Got my Georgia Weapons Carry License...

allen-1

NES Member
$77.50 for a five year license for concealed carry in Georgia;
(there's no permit required for various forms of open carry here - but I'm not up to speed on those laws yet).

Applied at the county probate court six days ago and picked it up today, (yep, that spans a weekend). No lines, no wait, just a pleasant chat, fingerprints, photo shoot and form filling out last week. Phone call today telling us that we could come get them, and the judge handed us our permits because his assistant was away from her desk.

Reciprocity with Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming.

None of course with Connecticut, NY, NJ, MA or RI. <shocked face>

[dance][mg]

Great to hear, wife & I are leaving MA, heading to GA at the end of Feburay. Just bought a house just north of Atlanta....

Is the risqué cafe still there off 95, exit 10?

lol used to stop in there for bad coffe, worse food and even less desirable ladies. I've driven through GA a bazillion times but never really spent any time there aside from the aforementioned fine dining and gas. Glad your liking it man.

Last edited:
Is the risqué cafe still there off 95, exit 10?

lol used to stop in there for bad coffe, worse food and even less desirable ladies. I've driven through GA a bazillion times but never really spent any time there aside from the aforementioned fine dining and gas. Glad your liking it man.

Hahah!!! The Cafe Risqué! My buddies and I were driving down to FL and stopped in there in the early 2000s. We'd joke how we were having flapjacks while watching flapjacks at 6am.

Hahah!!! The Cafe Risqué! My buddies and I were driving down to FL and stopped in there in the early 2000s. We'd joke how we were having flapjacks while watching flapjacks at 6am.

Lol, no kidding. It's like a bad titty bar, day-shift girls to boot, and a Waffle House run by a state release program. Awe-sum

waffle house or huddle house?

funny story -
I had to teach the waitresses at huddle house what a coffee "to go" was. I would eat breakfast there (my lovely accommodations) before work. One day I decided to ask for a coffee to go. The waitress looked at me like she heard those words before, just never in that order. "Coffee to go? Go where?" So I asked her to turn around, get one of those styrofoam cups, fill it with coffee and a splash of cream. And I'll pay for it. After that, I was know as the crazy yank who likes to take his coffee with him when he leaves. This was like 10 years ago, not 1950. Theres no dunkin donuts or starbucks (maybe atlanta or touristy areas have them) so no one really does the coffee at work or to go thing. I would like to think I was a pioneer[smile]

funny story -
I had to teach the waitresses at huddle house what a coffee "to go" was. I would eat breakfast there (my lovely accommodations) before work. One day I decided to ask for a coffee to go. The waitress looked at me like she heard those words before, just never in that order. "Coffee to go? Go where?" So I asked her to turn around, get one of those styrofoam cups, fill it with coffee and a splash of cream. And I'll pay for it. After that, I was know as the crazy yank who likes to take his coffee with him when he leaves. This was like 10 years ago, not 1950. Theres no dunkin donuts or starbucks (maybe atlanta or touristy areas have them) so no one really does the coffee at work or to go thing. I would like to think I was a pioneer[smile]

LOL, I was stationed in Camp Lejeune way back when. I used to drive home to Dallas on 96's, and I always stopped at this Waffle House on I20 in Monroe Lousianna. One time, I stop in, get waited on, and order a patty melt and some smothered and covered hash browns. As I was waiting, the cook and waiter were in the freezer smoking when I see something under the grill scurrying about. It was this huge F'ing rat scrounging for scraps. Dude comes out to fill my coffee and Intell him "hey man, you got a rat this F'ing big under the grill". While holding out my hands like a fishing story. Dude was like "no shit?" And grabbed a broom and went to battle with this thing. It was screaming and you could hear its claws scratching at the tile trying to escape the assault. I'm just sitting there sipping my coffee watching the show. Meanwhile my patty melt is done. Is was OK, the patty melt.

Great to hear, wife & I are leaving MA, heading to GA at the end of Feburay. Just bought a house just north of Atlanta....

We did our driver's licenses first, and paid attention to the requirements on the GA DDS web site. GA has a "REAL ID" only drivers license and they're serious about it. Passport, Social Security Card and two separate proofs of residency. Easiest proof of residency is forwarded mail, so get that taken care of early and send something to yourself. Next easiest is insurance binder. The DDS will issue you a temporary paper license and mail you a permanent one. The probate court accepted our paper licenses as proof of ID when applying for concealed carry permits.

People here in general are just plain nicer. Life is slower. I'm enjoying it - a lot.

Welcome to Georgia. You will love it here. I live in Gwinnett County.

Bought a house in Bryan County. Got my driver's license and my carry permit. I knew there was a WMA range in Richmond Hill, (I shot there on my last trip down here), but lucked out this last weekend. A new rod and gun club just opened up on rt 17 which is very close by. I checked it out and joined it.

Yeah, this is working out very well. [smile]

funny story -

A lot of people in the south use sodas (Coke, Mellow Yellow, etc) as their source of caffeine in the morning as opposed to coffee.

I really liked the Savannah area but the humidity was brutal, for me anyways. Apart from that I loved the area and the laid back attitude.

Reciprocity with Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming.

[dance][mg]

MA does not recognize ANY other state's LTC.

$77.50 for a five year license for concealed carry in Georgia;
(there's no permit required for various forms of open carry here - but I'm not up to speed on those laws yet).

[dance][mg]

I don't feel as bad about $100 for 6 years based on your permit fee. And like ^ said. No other license is good in MA but MA issued.

Back
Top Bottom