Could be online only. Or someone who likes quirky signs. The most recent license list from the state doesn't show any licenses to sell ammo or firearms or work as a gunsmith in Amherst. Though they do show one MG license...

I wonder if Mike Orlen finally retired - did good work with shotgun barrels and stock bending for years in Amherst. FFL still shows up on the list, maybe it just hasn't expired yet.

ETA: Perhaps he is still in business - found a thread on Shotgunworld from this June with his new price list. Between renewals, maybe - or the Commonwealth is incompetent.

Last edited:
Ya I wouldn't think so either, but it was houses in regular neiborhood's that were being shown...

Maybe they are Gun Dealers that do Gun Shows only or something like that if they aren't FFL 03's...

There are a shitload of FFLs that are 01s or 07s for reasons other than selling guns at retail, so the possibilities are endless.

There are also dealers that pretty much only run off gunbroker or gunsamerica etc exclusively. Some of them wont even do FTF
transfers in the state theyre in, instead dumping the gun off at some other local dealer to do the transfer.

Theres a lot of advantages to"never getting their hands dirty" with the public, so to speak. Far less paperwork, too, if you bound book is
only filled with FFL transfers. (no 4473s to deal with, etc. )

Then there are just a bunch of guys who are heavy duty gun guys who happen to have an FFL as a side gig for themselves and get very selective
about who they deal with. Also gunsmiths, and sometimes, gun media types. (like most of those gun guys on youtube wont admit it, but they are 01s or 07s themselves probably under an LLC or something to hide their identity etc).

W

What is this "LIST" I keep seeing referenced???

Who can see "the list"???
I think there are a couple lists. The one in referring to is a list of license statistics the Commonwealth publishes every year or so
I wouldn't be surprised if there's also a list of FFLs that the ATF maintains, though I don't know

I think there are a couple lists. The one in referring to is a list of license statistics the Commonwealth publishes every year or so
I wouldn't be surprised if there's also a list of FFLs that the ATF maintains, though I don't know
There certainly is a list of all FFLs (C&R FFLs are NOT included) and updated every month.

There certainly is a list of all FFLs (C&R FFLs are NOT included) and updated every month.

Thanks Len, I had forgotten about those lists...

The ATF one is a bit concerning, it's so easy for any Wack Job to get the name/address of honest people and go right to their house... I would think it would be more safely handled than that... You don't see the Police, Judges addresses listed for Joe Q Public to get...

Back
Top Bottom