• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gov. Maura Healey pledges to push for strong gun laws in Massachusetts

Soooooooo glad I moved.

as previously said, this isn't about crime, it's about gun ownership. They want to stop it. If the half million LTC's in MA woke up and voted Red, this shit would come to a screeching halt
Nah they would just rig it worse, more mail in ballots. Blue will Always win

That only mattered when elections counted. Not anymore.
Dude, we are talking about Massachusetts. Elections haven't mattered here for 30 or 40 years lol. If the legislature couldn't pass a revised AWB and a mag limitation of 7 rounds after Sandy Hook, while the idea of more pointless gun laws on the books is mind numbing, all of the "serious" stuff Linsky is pushing isn't going anywhere. I hope I am not wrong on this.

I am hoping to move to NH in the next 2 or 3 years.

I was planning on moving down South in the next 3 years or so, basically once my youngest is out of HS. Now I'm seriously considering us buying a place in NH or ME and moving our primary residence there in the next 12-18 months just to get out of MA. I already hate MA, now I just want out... more anti-2A gun BS in MA will push my move up as I'm done "compromising" with these commie twats.

I was planning on moving down South in the next 3 years or so, basically once my youngest is out of HS. Now I'm seriously considering us buying a place in NH or ME and moving our primary residence there in the next 12-18 months just to get out of MA. I already hate MA, now I just want out... more anti-2A gun BS in MA will push my move up as I'm done "compromising" with these commie twats.
I want nothing to do with the south for a plethora of reasons. Even ME would be better than here in MA but it comes down to being able to transition my job occupation successfully in order for either to work.

I want nothing to do with the south for a plethora of reasons. Even ME would be better than here in MA but it comes down to being able to transition my job occupation successfully in order for either to work.
I'm remote so work won't be an issue for now. I'm fine moving south, especially since it was in part to not have to deal with winter up here and in part to lower our cost of living while preparing for retirement down the road, and of course more freedom. I want FL, wife was leaning towards NC or SC. The shift to NH or ME would solve our immediate problem if being in MA, still keep us close to MA as my folks are retired and need help, and with the added bonus of being able to really enjoy ski season. We'll still move south, but we would push it out a number of years if we move north in the mean time. Honestly, it could all work out for the best as I expect real estate prices to continue to drop in 2023. Maybe winter of 2024 would be a decent time to shop for a place.

Not sure what you do for work, but I would get that transition rolling now. I trust this Gov and AG about as far as I could throw them...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHa1zTLrXO8

Maura is preaching to the choir, nothing but a headline. Nothing specific against us, just more Leftist nonsense but she's checking the boxes.
Good point! She can't go hard if she wants to be more than just a governor. She needs to make proclamations that will rile up her supporters and, at the same time do nothing. She needs to attract enough independents in the constitutional-carry states like Maine or New Hampshire if she wants to run for prez. If she does ANYTHING anti-2A, she might as well shoot herself in the foot.

Good point! She can't go hard if she wants to be more than just a governor. She needs to make proclamations that will rile up her supporters and, at the same time do nothing. She needs to attract enough independents in the constitutional-carry states like Maine or New Hampshire if she wants to run for prez. If she does ANYTHING anti-2A, she might as well shoot herself in the foot.
As I've stated before Maura is a jock and a lawyer, not a triggered snowflake. She was a professional athlete, basketball player who played in Austria for 2 yrs and she seems to be a serious lawyer who respects the rule of law. I don't remember her going on any tirades against legal gun owners like her rabid anti-gun leftists. If she comes after us, I believe it will be because the Globe keeps the Mill nonsense alive and she needs to shut up her base who want blood after Bruen. Maura is watching NY/NJ bills and I believe she knows they will get slapped down. I don't think she wants egg on her face.

As I've stated before Maura is a jock and a lawyer, not a triggered snowflake. She was a professional athlete, basketball player who played in Austria for 2 yrs and she seems to be a serious lawyer who respects the rule of law. I don't remember her going on any tirades against legal gun owners like her rabid anti-gun leftists. If she comes after us, I believe it will be because the Globe keeps the Mill nonsense alive and she needs to shut up her base who want blood after Bruen. Maura is watching NY/NJ bills and I believe she knows they will get slapped down. I don't think she wants egg on her face.
I would say maybe a couple or so weaker of the bills may pass but any of the hardlined bills Linksy has submitted (what's new, right?), I doubt they gain any traction.

The fat guy in Illinois just hid them all back of a bill concerning amusement park rides, and signed it with a flourish and big smirk while the normal law abiding folk were still going "Huh? wait, what"?"
And I would expect lawsuits challenging the legality of Richie Rich's anti-gun bill.

Either that or she's well aware that the best way to win a battle is not let the other guy know you are coming.

You’ll have to explain how her dribbling a basketball in Austria should alleviate concerns about her being a woke zealot spewing radical progressive dogma.

The problem with your theory is that Maura will not be the one writing and passing the bills. That will be the rabidly anti-2A MA legislature (the same legislature that has vowed to destroy us this session)... and Maura will sign anything anti-2A they put on her desk... absolutely guaranteed. :(

Do you really think that Maura wants to be president? If so, one of two things has to happen:

1) Either a majority of the country has to go full-blown "woke" radical Alphabet Soup on us... or,

2) Maura has to stop acting like everything is about her sexual identity and maybe start acknowledging that normies still exist and matter too.

Exactly for the reason I mentioned: Republicans are unelectable!
They would be if they if they were actual Republicans .
My local rep lost by a couple of votes to the Dem challenger after the recount.
SOB almost broke his wrist trying to get his signature on the red flag law with all possible speed.
Guess who was one of the couple of votes he lost by.
I'm tired of being lied to and played , f*ck these RINOS

Do you really think that Maura wants to be president? If so, one of two things has to happen:

1) Either a majority of the country has to go full-blown "woke" radical Alphabet Soup on us... or,

2) Maura has to stop acting like everything is about her sexual identity and maybe start acknowledging that normies still exist and matter too.
Or:

#3 The Powers That Be decide she's the one, then crank up the Cheaty-Machine and she's in.

The problem with your theory is that Maura will not be the one writing and passing the bills. That will be the rabidly anti-2A MA legislature (the same legislature that has vowed to destroy us this session)... and Maura will sign anything anti-2A they put on her desk... absolutely guaranteed. :(
How are they ANY different from the rabidly anti-2A MA legislature we had last term? Or the one before that? Or the one before that? Or the ones we’ve had for more than a decade?

It’s not at all clear to me how Bruen, plus the upcoming rulings against NYS, NJ, & IL, makes that same legislature MORE likely to pass restrictive new gun laws. You’ll need to explain that to me.

Back
Top Bottom