• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GOVERNOR OF TEXAS declares that his state is a Second Amendment ‘sanctuary statel’

Reptile

NES Member

Gov. Greg Abbott (R-TX) has vowed to defend Texans’ gun rights by declaring that he intends to make the entire state of Texas a “Second Amendment sanctuary.”

This is super good news, but I have heard that TX has a ton of BS lawz already on the RKBA.
Enlighten us as to what they are please.

basically you need a permit to carry. Carry is defined as on your person off your property. Your car is considered your property so you don’t need one to have it in the car. Permit is shall issue once you take a class. No restrictions on ownership - if it’s federally legal you can own it permit or not. There are some restrictions where you can carry. Bars, government buildings, schools.

that's it.

This is super good news, but I have heard that TX has a ton of BS lawz already on the RKBA.
You are correct. Lots of 30.06 and 30.07 signage in most stores, and it's binding. By carrying in these places one can be a subject of a Class C or Class A misdemeanor.

texas..... some day ill move down there. i heard that it really hot in the summer, can not go out during noon time, sun will burn ya.... is that true? and am a machinist , which area have lot of machine shops in texas , anyones know? i been in newengland area a while and the people are great , the weather are nice , the politic and gun laws are stink lol.

basically you need a permit to carry. Carry is defined as on your person off your property. Your car is considered your property so you don’t need one to have it in the car. Permit is shall issue once you take a class. No restrictions on ownership - if it’s federally legal you can own it permit or not. There are some restrictions where you can carry. Bars, government buildings, schools.

that's it.
I will plead ignorance, but there is consensus here that TX is far from perfect 👌.

For me a sanctuary state would:

No live fire competency requirement

Open carry/Constitutional carry

No sales tax on guns and bullets

Stand your ground

No insurance surcharges for ownership of guns in homes or apartments

State based electoral college

Term limits

Notification not require during LEO interactions.

Shooting ranges are constutionally protected by TX constitution

No vehicle transport requirements

Carry long gun in front seat a-ok

No nuisance laws, for lawful firearm use

Carry on boats, atvs, dirt bikes and sand rails permitted

Looks like Tesla has a job that I am qualified for paying just under what I am making now in TX. So tempted to pack it up and head south.
  1. Find a cost-of-living calculator and see if it even is a pay cut.
  2. Put on your thinking cap and make sure you're either confident that Tesla will be around, or that your skills are in sufficient demand that you can get another job if Tesla ever shrinks.
  3. Fly; be free.

that's it.
Bar, or restaurants that make more money in the bar. Few places I really like to carry a gun, a place that servers alcohol is one of them.

You are correct. Lots of 30.06 and 30.07 signage in most stores, and it's binding. By carrying in these places one can be a subject of a Class C or Class A misdemeanor.
I see very few stores with signage. some stores post 30.07 but not 30.06.

Bar, or restaurants that make more money in the bar. Few places I really like to carry a gun, a place that servers alcohol is one of them.
the place has to earn 51% or more of it's revenue from alcohol to post the 51% sign (prohibiting carry). Most restaurants don't make 51% from alcohol.

I’ve literally never seen an 06 sign. I’ve seen 07’s but as I don’t open carry it’s not an issue.

Most state buildings other than LE, jails, courts can not prohibit carry on your person. You can walk onto UT Austin and carry.

I've way more 07 signs than 06 signs. I've seen one 51% "RED" sign.

I've seen signs that say "Concealed Firearms Welcome" as well. I think those are non binding. ;)

Oh, and TX recognizes a MA LTC.

I thought the Bill of Rights was supposed to make America a sanctuary from all the other nations that lived under the boot of tyranny.
Sad that Texas even needs to do this.
I agree. America is supposed to be the epitome of liberty and freedom. Here we are running away within our country.

that's it.
Signage

Back
Top Bottom